PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else sitting out the election?

Tear Down This Wall
10/31/2012, 10:48 AM
:smug:

Curly Bill
10/31/2012, 10:51 AM
Nope! While not a huge Romney fan, he's definitely the lesser of two evils.

pphilfran
10/31/2012, 10:56 AM
Gotta place my votes against all incumbents....

delhalew
10/31/2012, 09:05 PM
Ron Paul was the only shot for me voting. Though I am likely to show up to vote on local and state scumbags.

StoopTroup
11/1/2012, 02:01 AM
I've been sitting it out for nearly four years waiting for the GOP to produce something worse than Sarah Palin and they have succeeded in creating an even worse dynamic duo than the 2008 ticket.

olevetonahill
11/1/2012, 07:37 AM
See my Sig

pphilfran
11/1/2012, 02:31 PM
I've been sitting it out for nearly four years waiting for the GOP to produce something worse than Sarah Palin and they have succeeded in creating an even worse dynamic duo than the 2008 ticket.

There is no doubt in my mind that the pub ticket this year is infinitely better than 2008...Palin was a terrible choice and was in about her head...this years team is very well versed on economics and business and that is where we need to concentrate...

Curly Bill
11/1/2012, 02:35 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that the pub ticket this year is infinitely better than 2008...Palin was a terrible choice and was in about her head...this years team is very well versed on economics and business and that is where we need to concentrate...

ST has his head in the clowds these days, don't bother tryin to talk sense to him.

olevetonahill
11/1/2012, 02:46 PM
Im having Surgery Monday, Will be at the Polls Tuesday

pphilfran
11/1/2012, 05:04 PM
Good luck!

olevetonahill
11/1/2012, 05:09 PM
Good luck!

Yea I hope My Man wins also. :welcoming:

Bourbon St Sooner
11/1/2012, 05:43 PM
I'm going to go vote for the local stuff. For Pres I haven't decided whether to go for Johnson or abstain.

olevetonahill
11/1/2012, 06:00 PM
Prolly aint aint gonna matter but Ima make sure that Obammy dont get ahead by one vote .

FaninAma
11/1/2012, 06:33 PM
If I didn't despise Obama I would stay home just like I did in 2008.

rock on sooner
11/1/2012, 06:43 PM
Im having Surgery Monday, Will be at the Polls Tuesday

Hey, Bud, what kinda surgery, it that's not too personal? Ifn
it is, then good luck, got lotsa positive thots fer ya!!!!

rock on sooner
11/1/2012, 06:44 PM
If I didn't despise Obama I would stay home just like I did in 2008.

Hey, imo, if ya dont vote, got no place bitchin....

olevetonahill
11/1/2012, 06:48 PM
Hey, Bud, what kinda surgery, it that's not too personal? Ifn
it is, then good luck, got lotsa positive thots fer ya!!!!
Dick reduction, they say if I take off 4 er 5 lbs My back wont hurt so much :chuncky:

Naw, Its just minor Eye stuff
Blepharoplasty, Got way too much Hide hangin over my eyelids makin it hard to see

rock on sooner
11/1/2012, 06:52 PM
Dick reduction, they say if I take off 4 er 5 lbs My back wont hurt so much :chuncky:

Naw, Its just minor Eye stuff
Blepharoplasty, Got way too much Hide hangin over my eyelids makin it hard to see

Hey, I had that done. Dint help much, I thot, but wifey said it did. Bunch of
stuff with the stitches and cool clothes, etc. I had two good lookin' nurses
attend, but the doc kept gettin in tha way....:biggrin:

SanJoaquinSooner
11/1/2012, 08:49 PM
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/sanjoaquinsooner/ballot2012_zps803abe38.jpg

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/1/2012, 11:25 PM
I know I'm being all literal and stuff here but

<steps up on soapbox> , <cues Star Spangled Banner to play softly in the background>

Any American who sits out any election isn't worthy of the name American. Too many lost their lives fighting for independence, and thus the right to have a say in government via vote rather than having to abide by laws dictated by a king's decree. And millions more have died since fighting to defend that right.

Then there were the suffragists, and believe me they were also sufferers, who put up with untold horrors in the battle to earn women the right to vote.

