PDA

View Full Version : You heard it here first

CowboyMRW
11/2/2012, 12:50 PM
Oklahoma State will beat Kansas State this weekend. Go ahead and take it to the bank.

KSU can't stop our offense and we put 8 in the box and stop Klein.

prrriiide
11/2/2012, 12:52 PM
http://tucsoncitizen.com/hispanic-politico/files/2012/05/tin_foil_hat.gif

8timechamps
11/2/2012, 12:56 PM
http://ct.fra.bz/i60/5/10/27/f_113a9bea55.jpg

BoulderSooner79
11/2/2012, 12:56 PM
I will admit that the Poke game appears to be the most interesting matchup remaining for KSU. But you guys were more dangerous last year and barely won at home.

CowboyMRW
11/2/2012, 01:04 PM
I will admit that the Poke game appears to be the most interesting matchup remaining for KSU. But you guys were more dangerous last year and barely won at home.

Yes we were. That was also the 1 of 2 games that we lost the turnover battle. We were rolling early, and Blackmon muffs the punt, Weeden throws a pick 6, and Blackmon fumbles going into the end zone. Not making excuses, because I was very happy that we won, we really kept them in the game with costly mistakes.

Plus while our pass defense is horrendous this year, our run defense is much improved and that is because our DTs are pretty good. And we're finally getting healthy at LB with Lyndell Johnson coming back who is a major boost for us.

CowboyMRW
11/2/2012, 01:05 PM
We may get our a$$es handed to us, but I get this real good feeling for it, like 2008 Mizzou was for us.

Kadosh
11/2/2012, 01:24 PM
I'd rather K-State win out at this point. We are not going to get the Big 12 title this year. And i'd rather have K-State have a better chance at the MNC than Notre Dame. Even ok with Oregon at the MNC than ND.

LSU has a shot at taking down Alabama, which moves up everyone else. Les Miles has a witchdoctor in the booth that does some funky juju and somehow wins close games in the last few seconds.

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2012, 01:24 PM
Oklahoma State will beat Kansas State this weekend. Go ahead and take it to the bank.

Kansas seemed to have no problem stopping your offense.

badger
11/2/2012, 01:28 PM
http://mickframez.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/rbod.jpg
http://www.stain-removal-101.com/images/homemade-dishwasher-stain-remover-orange-kool-aid-21243780.jpg

CowboyMRW
11/2/2012, 01:30 PM
Kansas seemed to have no problem stopping your offense.

Meh, long delay with a very unimaginative play calling game and Walsh seeming to miss the open receivers. That game was an anomaly for our offense.

http://mickframez.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/rbod.jpg
http://www.stain-removal-101.com/images/homemade-dishwasher-stain-remover-orange-kool-aid-21243780.jpg

O yea, Very much so.

webfoot
11/2/2012, 01:34 PM
Yes we were. That was also the 1 of 2 games that we lost the turnover battle. We were rolling early, and Blackmon muffs the punt, Weeden throws a pick 6, and Blackmon fumbles going into the end zone. Not making excuses, because I was very happy that we won, we really kept them in the game with costly mistakes.

Good thing those guys aren't playing for you this year - addition by subtraction, I guess.

MamaMia
11/2/2012, 01:34 PM

We may get our a$$es handed to us, but I get this real good feeling for it, like 2008 Mizzou was for us.
So, make up your mind already.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/2/2012, 01:40 PM
Your QB's completion percentage drops 16 points under the blitz. (Thanks, espn.) You're on the road and jr mc skippy the QB and your so-so o-line won't be able to communicate protection.

Crawl back in your hole and start shoveling dirt on top of yourself. That way you can share in exactly what is going to happen to your orange creamsicles this weekend.

KABOOKIE
11/2/2012, 02:01 PM
You lost to texas AT HOME. What on Earth beside meth gives you this confidence?

