PDA

View Full Version : wow....un coming to observe voting...

Soonerjeepman
11/2/2012, 01:11 PM
http://www.thomhartmann.com/bigpicture/why-un-sending-election-observers-us

frickin libs....

at least texas is doing something right!

http://rt.com/usa/news/texas-osce-election-abbott-231/

guess I'm Un American because I think ya ought to be a US citizen with a VALID ID to vote. Hell, ya probably should have to pass a test to vote as well. Voter suppression...give me a break.

Midtowner
11/2/2012, 01:24 PM
Don't read everything you get in an email forward. They've been part of every American election since 2002 without you getting your panties in a wad. And it's not the UN, it's the OSCE. They were first requested to come here by GW Bush following the 2002 election debacle.

Soonerjeepman
11/2/2012, 01:42 PM
I'm not getting this in an email....I searched it up and looked at several links. Thanks for your advice. no panties in a wad, idiot. Frankly I don't want ANYTHING with the un on it, glad you do.

Soonerjeepman
11/2/2012, 01:48 PM
The monitors, from Europe and central Asia, will not limit their observation to noting possible violations of U.S. and sate election law. They will also “assess these elections for compliance with international obligations and standards for democratic election” and “conduct comprehensive monitoring of the media,” according to a press release.
Read more at http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/20121024002-un-us-elections.html#74XYIt5jxQykgfB2.99

foreign observers...and they are UN backed...if ya look at the first link it's a lib. Too bad they weren't around for the black panthers in obama's first run...

MamaMia
11/2/2012, 01:51 PM
Don't read everything you get in an email forward. They've been part of every American election since 2002 without you getting your panties in a wad. And it's not the UN, it's the OSCE. They were first requested to come here by GW Bush following the 2002 election debacle."email"..."panties in a wad"...Bait much?

MamaMia
11/2/2012, 02:05 PM
I fail to see what the problem is? What's wrong with simply showing an ID before you vote? If you don't have a photo ID, get one. 14 bucks, a birth certificate and 5 minutes. Its not that hard.

MamaMia
11/2/2012, 02:17 PM
I just called the DMV here in town. All anyone needs is a certified birth certificate that she said can be obtained online within 30 days, a social security card that takes about 6 weeks and thats it. So, seriously...what's the problem? You cant even cash a check without an ID. How do you function without an ID?

Soonerjeepman
11/2/2012, 02:32 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/Politics/election-monitors-free-countries-headed-us-election-day/story?id=17555988#.UJQeq9nawuE

another for ya mid...love the crap the naacp puts out...and isn't it convient that 12 of the monitors are from "not free" countries...and they are going to monitor US? and actually be a part of the process...

A recent OSCE report said that "recent state-level legislative initiatives to limit early voting and introduce stricter voter identification have become highly polarized. Democrats are concerned that these would disenfranchise eligible voters, while Republicans believe they are necessary to protect the integrity of the vote."

Different activist groups, including the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) sent a letter to the head of the monitoring team urging him to post monitors in states where voting ID laws and early voting restrictions have gone into effect.

"Further, election observation helps to improve our citizens' trust and confidence in election results. Accordingly, we urge the OSCE to deploy its limited election monitors in those states where restrictions on voting have been most extensive—Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Texas and Wisconsin. Poll monitors should be particularly vigilant about requests for, and acceptance of, identification of those seeking to vote, particularly if certain groups, such as racial minorities and young voters, are being targeted," reads the letter, in part.

rock on sooner
11/2/2012, 02:45 PM
Outside observers can't be within 300 feet of a polling place in Iowa. There
are some that are coming here to observe the election. The word is, if they
violate the 300 foot rule, they will be arrested. (Long standing Iowa law.)

Hate like all get out to do ANYTHING the same as Texas....

Sooner98
11/2/2012, 02:57 PM
I'm trying to imagine how I would feel if I were a black or latino citizen, and I heard a bunch of white liberals and the Democratic party as a whole, saying that me and people of my skin color are so inferior as humans, that we are completely incapable of performing such a simple task as obtaining an ID so I could vote. I think I would be pretty insulted and offended by that.

