PDA

View Full Version : Will Obama go quietly? ( Interesting thoughts by William L. Gensert )

Mazeppa
10/31/2012, 08:23 PM
October 31, 2012
It's Not Over
By William L. Gensert

Does anyone believe that when Barack Obama loses on November 6, he will go quietly?

This election is shaping up to be a landslide loss for the president, and by the ever-present look of desperation on his face, he knows it. The nation should be preparing for how he might react when it happens -- there is nothing more dangerous than a cornered god.

In 2008, Americans wholeheartedly bought the Obama dream. It's never easy to let go of a dream, but today, people have let go of Obama the dream -- and on November 6, they will let go of Obama the man.

The debates served two purposes -- namely, showing the world that Mitt Romney was not the evil mastermind Obama and his crew had spent hundreds of millions of dollars portraying him to be while erasing the myth of Obama as invincible and inevitable.

For a man who is supposedly brilliant, it was devastating to see him perform like an uninformed moron in Denver. It can be said that he was unprepared, but whose fault was that? Preparation was too much of a "drag," and he wanted to see the Hoover Dam -- a particular draw for him, since it has always been a dream of Barack the god to build an Obama Dam while Americans forced to live in the economy he has built scream "God damn Obama."

The last two debates showed that the president did not understand what was going on. He thought he needed to be more aggressive, but all America saw was a rude and obnoxious man, with a dismal record of governance and no plan for the future. It used to be said that he is likable, but his condescension and constant belittling of Mitt Romney dispelled that notion.

He spent millions of dollars and much of the past year trying to define Mitt Romney and was outraged when his carefully concocted caricature didn't show up. Most people saw a man who was reasonable and presidential. A nation shell-shocked by four years of failed leadership saw the next president of the United States.

Barack thought he was a guaranteed victor in his re-election campaign. He thought the aura of his presence would so cow Romney into submission that when all was said and done, he would have the governor promising to vote for him as well.

Since his election, however, Obama has always been destined to lose -- America simply does not want what he is selling. But after his performance in the debates, many who had been inclined to perhaps give him a second chance took another look and didn't like what they saw: a nasty, petulant, thin-skinned man, uninformed and without a plan to move forward -- and all this on top of his disastrous record.

Yet he will not go away. In the best-case scenario, on November 7, Obama begins his march toward 2016. His entire life has been an exercise in running for president. Yet, paradoxically, when he attained the exalted position he so coveted, he acted as if it was a burden, and that we Americans did not deserve him -- in the end, only playing at being president while thoroughly enjoying the plane, the parties, and the perks.

He may never have been more than a part-time president, but to expect him to give up the job easily or gracefully is to fall prey to wishful thinking.

His monstrous ego will not allow any other course of action but to fight.

But, after his loss in two weeks, he will be forever destroyed as a viable option, at least electorally -- the cloak of invincibility and transcendent brilliance having succumbed to the reality of the man. He will become a mere mortal -- the veneer of likability stripped away by the truth of his pettiness and anger.

In short, he will never again be able to win the presidency at the ballot box.

And therein lies the danger. If Obama knows he can't win in 2016, he just might claim election fraud and attempt to stay. In a way, this could be what Attorney General Eric Holder's war on voter ID is all about -- establishing an argument for overturning supposedly fraudulent results. If his claim is validated by sycophantic media minions, it could gain traction among the electorate. It certainly will be believed by his small cadre of ardent supporters. After that, there is no telling what he might do -- or what his followers might do.

I would like to believe that Obama will exit gracefully. And I have a hard time accepting that he or his cohorts will foment rioting in the streets -- despite threats tweeted by twits on Twitter -- or that he will impose martial law. But, if I learned anything during decades in business, it is that proper preparation is paramount -- no one can know for sure what the future holds. The prudent prepare for all eventualities.

After all, we don't really know Barack Obama. His history is a chimera. The only information we have on the man is what he has told us in his two biographies and the slightly less than fpur years we have watched his disastrous reign of incompetence.

Just look at his recent actions. He has no problem ignoring the First Amendment and throwing a YouTube videographer in prison to sustain his pretend version of events surrounding the assassination of our ambassador in Benghazi.

He has no qualms falsely touting a little-watched video as the reason for Islamic unrest -- even to the point of causing riots at dozens of American embassies worldwide.

Those with open eyes know what this president is capable of.

Is this a man we can trust to accept the verdict of the electorate? I would like to believe yes, but all the evidence points to no.

It never occurred to Obama that he would not win a second term. He saw Mitt Romney as a mere businessman, and we know what Obama thinks of businessmen. He had dealt with many in the past -- they were greedy and easily converted into crony capitalists by government cash and preferential treatment.

