PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting weapon warnings today?

badger
10/31/2012, 02:56 PM
Open carry starts in Oklahoma tomorrow. Something tells me a lot of businesses and workplaces are gonna emphasize how unwelcome guns (concealed and open) are in their places of establishment either today or tomorrow.

rock on sooner
10/31/2012, 02:59 PM
Signs cropped up all over the place here in Iowa when the CCPs got
easier to get.

Jersey
11/2/2012, 06:43 PM
nice

delhalew
11/2/2012, 07:00 PM
Some stores around here put up signs, but took them down by lunch after they were inundated with visits and phone calls from would be customers informing them they wouldn't be open much longer with that sign on their door.

rock on sooner
11/2/2012, 07:21 PM
Some stores around here put up signs, but took them down by lunch after they were inundated with visits and phone calls from would be customers informing them they wouldn't be open much longer with that sign on their door.

Rednecks hard at work?

delhalew
11/2/2012, 07:25 PM
My neighbor is an ultra liberal transplant from Minnesota, I met her mother today and found out were she gets it. This lady was spewing venom, and ranting about how she feared for her family's safety what with all the nutjobs free to carry guns around here. I told her she was right to be worried, and if I were her, I would pack up the car and drive back to Minnesota ASAP.

delhalew
11/2/2012, 07:27 PM
Rednecks hard at work?
That plus capitalism...ohhhh double wammy.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/2/2012, 10:04 PM
Rednecks hard at work?

I'd say smart Americans exercising their rights as citizens.

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2012, 10:12 PM
Doesn't that business owner have the same right not to allow firearms in their store?

delhalew
11/2/2012, 11:23 PM
Doesn't that business owner have the same right not to allow firearms in their store?

Sure, if they have so many customers they don't mind losing a great many of them. CCP holders can get their gas and candy bar somewhere else. That sign on the door also says please rob me and my unarmed patrons, but yeah, that's their right.
People don't tend to spend there money where they are inconvenienced. This isn't some city full of hyper sensitive softies who have dellusions about their safety.

You cant swing a dead cat around here without hitting a CCP holder. Especially the ladies.

hawaii 5-0
11/2/2012, 11:29 PM
I believe people should have the right to carry, but if a store owner wants to refuse entry to a firearms carrier he/she should have the right to do so.

Being allowed to open/conceal carry should allow one to carry it wherever one wants.

My 2 cents.

5-0

BigTip
11/2/2012, 11:43 PM
I believe people should have the right to carry, but if a store owner wants to refuse entry to a firearms carrier he/she should have the right to do so.

Being allowed to open/conceal carry should allow one to carry it wherever one wants.

My 2 cents.

5-0

I bet you would feel differently about "but if a store owner wants to refuse entry to a _______" if that blank said "black", "muslim", or "longhorn" instead of "firearms carrier" wouldn't you?

Well, maybe not the longhorn part.

hawaii 5-0
11/3/2012, 05:27 AM
I see a big difference between civil rights and the right to bear arms.

5-0

delhalew
11/3/2012, 08:40 AM
That's so far away from being relevant. Business owners SHOULD be able to deny anyone. Just be prepared to face the consequences when word gets around.

That was the whole fvcking point. People called and said, I'm not shopping in your store if that's your attitude. The business owners changed their stance. That's the way it works.

diverdog
11/3/2012, 03:58 PM
Do you guys think people shold be able to carry guns into banks?

Jersey
11/3/2012, 04:03 PM

hmmmm

olevetonahill
11/3/2012, 04:11 PM

I dont believe the Gov, should be able to say who can or who cant carry anywhere they want except for violent felons.
If an individual bank allows it so be it
it all about freedom of choice to me

rock on sooner
11/3/2012, 04:35 PM
Rednecks hard at work?

Just in case any of you rednecks were offended by that, well, I AM a
redneck, Okie (used to be a derogatory term, bunch of a-holes from
Pennsylvania and New York called me that when I was in the AF), born
in Guthrie, OK and grew up around Ardmore. Left OK in '63 and have
only visited since. Believe me when I say "redneck", it's cause I can
spot one a keyboard away and, when I say it, it is usually right on.
I have two half brothers and a half sister whose necks are as red as
a Sooner home jersey. That's where ima coming from, CB, just so
ya know.

StoopTroup
11/3/2012, 07:34 PM

Yes.

Curly Bill
11/3/2012, 08:18 PM

Yep, because if I intended on doing anything illegal in there a gun law wouldn't stop me in the first place would it?

olevetonahill
11/3/2012, 08:21 PM
Yep, because if I intended on doing anything illegal in there a gun law wouldn't stop me in the first place would it?

:courage:

Curly Bill
11/3/2012, 08:22 PM
Common sense...I has it!

olevetonahill
11/3/2012, 08:25 PM
Common sense...I has it!

Why YOU Posse :courage:

Curly Bill
11/3/2012, 08:28 PM
Why YOU Posse :courage:

Wait til I get me a pair of twin .45's to wear around just like my wild west namesake whenever I'm in Oklahoma! I'll be posse fer sure!

olevetonahill
11/3/2012, 08:33 PM
Wait til I get me a pair of twin .45's to wear around just like my wild west namesake whenever I'm in Oklahoma! I'll be posse fer sure!

We need a Pic fer the Hideout :smile:

Curly Bill
11/3/2012, 08:40 PM
We need a Pic fer the Hideout :smile:

I ain't got my twin sixguns yet.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/3/2012, 08:47 PM
If they are permitted, yes.

StoopTroup
11/4/2012, 06:00 AM
You fellas should go after the guy that robbed diverdog's bank.

Harry Beanbag
11/4/2012, 11:14 AM
Open carrying is retarded.

Flagstaffsooner
11/4/2012, 12:01 PM
Open carrying is retarded.

I agree with you. I am the biggest defender of the Second Amendment, but letting any a-hole walk around armed is just silly. We should all allowed to purchase fire arms and keep them in our places of residence for personal protection and to use for militia purposes to overthrow a hostile unconstitutional federal government.

Killerbees
11/4/2012, 06:01 PM
Common sense...I has it!

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz18/peteyvee/ihasit.jpg