MamaMia
11/2/2012, 10:32 PM
I'm trying to imagine how I would feel if I were a black or latino citizen, and I heard a bunch of white liberals and the Democratic party as a whole, saying that me and people of my skin color are so inferior as humans, that we are completely incapable of performing such a simple task as obtaining an ID so I could vote. I think I would be pretty insulted and offended by that.I hope they aren't being made to feel "inferior" because they most certainly are not, however if they look at the big picture, you would think they would not have a problem showing an ID to protect their vote. As it is now, anyone you know can just go in and vote for you under your name as long as they are on the list. It makes you wonder how many people sign up friends and family who don't care about politics and then drive around to the different assigned polling places and cast votes for them. That should not be possible to do, and preventing it is such an easy fix.

hawaii 5-0
11/2/2012, 11:14 PM
I predict when someone tries to interfere with someone's right to vote there's gonna be people with cell phones around to document the suppression efforts.

Could make for some entertaining viewing, to see who's behind the suppression efforts.

5-0

ouwasp
11/2/2012, 11:20 PM
I hope one of the UN homos is at my polling place... I'll enjoy being the Ugly American to them.

Actually, it would be interesting to meet one of the observers and buy 'em a coke. As long as they aren't acting like a surly know-it-all watching out for some 3rd world cesspool. That's the sort of attitude that makes me wish the UN would relocate to Paris.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/2/2012, 11:26 PM
So if I'm working a poll and some guy comes in and I don't think the picture on his ID looks like him, should I be able to refuse to give him a ballot?

SanJoaquinSooner
11/2/2012, 11:41 PM
Voter ID is a solution in search of a problem. Well the pubs searched enough and found the problem: Too many inner-city Democrats without drivers licenses are voting.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/2/2012, 11:47 PM
guess I'm Un American because I think ya ought to be a US citizen with a VALID ID to vote. Hell, ya probably should have to pass a test to vote as well. Voter suppression...give me a break.

Ok, let's all agree: from here on out, only those who passed a test to get U.S. citizenship can vote.

Soonerjeepman
11/3/2012, 12:16 AM
Ok, let's all agree: from here on out, only those who passed a test to get U.S. citizenship can vote.

I know ya are given me $hit...but honestly there are a lot of uniformed people voting.

Soonerjeepman
11/3/2012, 12:20 AM
Voter ID is a solution in search of a problem. Well the pubs searched enough and found the problem: Too many inner-city Democrats without drivers licenses are voting.

ok SJS...I work in the inner city, have for 23 yrs. The main reason the AA voted for obama #1 he is half black #2 he promised to give them money...those are from direct statements from uneducated inner city folks.

BTW pretty sure most states have a law requiring every person carry some form of picture id, I know KS does. SO why don't these folks have one?

MamaMia
11/3/2012, 12:26 AM
So if I'm working a poll and some guy comes in and I don't think the picture on his ID looks like him, should I be able to refuse to give him a ballot? Not if the address matches and the photo is 'like' enough, however just like with a drivers license, the licensee is responsible to keep the image fairly current.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/3/2012, 12:54 AM
Not if the address matches and the photo is 'like' enough, however just like with a drivers license, the licensee is responsible to keep the image fairly current.

The licensee is responsible for keeping the image current? You mean if a woman cuts her hair and dyes it a different color she needs to get a new license? Mama, are you making rules up?

SCOUT
11/3/2012, 02:33 AM
The licensee is responsible for keeping the image current? You mean if a woman cuts her hair and dyes it a different color she needs to get a new license? Mama, are you making rules up?

You do know that voter logs are by name and address, right? Sure, it is possible a look-a-like could show up with blonde hair. However with an actual ID, the voting dead of Chicago would not be allowed to cast a ballot.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/3/2012, 03:28 AM
You do know that voter logs are by name and address, right? Sure, it is possible a look-a-like could show up with blonde hair. However with an actual ID, the voting dead of Chicago would not be allowed to cast a ballot.

You're saying a poll worker could deny a ballot to someone who doesn't look like their photo, right?

MamaMia
11/3/2012, 04:12 AM
The licensee is responsible for keeping the image current? You mean if a woman cuts her hair and dyes it a different color she needs to get a new license? Mama, are you making rules up?Of course not. Don't be ridiculous. I said...