IMO to not vote dishonors everyone in our history who has struggled and sacrificed to bless us all with that right. I don't care who you vote for. If you can't bring yourself to vote for either candidate, write in Mickey Mouse if you must. But please, exercise that right that we as Americans are blessed with and that millions all over the globe can only dream of.

<steps off soapbox and slinks back into lurkerville>

Oh and you can turn off the background music too.

olevetonahill
11/2/2012, 03:38 AM

<steps up on soapbox> , <cues Star Spangled Banner to play softly in the background>

Any American who sits out any election isn't worthy of the name American. Too many lost their lives fighting for independence, and thus the right to have a say in government via vote rather than having to abide by laws dictated by a king's decree. And millions more have died since fighting to defend that right.

Then there were the suffragists, and believe me they were also sufferers, who put up with untold horrors in the battle to earn women the right to vote.

IMO to not vote dishonors everyone in our history who has struggled and sacrificed to bless us all with that right. I don't care who you vote for. If you can't bring yourself to vote for either candidate, write in Mickey Mouse if you must. But please, exercise that right that we as Americans are blessed with and that millions all over the globe can only dream of.

What She said

rock on sooner
11/2/2012, 08:04 AM
What She said

Yup.

Curly Bill
11/2/2012, 08:28 AM
I'm sorry, but I just "don't get" the voting is your patriotic duty thing?? We have too many idiots voting as it is!

olevetonahill
11/2/2012, 08:37 AM
I'm sorry, but I just "don't get" the voting is your patriotic duty thing?? We have too many idiots voting as it is!

It is your Duty and your Right. However most idiots wont take advantage so theres not much worry there.:sneakiness:

Curly Bill
11/2/2012, 08:39 AM
It is your Duty and your Right. However most idiots wont take advantage so theres not much worry there.:sneakiness:

My right? Yes

My duty? Yeah, not so much

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/2/2012, 09:59 AM
Rosanne Barr and Cindy Sheehan. There is a bunch of loony idiots that don't had a freaking clue what is going on.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/2/2012, 10:05 AM
just the guys who are voting 3rd party or independent, or actuallyl not voting at all.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/2/2012, 11:15 AM
I'm voting for chocolate and peanut butter.

DOWN WITH CREAMY NOUGAT

8timechamps
11/2/2012, 12:51 PM
My secretary informed me today that she wasn't going to vote. I told her if she's not voting, she isn't allowed to complain about anything political. She said "that's fine, I never do!". I reminded her that every time she gets her paycheck, and bitches about taxes (which is also an attempt to get a raise) that she is bitching about something political. At that point, she "thought she heard the phone ring" and needed to get back to her desk. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but she's really good at her job.

Curly Bill
11/2/2012, 01:01 PM
My secretary informed me today that she wasn't going to vote. I told her if she's not voting, she isn't allowed to complain about anything political. She said "that's fine, I never do!". I reminded her that every time she gets her paycheck, and bitches about taxes (which is also an attempt to get a raise) that she is bitching about something political. At that point, she "thought she heard the phone ring" and needed to get back to her desk. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but she's really good at her job.

So......you're sayin she's smokin hot?!?! :)

KABOOKIE
11/2/2012, 01:25 PM

Rush said it best,

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

Curly Bill
11/2/2012, 02:04 PM
Yep, if ya ask me the freedom not to vote is right up there with the freedom to vote. And with the knuckleheads we have running for office these days, it makes just as much sense to exercise that freedom.

stoopified
11/2/2012, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=Tear Down This Wall;3539951]:smug: [/QUOTEhell no

olevetonahill
11/2/2012, 04:28 PM
So......you're sayin she's smokin hot?!?! :)

Either that or she swallows

ouwasp
11/2/2012, 07:27 PM
I'm voting for chocolate and peanut butter.

DOWN WITH CREAMY NOUGAT

Nougat sux bit time... but do you prefer creamy or crunchy pb?