Hubris is the most dangerous of emotions -- and Obama views all around him as extensions of himself. When he looks into the eyes of Americans, all he sees is his own reflection. He has surrounded himself with those who tell him only what he wants to hear. He lives in a bubble, but it is a bubble of his own creation, and because of that, he can't see it as a bubble. He sees it as reality.

What happens when the bubble bursts?

When reality ensues on November 7 -- who knows how he will react? Being a god is great as long as people believe, but once they do not, you become a mere mortal. Will Obama accept that?

Once the curtain was pulled back, the Wizard of Oz was forevermore just a man.

For Barack, the yellow brick road leads out of the White House. And, having spent the last half-decade studying the man, I'm not convinced that he will willingly follow that path. I want to believe he will. But I am not so sure.

Barack Obama will lose this election in a landslide, but that will almost certainly not be the end of it.

Voting is more important now than ever for those who wish to preserve the union -- the larger the landslide and the bigger his margin of loss, the harder it will be for Barack Obama to pretend the nation still wants him.

soonercruiser
10/31/2012, 08:46 PM
Some the Left Wing PAC commercials, like Michael Moore's internet grannies "swearing" to burn the da** county down....are a snippet of what we will see in some cities.

Oklahoma? Not so much!
"OPEN CARRY" starts tomorrow.
:boxing:

Skysooner
10/31/2012, 08:48 PM
That article rates as one of the most stupid I have ever read. That is a blog disguised as an article, and it was badly written anyway.

FaninAma
10/31/2012, 09:27 PM
That article rates as one of the most stupid I have ever read. That is a blog disguised as an article, and it was badly written anyway.

But you shouldn't care....you voted for Romney.

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2012, 09:41 PM

+1

ouwasp
10/31/2012, 09:52 PM
I really think BHO will look over 2+ centuries of the US changing administrations peacefully, if not always in a dignified manner, and go away in like manner. And I'm glad he'll be taking Michelle with him.

Skysooner
11/1/2012, 03:57 AM

I care when the "media" (term used very loosely in this case) is trying to brainwash and that applies to both sides. I like my information without a bunch of needless opinions thrown in. This isn't information. It is supposition, innuendo and not correct anyway. This has been my biggest problem with this election. The commercials, rhetoric etc are completely wrong in most cases and written to get the most rise out of people (and people buy it). Yes, I voted for Romney, but it doesn't mean it wasn't close. I want some form of decent election back. It is just getting worse all the time. I remember when the big issue was Reagan's age. Now it is bs thrown out about both candidates that simple fact checking proves false.

Chuck Bao
11/1/2012, 04:56 AM
Heh! That is some fine comedy you shared with us, Mazeppa. I needed a good laugh as the election is within a week and expected wailing and gnashing of teeth by the President Obama haters. This is far more entertaining than the usual bile-enhanced hate spew of the Republicans. Thanks.

FaninAma
11/1/2012, 09:36 AM
I care when the "media" (term used very loosely in this case) is trying to brainwash and that applies to both sides. I like my information without a bunch of needless opinions thrown in. This isn't information. It is supposition, innuendo and not correct anyway. This has been my biggest problem with this election. The commercials, rhetoric etc are completely wrong in most cases and written to get the most rise out of people (and people buy it). Yes, I voted for Romney, but it doesn't mean it wasn't close. I want some form of decent election back. It is just getting worse all the time. I remember when the big issue was Reagan's age. Now it is bs thrown out about both candidates that simple fact checking proves false.

Funny, I haven't seen you being quite as harsh on the liberals idiots on MSNBC. Maybe it's just an oversight on my part and you have been. But it sure seems you are quick to show your outrage when a neagative article about Obama is posted on this board.

Oh, and BTW:

When Obama wanted Bin Laden killed he called the Navy Seals.
When the Navy Seals needed help Obama was AWOL.(or packing for Vegas)

olevetonahill
11/1/2012, 09:42 AM
Personally I GAF how he goes, Kickin and screamin, whimpering like a kicked pup. Whatever as long as hes GONE

Skysooner
11/1/2012, 09:56 AM
Funny, I haven't seen you being quite as harsh on the liberals idiots on MSNBC. Maybe it's just an oversight on my part and you have been. But it sure seems you are quick to show your outrage when a neagative article about Obama is posted on this board.

Oh, and BTW:

When Obama wanted Bin Laden killed he called the Navy Seals.
When the Navy Seals needed help Obama was AWOL.(or packing for Vegas)

I'm not harsh on either, because I don't watch either. I'm specifically referring to print media or blog media in this case. This Gensert is to media what KU is to being a good college football team.