Not if the address matches and the photo is 'like' enough," however just like with a drivers license, the licensee is responsible to keep the image fairly current. "Like enough" as in a possible representation.

That would not include hair color, hair style or what pair of earrings you're wearing instead. Any halfway intelligent person can look at a photo, check the address and see if the image is in fact a fair representation. If someone has had plastic surgery for instance, or if their weight has changed drastically, then yes, I would think thats reason enough for a police officer, liquor store or whomever to deny privileges associated with the representation of that identification, and with no fault of their own, and an update would be the responsibility of the card holder.

Its a simple check and balance that would solve a whole lot of problems, so why not? Why on earth would ANYone have a problem showing proper ID?

sappstuf
11/3/2012, 05:29 AM

They have photo IDs to get welfare and section 8 housing..

cleller
11/3/2012, 07:59 AM
Photo IDs make it harder for people who are mentally incompetent, fiscally irresponsible, or have criminal intent to vote.

ouwasp
11/3/2012, 02:50 PM
Photo IDs make it harder for people who are mentally incompetent, fiscally irresponsible, or have criminal intent to vote.

Seems like enough mentally incompetent folks are voting this yr to make it close for BHO...

Sooner98
11/3/2012, 04:05 PM

ZOMG VOTER SUPPRESSION!!!!11

SoonerInFortSmith
11/3/2012, 04:09 PM
The US invented democracy. F*** the UN. That is all.

Sooner98
11/3/2012, 04:12 PM
Also, can anyone here explain why registering to vote, and actually making it to the voting booth to cast a ballot are both no problem at all for blacks and Latinos, but obtaining an ID to vote is supposedly an extremely difficult task to accomplish?

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/3/2012, 04:26 PM
You guys are a bunch of ****ing morons. Bush invited OSCE in 2002 (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/25/embassy-row-unacceptable/), and there have been calls of voter fraud from both sides. Not surprised some Texas morons are threatening neutral observers. We aren't and shouldn't be above international observation, its a rather common procedure

olevetonahill
11/3/2012, 04:38 PM
Yall heard it from Stupid, Its all Bush's fault

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/3/2012, 05:07 PM
Yall heard it from Stupid, Its all Bush's faultI'm crediting him, but alright

Midtowner
11/3/2012, 05:41 PM
The US invented democracy. F*** the UN. That is all.

That made me LOL. You really think that?

The U.S. invented democracy?

Do you often get pissed off at Biblical translations not in the original English?

ouwasp
11/3/2012, 06:11 PM
well, Ft Smith is wrong about the democracy thing, but I agree with his sentiment regarding the UN...

Midtowner
11/3/2012, 06:25 PM
I wasn't even aware they were here during the last two elections. I can't see how it hurts anyone, it's not as if this group is going to have the power to interfere in any way, shape or form. If there is voter suppression, however, it can be helpful to have that information so it can be dealt with.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/3/2012, 07:00 PM
I wasn't even aware they were here during the last two elections. I can't see how it hurts anyone, it's not as if this group is going to have the power to interfere in any way, shape or form. If there is voter suppression, however, it can be helpful to have that information so it can be dealt with.
nah they are coming to take our guns

SoonerInFortSmith
11/3/2012, 07:04 PM
Midtowner and OUwasp: It was a joke. A satire on overreaction if you will. I am not ignorant on history and I have actually translated some of the Bible from Latin back in the day. So :p

ouwasp
11/3/2012, 08:40 PM
Ft. Smith... sorry if I came off as a know-it-all...I would imagine most folks know we didn't invent democracy. But, like you, I get tired of the 3rd world tools at the UN looking down at the US...

soonercruiser
11/3/2012, 08:54 PM
That made me LOL. You really think that?

The U.S. invented democracy?

Do you often get pissed off at Biblical translations not in the original English?

What's the point Mid?
The Catholic Church (founded by Christ himself) is not a democracy!
Duh!

Soonerjeepman
11/4/2012, 08:23 PM
I don't care who brought the un in to do it...screw them.

As far as suppressing the vote...give me a frickin break. I teach in the inner city and they can all get Iphones, flat screen tvs...etc. Go get a frickin ID. Are you saying most are driving ILLEGAL since they don't seem to have a DL?