PDA

View Full Version : I dont care if Finch doesnt workout as hard as schmiddy wants...

OU_Sooners75
11/3/2012, 11:14 AM
him to or not. Why isnt Finch playing more?

Also, I guess Whaley has been forgotten about now? Or is he hurt?

delhalew
11/3/2012, 11:24 AM
It's a little wierd. You would think having three or four backs with different styles and comparable in effectiveness, you want to use them all. Fresh legs and what have you.

MichiganSooner
11/3/2012, 11:40 AM
I don't understand the disappearance of Whaley. From a walk-on hero, to the winner of a scholarship, to the bench. What happened?

OU_Sooners75
11/3/2012, 11:41 AM
IDK what happened to Whaley.

bluedogok
11/3/2012, 12:10 PM
I think Schmidt is part of the problem, we seem to have too many injuries every year. Something with the S&C program just doesn't seem to be working.

instigator
11/3/2012, 12:18 PM
The Whaley thing just makes no sense. Clay is better than I expected but Whaley was great and can't get on the field now.

soonercastor
11/3/2012, 12:26 PM
oops

murray1430
11/3/2012, 12:40 PM
Whaley I don't feel is 100% healthy. I think they rushed him back through offseason hoping he would be ready because they didn't know if the recruits at rb would be up to par this early or not. Probably wasn't 100% secure in commitments.

Breadburner
11/3/2012, 12:43 PM
I dont think Whaley has been 100% all year...

BoulderSooner79
11/3/2012, 12:43 PM
Whaley has looked ok with the few chances he has had lately. Clay has played very well today - looks quick and decisive.

SoonerorLater
11/3/2012, 12:59 PM
Clay has been solid all year. I'm surprised when I read the negatives comments on here.

goingoneight
11/3/2012, 01:24 PM
Whaley's not hurt badly, but he is behind the rest of the guys right now in terms of overall performance evaluation-- which is what gets you on the field. These coaches aren't dummies, if they see a guy is lacking here or there, they'll exploit it. You almost can't look at a couple plays here or there for Finch and Clay if they're all going through the grind and someone has won the position battle. We don't have an AD or a DM here right now. We don't even have an Allen Patrick. OU's backs and run game slipped the same way Texas did by virtue of a good spread QB making up for it.

StoopTroup
11/3/2012, 01:27 PM
him to or not. Why isnt Finch playing more?

Also, I guess Whaley has been forgotten about now? Or is he hurt?

It's because Clay keeps getting 13 yard runs like he just did....

BoulderSooner79
11/3/2012, 01:31 PM
Clay is having his best game and it's against a good Dline.

StoopTroup
11/3/2012, 01:31 PM
Clay's first down against a bigger guy was also why. He stood the defender straight up and got the first down whith a huge hit.

Now he scores a TD.

Time to give up on what you think you want and what's really best.

Trust in Stoops.

TOUCHDOWN

OKLAHOMA ! !

WTG CLAY !

SoonerorLater
11/3/2012, 01:32 PM
That's why Clay is in there.

OU_Sooners75
11/3/2012, 02:40 PM
Clay has been solid all year. I'm surprised when I read the negatives comments on here.

Where is my negative comment about Clay?

I think he does good. But he is not an everydown back. And I think Finch is our most explosive back when it comes to stretching the defense. But since Schmidt is pissed at him for not working hard enough in the weight room he doesn't get a lot of pt.

And personally, I agree with whomever said schmidt is part of the problem. He is!

Soonermagik
11/3/2012, 02:46 PM
It's baffling that they don't try to pound the ball inside more with Millard. It's equally baffling that they don't try to use someone as quick as Finch to hit the outside. This staff likes to try to ride one or maybe 2 backs a game.. instead of getting fresh legs in the game. It's a mistake.. no doubt. Remember when Stoops ripped into Heupel for not playing Millard more in the bowl game? Stoops is aware of the running problems. Heck, they said today OU was dead last in the rushing department in the Big 12.This team is too one dimensional and they need to start using more of the talent they have on the sidelines.

Okie35
11/3/2012, 02:47 PM
Same here. I don't care, if you have explosive players, play them. I've been wondering why Finch and Whaley don't play more.