FaninAma
11/1/2012, 10:14 AM
I'm not harsh on either, because I don't watch either. I'm specifically referring to print media or blog media in this case. This Gensert is to media what KU is to being a good college football team.

It's a blog, for chrissakes. It is opinion. You are arguing with somebody's opinion. Meanwhile, most of the media have not ran a report on the Benghazi attack in over a week yet you seem perfectly okay with that dereliction of responsibility by the press. And if you tell me the press would be acting the same way if a Republican were President I will laugh in your face.

Curly Bill
11/1/2012, 10:23 AM
Personally I GAF how he goes, Kickin and screamin, whimpering like a kicked pup. Whatever as long as hes GONE

I personally volunteer to kick him in the a** on his way out the door, and that sasquatch of a wife of his too!

badger
11/1/2012, 10:31 AM
I thought the blog was a bad read and stopped midway through. However, it's topic has merit.

Jesse Jackson was Barack Obama before Barack Obama was: The man destined to be the first black president of the United States. He had momentum, he had energy, he gave people hope and optimism when he spoke... and then, he didn't get the nomination. And then he didn't get the nomination again in '88, despite a stronger showing. Gradually Jackson transformed into an activist, but one of a much more racial and bitter tone.

The transformation might not be immediate --- Obama might still want to run for office again soon --- but eventually, the loss will make him bitter.

olevetonahill
11/1/2012, 10:37 AM
I personally volunteer to kick him in the a** on his way out the door, and that sasquatch of a wife of his too!

We prolly gonna have to send in Turtle team six to clean the place out
http://jhansonphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/jhanson_turtleman_tear01.jpg

Skysooner
11/1/2012, 11:22 AM
It's a blog, for chrissakes. It is opinion. You are arguing with somebody's opinion. Meanwhile, most of the media have not ran a report on the Benghazi attack in over a week yet you seem perfectly okay with that dereliction of responsibility by the press. And if you tell me the press would be acting the same way if a Republican were President I will laugh in your face.

That is because Benghazi is just one of those eff ups. It happens all the time. You don't see me screaming about us going into Iraq which cost infinitely more lives or the intelligence failure prior to 9/11. The world is a effed up place. I'm sick and tired of the election and everything becoming a huge mantra or failure or somehow how everything is Obama's fault. S*** happens. Yes, it is a blog, and Mazeppa posts this bs all the time. 5 more days, and it is over unless we go into the Supreme Court.

Sorry, living in a swing state really gets on my nerves. I'm just griping.

olevetonahill
11/1/2012, 11:36 AM
That is because Benghazi is just one of those eff ups. It happens all the time. You don't see me screaming about us going into Iraq which cost infinitely more lives or the intelligence failure prior to 9/11. The world is a effed up place. I'm sick and tired of the election and everything becoming a huge mantra or failure or somehow how everything is Obama's fault. S*** happens. Yes, it is a blog, and Mazeppa posts this bs all the time. 5 more days, and it is over unless we go into the Supreme Court.

Kinda like the rest of us have gotten sick and ****in tired of hearing everything is Ws fault?

Curly Bill
11/1/2012, 11:38 AM
Kinda like the rest of us have gotten sick and ****in tired of hearing everything is Ws fault?

Yepper!

hawaii 5-0
11/1/2012, 11:46 AM
I never blamed Boosh the doosh for Watergate.

5-0

Skysooner
11/1/2012, 12:04 PM

Don't think you ever heard me say that, but in general, I agree. It has been a Democrat mantra for a long time.

rock on sooner
11/1/2012, 12:57 PM
We prolly gonna have to send in Turtle team six to clean the place out
http://jhansonphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/jhanson_turtleman_tear01.jpg

Wonder what happened to the first five Turtle teams?

badger
11/1/2012, 01:02 PM
It's times like these when you're about to cast your all-so-important vote (yes, I know I'm in Oklahoma so I don't matter) what will happen if each guy is in office next year.

I don't think that foreign policy will be that much different. The Eurozone will continue dealing with their freeloading bum in-law Greece, the Arab Spring will result in more instability and fighting in that region, Mexicans will cross the border if the job market is good and we'll all continue kissing China's arse as we borrow more and more to fund whatever pet projects each side has.

I don't think taxes will change for most of us. The tax cut repeal is now being hostage by both sides (Dems won't pass across-the-board no matter what, Repubs won't allow partial cuts no matter what) so it's going to end next year. You Internet shoppers will probably start paying sales taxes that you probably owed in the first place, my income won't move into the next tax bracket and the government knows it's political suicide in this partisan-charged harsh-economic times to pass a tax hike, regardless of the circumstances.

