PDA

View Full Version : Which match up?

flysooner9
11/1/2012, 03:02 PM
I know im sort of dreaming at this point but.. Which match up would you rather see?

OU vs ND in the fiesta bowl or OU vs Nebraska in the Rose? If we win out i could see either of these happening.

Seamus
11/1/2012, 03:06 PM
Why would you think OU vs. ND is possible? If it were a 31-30 barnburner, perhaps.

Flagstaffsooner
11/1/2012, 03:14 PM
Some idiot at the oklahoman wrote an article about it. I didnt even bother to read it. Must have been either Trammel or Carlson.

flysooner9
11/1/2012, 03:35 PM
Its not incredibly far fetched. If we win out, there's a very good chance well be a BCS at large. If KSU makes the championship game then we probably go to the Fiesta against another at large team, possibly ND if they dont make the NC. If Oregon goes to the NC game and assume no other PAC-12 team is BCS qualified (pretty likely by the end of the year) theres a good chance we get selected to the rose bowl against the Big 10 winner possibly Nebraska.

Harris County Sooner
11/1/2012, 06:58 PM
I would rather take a shot at Nebraska.

Seamus
11/1/2012, 08:36 PM
There is little national interest in seeing a rematch with ND. It was a convincing win that appeared even moreso because of the final margin.

I could buy into the possibility of a matchup with Nebbish. That makes more sense.

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2012, 09:26 PM
Rematches suck.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/1/2012, 09:48 PM
None of the above. Though I wouldn't mind either re-match. But I think the main problem is I don't have any faith this OU team is good enough to survive the stretch run without another loss. Somehow it just feels like the wheels will fall off again in Morgantown, even though WVU has been exposed.

But let's pretend we are....

I think we whip KSU if we played them again. Frankly I don't even think it is a question. We go against them again and we win by two touchdowns minimum. We handed them that game and they know it. But, no sex appeal to bowl or TV execs. So that doesn't happen.

I think if we played the right kind of game we could beat ND. Though for my money they are clearly a better team. But this staff is too stubborn with "the way we do things" to make the changes necessary to beat ND. Because one of the things I believe they would need to do is run the read option with Bell for a significant portion of the game to control the clock. And that won't happen unless Landry is missing a limb or Heupel has a stroke. They're going to run their system and be damned if anyone tells them they can't win that way. Regardless, we're the only ones that want a rematch here.

Lastly, I have decided I could care less if we ever play Nebraska again. In fact, now that Michigan and ND have cancelled their series past 2015, I would just as soon we schedule Michigan in 2020 and 2021 rather than dink around with some 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century. That era is dead and buried and best left to the annals of history. We have permanent scoreboard on them, as it should be.

For our bowl game I would just as soon see us take on an SEC team in the Cotton Bowl. Right now that could be a Florida, Georgia, LSU, or South Carolina. And yes, it could be a *bleh* Mississippi State team too. Except they have a quality ball club and actually would be a pretty good matchup.

PrideMom
11/2/2012, 08:42 AM
I would like to play Kansas State again, but I guess that isn't the question. I think OU could win against either ND or Nebraska, if we perform like we can....