FirstandGoal
11/2/2012, 07:38 PM
I just had this conversation with my 19yo son (the voting part, not the nougat part)

Anyway, he informed me that he wasn't going to vote because he didn't like either candidate. I then asked him did he even vote in a primary (knowing full well he hasn't bothered to declare a party, let alone register to vote) and the answer was no yet again. I'm trying to think of a way to get through to this kid that abstaining isn't the best option, but I'm truly at a loss in this particular election. Honestly, I'm not too sure I'm going to be getting out to vote.

delhalew
11/2/2012, 07:40 PM
Wrong. So long as our to party system forces out candidates that don't pull the status quo, the only way to send the parties a message is to refuse to play the lesser of two evils game. Republicans had the opportunity to give me a real candidate. The gave me Mitt.

But hey, I'm just a registered independent...read crazy person.

rock on sooner
11/2/2012, 07:52 PM
Yep, if ya ask me the freedom not to vote is right up there with the freedom to vote. And with the knuckleheads we have running for office these days, it makes just as much sense to exercise that freedom.

Only issue there, CB, is that when you stop and consider all the choices,
there IS a choice. To just stay home and not pick that choice, even if
it is Mickey Mouse (I think Badger said that), it is a choice! Ya gotta know
that people see paper ballots and if enough do that then someone will get
the idea and change does happen. In our form of gov't change does take
time and I'd hate to see indifference have such an effect.

After that, well, BOOMER SOONER!

MamaMia
11/2/2012, 11:40 PM
I'm having my 2nd chemo treatment on Monday and God willing, I will be at the polls on Tuesday casting my vote against all incumbent judges and for Republicans, including Romney.

hawaii 5-0
11/3/2012, 05:34 AM
I'm glad I live in a country that allows me a right to vote.

Some countries don't, and it wasn't that long ago when women and people of color weren't allowed to vote.

Happy to be an American.

5-0

MamaMia
11/3/2012, 09:41 AM
I'm glad I live in a country that allows me a right to vote.

Some countries don't, and it wasn't that long ago when women and people of color weren't allowed to vote.

Happy to be an American.

5-0The women in my family just dressed up like men, grabbed a cigar and threw on their Fedora.

StoopTroup
11/4/2012, 06:03 AM
Women in my Family just ran the polling place. Now they would make those darn he-she's show they are really who they said they are and ask for ID and verify it.

Flagstaffsooner
11/4/2012, 11:11 AM
The women in my family just dressed up like men, grabbed a cigar and threw on their Fedora.

I didnt know you were related to...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/86/RachelMaddowShow.jpg/250px-RachelMaddowShow.jpg;)

MR2-Sooner86
11/4/2012, 05:39 PM
You don't have a right to vote. Find it in the Constitution, then we'll talk. The Supreme Court in 2000 even said voting in the presidential election is a privilege, nothing more.

Anyway, you may have noticed that there's one thing I don't complain about: Politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says, "They suck". But where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. No, they come from American homes, American families, American schools, American churches, American businesses, and they're elected by American voters. This is the best we can do, folks. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out.

....I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain", but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain.

I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for what these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created.

Curly Bill
11/4/2012, 06:15 PM
You don't have a right to vote. Find it in the Constitution, then we'll talk. The Supreme Court in 2000 even said voting in the presidential election is a privilege, nothing more.

Anyway, you may have noticed that there's one thing I don't complain about: Politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says, "They suck". But where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. No, they come from American homes, American families, American schools, American churches, American businesses, and they're elected by American voters. This is the best we can do, folks. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out.

....I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain", but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain.

I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for what these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created.

I like your thinking!

StoopTroup
11/4/2012, 07:20 PM

I liked the thought I heard on "Real Time with Bill Maher". He had a guy named Matthew Segal. Segal is 27 and the President and Co-Founder of OurTime.org. Kind of a pup when talking about politics but I think it's good to see younger folks thinking about politics instead of taking your attitude. He feels we are headed towards a technological change in politics in his lifetime that might lead to streamlining our current processes in our Government. But...maybe not Curly's lifetime or mine or even yours MR2. Our current political system is slow and it's bogged down with so many folks giving the politicians money to promote their interests and it really does seem to produce the attitude you have. Bill also had former US Rep Rick Lazio (Consevative Republican - NY), Margaret Hoover from CNN and Actor Rob Reiner who I believe to be a very very ultra Liberal. They went on to all agree (Bi-Partisan) that the younger folks should learn to accept the facts and the ways things run and to take steps now to learn about candidates and vote and put an end to 60-40 rules and Political Levels of Politicians that allow nearly everything to suffer because of how easy it is to filibuster the ideas that are presented in the Senate.