Kstate 55
osu 17

badger
11/2/2012, 02:19 PM

2008 Pokes: After we beat Missouri, and Texas beat uo, and then WE beat Texas... um... WE BETTER DAN DEM GOONERZ!!!!

(aggy lost 28-24 in austin)

They were also pizzed that they didn't get Gameday till the Gooner game that year, despite Mizz being ranked No. 2 when they played them, and since Gameday went to RRS the week before, they ignored the Poke-whorn game the next week.

cvsooner
11/2/2012, 02:32 PM
Also, this year Klein seems to be able to throw pretty well. A pass completion was the final straw for us against them in our comeback effort. So....I think OSewe will give them a hard time for a half but the second half, unless weather plays a role, or Klein gets hurt, is going to belong to the Wildcats.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/2/2012, 02:39 PM
OSU's offense won't be on the field to score points. Klein and Hubert will kill their defense.

CowboyMRW
11/2/2012, 02:58 PM
OSU's offense won't be on the field to score points. Klein and Hubert will kill their defense.

Klein maybe, but Hubert won't. He hasn't gone over 100 in the last 3 games. The ground game won't win this game for KSU. It has to be the arm of his and turnovers.

2008 Pokes: After we beat Missouri, and Texas beat uo, and then WE beat Texas... um... WE BETTER DAN DEM GOONERZ!!!!

They were also pizzed that they didn't get Gameday till the Gooner game that year, despite Mizz being ranked No. 2 when they played them, and since Gameday went to RRS the week before, they ignored the Poke-whorn game the next week.

Gameday is overrated to go to. I'm not referencing the 2008 season. I'm referencing the fact that not many people were giving us a chance outside of the program as Mizzou was #2 at the time and playing really well. It is the same feeling that I'm having right now. It's just a gut feeling.

Kstate 55
osu 17

I'd be willing to bet everything I own that they don't beat us by 38

Texas and OSU are 2 completely different teams right now. Pisses me off that we lost, but we did. We still control our own destiny though. We are playing on a different level right now defensively than what we were. Especially that some people are getting healthy.

Alright. I choose that we win. I said the second part to emphasize the feeling that I have about us winning.

Your QB's completion percentage drops 16 points under the blitz. (Thanks, espn.) You're on the road and jr mc skippy the QB and your so-so o-line won't be able to communicate protection.

Crawl back in your hole and start shoveling dirt on top of yourself. That way you can share in exactly what is going to happen to your orange creamsicles this weekend.

That is a very interesting stat from ESPN. But does it tell the whole story? TCU blitzed the hell out of us all game last week. Lunt looked pretty rough the entire first half. I don't know if it was rust or him scared of another injury, but he looked bad. Up until the beautiful completion/late hit he was looking bad. That hit that he took gave him the confidence to trust his knee/ankle and know that ULaLa was a freak accident, imo. I'm not sure if he even has enough attempts for that to really have a lot of meaning.

Soonerjeepman
11/2/2012, 03:01 PM
sorry poke...ksu will roll...they don't kill themselves.

StoopTroup
11/2/2012, 03:11 PM
If oSu was playing an egg....I think they would definitely beat the egg.

BoulderSooner79
11/2/2012, 03:14 PM
Well Cowboy, you'll have a bunch of folks in Eugene and South Bend being pokes for a day. Even some SEC! SEC! types will be routing for you as they dream of another all SEC title game.

badger
11/2/2012, 03:18 PM
Tee hee, someone created a fake t. boone twitter account: (https://twitter.com/Fake_TBoone)

How many 100 million did this Snyder dude give to put his name on Kansas St.'s stadium?

I got rid of that PETA loving wife so I could say, LETS TORTURE SOME FREAKING CATS TOMORROW!!

how soon before osu shuts it down? :stunned:

Wishboned
11/2/2012, 03:36 PM
I used to think you were one of the good OSU fans that posted on this board.

But then I realized I had you confused with NYC Poke.

Moore
11/2/2012, 03:37 PM
:gary:

Foolish talk

CowboyMRW
11/2/2012, 03:43 PM
Tee hee, someone created a fake t. boone twitter account: (https://twitter.com/Fake_TBoone)

how soon before osu shuts it down? :stunned:

You should follow Fake Dana Holgorsen. That dude is hilarious.

olevetonahill
11/2/2012, 04:23 PM
If oSu was playing an egg....I think they would definitely beat the egg.

