PDA

View Full Version : UE numbers...

Soonerjeepman
11/2/2012, 09:15 AM
I was surprised and then not...

came out at 7.9 and the local guy asked about numbers being adjusted later," isn't that normal?"
Washington correspondent said yes, usually...
local guy..."last month didn't California NOT report, that is why they were wrong last month"
Washington correspondent...didn't even acknowledge local guy said ANYTHING...

surprised local guy mentioned Calif....not surprised Washington guy said nothing...

diverdog
11/3/2012, 08:00 AM
I was surprised and then not...

came out at 7.9 and the local guy asked about numbers being adjusted later," isn't that normal?"
Washington correspondent said yes, usually...
local guy..."last month didn't California NOT report, that is why they were wrong last month"
Washington correspondent...didn't even acknowledge local guy said ANYTHING...

surprised local guy mentioned Calif....not surprised Washington guy said nothing...

We have had 37 months of job growth. That is a good thing. The problem is we need 350,000 jobs created per month not 150,000.

pphilfran
11/3/2012, 12:00 PM
We have had 37 months of job growth. That is a good thing. The problem is we need 350,000 jobs created per month not 150,000.

350k is too high and impossible to achieve...I would settle for 200k though 220k would be better...we have been averaging just over 150 the last two years....

Sooner5030
11/3/2012, 01:42 PM
I wish we would also track employed:population. I think we are right at ~130 million employed. I'd say that employed and tax revs - total pop and expenditures is more important than if those "seeking" employment can find it.

soonercruiser
11/3/2012, 09:09 PM

PROMISES, and words mean something! (Obmama's own words)
Obama promised that unemployment wouldn't go above 8% if his Skimulus package passed Congress.
And, he promised that unemployment would be 5.8% by now in his Presidency!
And, he promised that he would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term! It has doubled!

But, his whole Presidency was consumed by apologies to the Muslim world, and getting his governmnet take-over of American healthcare passed!
(...and fundraising in Hollywood!)
:upset:

cleller
11/3/2012, 09:16 PM
Shouldn't there be some resounding headlines about the rise in unemployment?