We no longer seem to teach kids about Government. We have a ton of Americans running around like you saying that doing nothing is the answer and that if we were to begin to agree on what we should teach as good and bad Government....we are only indoctrinating the Youth of America. It's a bunch of BS as if you don't teach them you end up with adults later that probably won't take the time to learn about any of it.

As it is right now....It just might be the best thing for you if it's such a burden and you don't believe education will improve your status or your life. You just sitting around and not participating might just be the best thing for you but it is really just making a huge gap between the people who do care and the people who will use it to their advantage and promote their own agendas.

As they say....you should be able to read the menu or you will someday possibly be what's on the menu. At least you won't be responsible though.

MR2-Sooner86
11/6/2012, 05:42 AM
I don't know what's funnier; the long rambling post attempting to judge me or trying to argue over a George Carlin quote.

It's a shame though the main point was missed. It's, unfortunately, too common when people listen to Carlin or Hicks.

olevetonahill
11/6/2012, 05:49 AM

My right? Yes

My duty? Yeah, not so much

Let me redo.

Its OUR privilege to Vote, Its OUR patriotic Duty to Vote intelligently for who we believe is best for the Entire country, Not just Our little ethnic socio economic group

rock on sooner
11/6/2012, 09:03 AM
Let me redo.

Its OUR privilege to Vote, Its OUR patriotic Duty to Vote intelligently for who we believe is best for the Entire country, Not just Our little ethnic socio economic group

Well said, Vet.

Tear Down This Wall
11/6/2012, 01:23 PM

Exactly. If the choices are Obama and Romney, and that makes you Patriotic and Appreciative, forget it. Sat this this one and the last one out. America shouldn't be the United States of Settling for the Lesser of Two Evils.

Neither of those guys are worth a squirt of George Washington's dead p i s s.

That's right! I said it!

MamaMia
11/6/2012, 01:26 PM
There are also other things that we have to vote on other than politicians. There are state questions, judges, sheriffs. You don't have to vote for someone you don't like. Your choices on the issues still count.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/6/2012, 01:32 PM
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/sanjoaquinsooner/ballot2012_zps803abe38.jpg

wish i had that choice.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/6/2012, 01:33 PM
Exactly. If the choices are Obama and Romney, and that makes you Patriotic and Appreciative, forget it. Sat this this one and the last one out. America shouldn't be the United States of Settling for the Lesser of Two Evils.

Neither of those guys are worth a squirt of George Washington's dead p i s s.

That's right! I said it!

Couldn't agree more...Not voting for president means i don't support either.

I will vote, but president will remain blank.

StoopTroup
11/6/2012, 06:27 PM
Does leaving it blank allow someone to fill it in later if there is a recount?

There seems to be a lot of Voter Fraud STEP. LMAO

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2012, 09:55 AM
very true.

11/7/2012, 11:13 AM
There are also other things that we have to vote on other than politicians. There are state questions, judges, sheriffs. You don't have to vote for someone you don't like. Your choices on the issues still count.They're making a statement, so they can feel better, regardless of the consequences.

delhalew
11/7/2012, 11:23 AM
They're making a statement, so they can feel better, regardless of the consequences.

Bingo. Now remember that next time you vote in a primary. Keep your NeoCons with their lip service to the constistution and their social agendas.

If we still have a nation in four years.

11/7/2012, 12:01 PM
Bingo. Now remember that next time you vote in a primary. Keep your NeoCons with their lip service to the constistution and their social agendas.

If we still have a nation in four years.Vote the most lib of the R candidates? The condescending, leftist R's can't out-lib a D. They never get any votes from the D side, and they cause R's to sit out. The corruption and fraud in the country, socialist mentality, and willing free help from the media, schools and entertainment industry have the country on the path to failure.

delhalew
11/7/2012, 01:12 PM
Vote the most lib of the R candidates? The condescending, leftist R's can't out-lib a D. They never get any votes from the D side, and they cause R's to sit out. The corruption and fraud in the country, socialist mentality, and willing free help from the media, schools and entertainment industry have the country on the path to failure.