Hell if they were Playing a sore peter they couldnt beat it

cleller
11/2/2012, 04:27 PM

You heard it here first. The pokes will either win or lose. :sneakiness:

BoulderSooner79
11/2/2012, 05:15 PM
You heard it here first. The pokes will either win or lose. :sneakiness:

I still wouldn't put money on it.

sendbaht
11/2/2012, 05:37 PM
I've now jumped on the KST side. Hope they win the rest of their games. No chance for us to win the Big 12 and if anyone I would like to win it is KST. Higher in the polls the better for us. Win it all Kst...boomer sooner!

JLMSOONER
11/2/2012, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by thecrimsoncrusader
Klein maybe, but Hubert won't. He hasn't gone over 100 in the last 3 games. The ground game won't win this game for KSU. It has to be the arm of his and turnovers.

Originally Posted by badger

Gameday is overrated to go to. I'm not referencing the 2008 season. I'm referencing the fact that not many people were giving us a chance outside of the program as Mizzou was #2 at the time and playing really well. It is the same feeling that I'm having right now. It's just a gut feeling.

Originally Posted by KABOOKIE

Kstate 55
osu 17
I'd be willing to bet everything I own that they don't beat us by 38

Ok......so how much do you own?

CowboyMRW
11/2/2012, 06:24 PM

About 200 sheep. Pretty much it

SoonerObsession
11/2/2012, 07:40 PM
Funny thing about KSU, it seems that most teams they play have turnovers. Why is that? Maybe because they cause them? OSU has a chance....if Collin Klein gets hurt. I don't see how that guy can go the rest of this season without having some type of injury.

CowboyMRW
11/2/2012, 08:35 PM
Funny thing about KSU, it seems that most teams they play have turnovers. Why is that? Maybe because they cause them? OSU has a chance....if Collin Klein gets hurt. I don't see how that guy can go the rest of this season without having some type of injury.

Woah woah woah, I was told that teams don't cause turnovers. They are luck :friendly_wink:

sooneron
11/2/2012, 09:06 PM
Collin Klein has lower passing percentage than Dexter Manley

Lolz as per Fake_Tboone!

Whet
11/2/2012, 10:25 PM
If OSU can get their quick score offense going early, K State doesn't have the type of offense to catch up.

MyT Oklahoma
11/2/2012, 10:58 PM
Barring injuries KSU is going to win out. Get used to it.

P.S. And best of luck to them.

picasso
11/2/2012, 11:12 PM
I've now jumped on the KST side. Hope they win the rest of their games. No chance for us to win the Big 12 and if anyone I would like to win it is KST. Higher in the polls the better for us. Win it all Kst...boomer sooner!
The hell with KSU.

They are due a dud but I doubt it will be vs. the Pokes.

Mazeppa
11/3/2012, 12:36 AM

That's pretty funny stuff right there.

olevetonahill
11/3/2012, 07:14 AM
The Boy been French Kissin his Sheep after they ate Loco weed.

Ruf/Nek7
11/3/2012, 09:56 AM
I can agree with this only because the Notre Dame fix is on. Ncaa and NBC needs ND in the championship for $. Kstate will lose at the hands of some questionable stuff and ND will continue to get the pampered treatment.

SoonerorLater
11/3/2012, 10:52 AM
Everybody here should want OSU to win. OU can still win this. An OSU win has no negative consequences for OU and might have some positive ones. While I may not be an OSU Fan, I'm not a KSU Fan either. That said I think OSU gets spanked.

soonergirlNeugene
11/3/2012, 03:56 PM
spec for ya if you're right, this call is definitely in the Nostradamus or Nostradumb@$$ territory

sooneredaco
11/3/2012, 10:06 PM

About 200 sheep. Pretty much it

Looks like you just lost 200 sheep! :D

MyT Oklahoma
11/3/2012, 10:57 PM
KSU 44
OSU 30

So much for the predictions to the contrary. LOL

Soonerjeepman
11/3/2012, 10:59 PM
4 to's for 21 pts, sounded like OU's game against ksu...

OUmillenium
11/3/2012, 11:23 PM
Thank you Wildcats for throwing some more water on the lOSUr fandom insanity that has overtaken the Tulsa area in the last year.

CowboyMRW
11/3/2012, 11:38 PM
Well dang. Really thought we had a shot. 5 turnovers and terrible, terrible special teams cost us this game.

Always next year, right guys? Right?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/4/2012, 12:55 AM
Heard it here first. Didn't believe it. Was correct.