So, here's what it comes down to:

Do you want to see Obamacare stand exactly as it is (President Obama re-elected), or do you want to see parts of it changed without a full-on repeal (Romney elected). Dems will fillibuster before their signature 2008-2010 election goes down, so there's no chance of a full out repeal, but I could see some compromise if Romney is in office.

And dammit, that's what the federal government really needs right about now: Compromise.

Ike
11/1/2012, 01:11 PM
So, here's what it comes down to:

Do you want to see Obamacare stand exactly as it is (President Obama re-elected), or do you want to see parts of it changed without a full-on repeal (Romney elected). Dems will fillibuster before their signature 2008-2010 election goes down, so there's no chance of a full out repeal, but I could see some compromise if Romney is in office.

And dammit, that's what the federal government really needs right about now: Compromise.

I see it a little bit differently. I don't think there will be compromise on anything by anybody. I don't think Romney will get any if he wins, and I don't think Obama will get any if he wins. You are basically voting on which party you want to see act like petulant children and stonewall absolutely everything.

badger
11/1/2012, 01:15 PM
I see it a little bit differently. I don't think there will be compromise on anything by anybody. I don't think Romney will get any if he wins, and I don't think Obama will get any if he wins. You are basically voting on which party you want to see act like petulant children and stonewall absolutely everything.

That's true I guess. But, if you are looking for a more mature approach at both the presidency and veep-ie, I think it's clear from the debates who that ticket is.

If not, rest assured I am staring at your posts with a condescending smirk and will be interrupting your answer shortly :P

BigTip
11/1/2012, 01:19 PM
"Does anyone believe that when Barack Obama loses on November 6, he will go quietly?

This election is shaping up to be a landslide loss for the president, ....."

I stopped reading after that. Writer is discredited with that statement.

olevetonahill
11/1/2012, 02:21 PM
Don't think you ever heard me say that, but in general, I agree. It has been a Democrat mantra for a long time.

Wernt namin names, Just stating facts

badger
11/1/2012, 02:23 PM
"Does anyone believe that when Barack Obama loses on November 6, he will go quietly?

This election is shaping up to be a landslide loss for the president, ....."

I stopped reading after that. Writer is discredited with that statement.

Yeah, I agree, since "landslide" is defined as 60-40. I think that it will be a bit wider margin than some Dems hope, however. The past four years have been incredibly sh!tty for many unemployed and underemployed.

okie52
11/1/2012, 02:49 PM
I'm afraid Hussein might not be going.

CNN pundits were indicating they thought (with the help of sandy) that the momentum had shifted to Obama and he was leading in several of the swing states. Even Fox had indicated the shift (from what I heard on the radio).

Sickening as it may be we may have 4 more years of an energy idiot.

olevetonahill
11/1/2012, 02:52 PM
I'm afraid Hussein might not be going.

CNN pundits were indicating they thought (with the help of sandy) that the momentum had shifted to Obama and he was leading in several of the swing states. Even Fox had indicated the shift (from what I heard on the radio).

Sickening as it may be we may have 4 more years of an energy idiot, Plus all the other idiots who think hes ****in great.

FIFY

okie52
11/1/2012, 02:53 PM
FIFY

Heh...many thanks.

Skysooner
11/1/2012, 03:21 PM
Heh...many thanks.

Our President today was pretty sure Obama was going to win.

On the good side, looks like an incoming promotion at work.

okie52
11/1/2012, 03:25 PM
Our President today was pretty sure Obama was going to win.

On the good side, looks like an incoming promotion at work.

Congrats on the promotion.

I just signed some people to a 1/8 lease...I'm feeling a little guilty.

FaninAma
11/1/2012, 03:33 PM
Like in 2004 I think I will wait until the results are in. Although in retrospect Kerry probably wouldn't have screwed things up any worse than Bush did and Obama would have never been elected in 2008.

Skysooner
11/1/2012, 03:38 PM
Congrats on the promotion.

I just signed some people to a 1/8 lease...I'm feeling a little guilty.

Oh you should be but caveat emptor. It isn't like you can't find tons of information on leasing on the internet. I'm sitting here waiting for the VP to come by. Supposed to leave in 15 minutes, but we will see.

Mazeppa
11/1/2012, 08:15 PM
Heh! That is some fine comedy you shared with us, Mazeppa. I needed a good laugh as the election is within a week and expected wailing and gnashing of teeth by the President Obama haters. This is far more entertaining than the usual bile-enhanced hate spew of the Republicans. Thanks.

You're welcome.

soonercruiser
11/1/2012, 10:49 PM

Ya! And the coverup is kinda like Watergate; ceptin' 4 people died, and soldiers were "left behind".