VA Sooner
11/4/2012, 07:02 AM
5 turnovers were the game... Chapman having 3 of those INTs. Ouch.

Breadburner
11/4/2012, 08:23 AM
OP is a dumb****....!!

kevpks
11/4/2012, 08:30 AM
Well dang. Really thought we had a shot. 5 turnovers and terrible, terrible special teams cost us this game.

Don't take it too hard. OSU still controls their own destiny...for a Pinstripe Bowl bid. :encouragement:

olevetonahill
11/4/2012, 08:41 AM

You REALLY thot you had a shot at My 100 bucks Too dint ya? :courage:

jk the sooner fan
11/4/2012, 09:16 AM
do yourself a favor

dont take your "gut feelings" to vegas

;)

CowboyMRW
11/4/2012, 01:26 PM
do yourself a favor

dont take your "gut feelings" to vegas

;)

Funny thing about that is I won 8000 last year betting on college football games, and never once bet on OSU. Just an old adage I've heard to never bet on your team.

bluedogok
11/4/2012, 02:57 PM
Funny thing about that is I won 8000 last year betting on college football games, and never once bet on OSU. Just an old adage I've heard to never bet on your team.
A guy that I know in OKC plays constantly with a local bookie at an amount that I would consider obscene even if I had his income but then I am not much of a gambler. He always said "don't bet your heart" of course that was easy for him to do when Baylor was horrible.

Peeb
11/4/2012, 03:17 PM
You heard it here first. The pokes will either win or lose. :sneakiness:And that is exactly what happened!

That's just ... freaky.

CowboyMRW
11/4/2012, 03:38 PM
You REALLY thot you had a shot at My 100 bucks Too dint ya? :courage:

Serious question, because I've heard thousands of different things regarding tie breakers on standings, but hypothetically, OSU wins out and OU's only remaining loss is to OSU, what happens? That would put both of us at a 2-way tie. What happens.

Realistically, I know the odds are against us, so that scenario is all hypothetical.

olevetonahill
11/4/2012, 03:44 PM
Serious question, because I've heard thousands of different things regarding tie breakers on standings, but hypothetically, OSU wins out and OU's only remaining loss is to OSU, what happens? That would put both of us at a 2-way tie. What happens.

Realistically, I know the odds are against us, so that scenario is all hypothetical.

Best I remember our bet just is whoever is ranked highest in the B12
Hell if its a tie then the bets a Push IMHO

olevetonahill
11/4/2012, 03:45 PM
And that is exactly what happened!

That's just ... freaky.

That cleller is a pretty sharp feller.

CowboyMRW
11/4/2012, 03:46 PM
Best I remember our bet just is whoever is ranked highest in the B12
Hell if its a tie then the bets a Push IMHO

That thread should be easy to find as it's only like the 4th one I've ever started here.

Won't lie though, I'm scared of facing your defense with Chelf as our QB

olevetonahill
11/4/2012, 03:48 PM
That thread should be easy to find as it's only like the 4th one I've ever started here.

Won't lie though, I'm scared of facing your defense with Chelf as our QB

I think you started off with saying that OsU would be second in the B12 Behind #1 Saxet
Thats when I went to bettin,

Then I thot we just agreed that who ever was ahead of the other .
Oh well like ya said we can always dig it up later

CowboyMRW
11/4/2012, 03:50 PM
Boy was I wrong about Texas. I thought that their defense was going to be the strength. Diaz's philosophy is terrible upon further review. Especially the way he misuses the ends every play.

olevetonahill
11/4/2012, 03:53 PM
Boy was I wrong about Texas. I thought that their defense was going to be the strength. Diaz's philosophy is terrible upon further review. Especially the way he misuses the ends every play.

Heh, Seems you've been wrong a bunch on here :courage:

olevetonahill
11/4/2012, 03:57 PM
What should be skeery for you is you could very well lose at least 3 of the next 4 games Yall play if now all 4 of em :gorilla:
None the less I feel Yall gonna be lucky to be Bowl eligible as it is

CowboyMRW
11/4/2012, 04:03 PM
What should be skeery for you is you could very well lose at least 3 of the next 4 games Yall play if now all 4 of em :gorilla:
None the less I feel Yall gonna be lucky to be Bowl eligible as it is

WV and Baylor have an even worse defense than we do. I think we pull that one off. Texas Tech hasn't won in Stillwater in what? 10 years? Even Gundy's first year, they couldn't pull the win out, and that was our only conference win that year. So, for right now, I'm thinking that's a W.

opksooner
11/4/2012, 04:05 PM
I took it to the bank.

They charged me $35 for a bounced check.

Sh#@

CowboyMRW
11/4/2012, 04:07 PM
I took it to the bank.

They charged me $35 for a bounced check.

Sh#@

I can send some vCash or spek? I got plenty of vCash

olevetonahill
11/4/2012, 04:09 PM
WV and Baylor have an even worse defense than we do. I think we pull that one off. Texas Tech hasn't won in Stillwater in what? 10 years? Even Gundy's first year, they couldn't pull the win out, and that was our only conference win that year. So, for right now, I'm thinking that's a W.

Thats My point, Yall got a shatty D and as it looks right now ya aint gonna have much O unless the Clef dude can start doing some good things

CowboyMRW
11/4/2012, 04:13 PM
Thats My point, Yall got a shatty D and as it looks right now ya aint gonna have much O unless the Clef dude can start doing some good things

But my point is that it's not as worse as WV or Baylor's defense.

olevetonahill
11/4/2012, 04:18 PM
But my point is that it's not as worse as WV or Baylor's defense.

But what Im sayin is it dont make a sh*t. if ya aint got an O to exploit em .

CowboyMRW
11/4/2012, 04:26 PM
But what Im sayin is it dont make a sh*t. if ya aint got an O to exploit em .

We've still got Randle though and as long as Chelf can make the easy passes against these porous defenses we'll be fine.

olevetonahill
11/4/2012, 04:48 PM
We've still got Randle though and as long as Chelf can make the easy passes against these porous defenses we'll be fine.

caint hep but LOL when ya say that, Look at what ya just garendayumteed :courage:

CowboyMRW
11/4/2012, 04:59 PM
caint hep but LOL when ya say that, Look at what ya just garendayumteed :courage:

That is true.

We just opened up at 8 point favorites today. I think by gametime it's down to 6.5

CowboyMRW
11/4/2012, 07:11 PM
Looks like we're trying the OU approach as far as scheduling opponents. I guess OSU realizes with the way that the playoffs are going to go about choosing teams that games like this are needed.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/jeremy-fowler/20824954/fsu-oklahoma-state-discussing-2014-game-in-cowboys-stadium

Opening with Mississippi State next year, and hopefully FSU in 2014.

kevpks
11/4/2012, 08:43 PM
Your orange brethren seem a bit delusional to me. Any talk of OSU winning out is laughable. Even 8-4 seems like a long shot at this point.

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/we-look-good.155306/

StoopTroup
11/4/2012, 08:53 PM
I think lil brother will be selling out games once they are in Conference USA with Tulsa and the ticket prices are $25.

CowboyMRW
11/4/2012, 09:01 PM
Your orange brethren seem a bit delusional to me. Any talk of OSU winning out is laughable. Even 8-4 seems like a long shot at this point.

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/we-look-good.155306/

There's not much talk about winning out from most people I know. 3-1 would be great and put us at 8-4 and the Alamo, which would be a blast against USC.

I think we're set up to make a nice run next year. It's not out of the realm of possibility, especially if we land Cunningham, Treadwell, or Coley.

September 1st is huge for us. Mississippi State at Reliant.

Breadburner
11/4/2012, 10:16 PM
You aint gonna be ****...Without Holgerson....

Peeb
11/4/2012, 10:49 PM

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/we-look-good.155306/Never a lack of delusional talk on boards. I see us as arguably favored (or at least even) in every game except yours, which will (likely) be a curb-stomping revenge game that goes BIG in your favor.

Finishing 3-1 is objectively plausible.

olevetonahill
11/4/2012, 10:52 PM
Never a lack of delusional talk on boards. I see us as arguably favored (or at least even) in every game except yours, which will (likely) be a curb-stomping revenge game that goes BIG in your favor.

Finishing 3-1 is objectively plausible.

Im guessin Yall be dayum lucky to finish 2-2