....After all the times we've had this conversation, you can't still be missing the point. I may be more conservative than you. Think Goldwater, but realizing that socially it's no longer the old days and we don't have a time machine.

Although, in this last cycle, Ron Paul would have done the trick.

11/7/2012, 02:19 PM
....After all the times we've had this conversation, you can't still be missing the point. I may be more conservative than you. Think Goldwater, but realizing that socially it's no longer the old days and we don't have a time machine.

Although, in this last cycle, Ron Paul would have done the trick.I think you're missing the point. 3rd party perceived conservative is a guaranteed prescription for a democrat, socialist win. I think the only hope we have for a conservative victory is for one to win the R primary, and stick with his message, not caving to those fools who say to become more liberal in order to get votes. In this election, Romney treaded very lightly, and yet the media and the democrats continued to say he was/is a crazed conservative, when you and I and most conservatives know he is far from fully conservative.

delhalew
11/7/2012, 06:42 PM
I think you're missing the point. 3rd party perceived conservative is a guaranteed prescription for a democrat, socialist win. I think the only hope we have for a conservative victory is for one to win the R primary, and stick with his message, not caving to those fools who say to become more liberal in order to get votes. In this election, Romney treaded very lightly, and yet the media and the democrats continued to say he was/is a crazed conservative, when you and I and most conservatives know he is far from fully conservative.

Ok! Thank God! You just volleyed my statement at me as if I didn't already say it.

I never said **** about a third party. I said you ****tarded oblivious Big (R) Republicans better choose a real reform candidate, or fade into obsurity. Meanwhile the rest of us can suffer under socialism because you won't drop the crotchety old man "get off my lawn" routine. I get it the world is ****ed up. Turn that frown upside down. Pick a ballsy leader, and try being a party of change that might actually generate some exitement.

11/7/2012, 07:24 PM
Ok! Thank God! You just volleyed my statement at me as if I didn't already say it.

I never said **** about a third party. I said you ****tarded oblivious Big (R) Republicans better choose a real reform candidate, or fade into obsurity. Meanwhile the rest of us can suffer under socialism because you won't drop the crotchety old man "get off my lawn" routine. I get it the world is ****ed up. Turn that frown upside down. Pick a ballsy leader, and try being a party of change that might actually generate some exitement.Instead of going off like you just did, you might have noticed somewhere along the line that Romney was far from my first choice. Among those running, I wanted Cain, then Bachmann, then Santorum. Paul was great on economic issues, but all silly on the national defense stuff and drugs. Those 2 issues are what makes Libertarians into simply democrat enablers.(in addition to the fact that perceived 3rd party candidates do that, anyway)

You leave the MSM out of the equation, which should not be belittled. That, and the complex and problematical nature of the primary elections.

Tear Down This Wall
11/7/2012, 07:41 PM
Well, looky there...nothing changed. Incumbents won abuot 100% of their seats. Open seats went about 100% to the same parties.

Gee, if feel so bad and unpatriotic for not voting again. What a difference it would have made.

Wake me up when the Chinese Navy arrives off the California coast.

delhalew
11/7/2012, 08:04 PM
Instead of going off like you just did, you might have noticed somewhere along the line that Romney was far from my first choice. Among those running, I wanted Cain, then Bachmann, then Santorum. Paul was great on economic issues, but all silly on the national defense stuff and drugs. Those 2 issues are what makes Libertarians into simply democrat enablers.(in addition to the fact that perceived 3rd party candidates do that, anyway)

You leave the MSM out of the equation, which should not be belittled. That, and the complex and problematical nature of the primary elections.

I'm not really going off. It's not like I went CAPS LOCK on you. I'm just tired of pubs giving lip service to Conservatism, and being to scared to serve up anything more than an establisment stooge. I wouldn't care if republicans weren't our only hope. So after years of playing this stupid game, I will now simply send out a promenent middle finger while I wait for y'all to get the message. Yes I am aware that means a win for the commies. If only republicans realized that's unavoidable until you make young people and independent voters take you seriously.

11/7/2012, 08:33 PM
I'm not really going off. It's not like I went CAPS LOCK on you. I'm just tired of pubs giving lip service to Conservatism, and being to scared to serve up anything more than an establisment stooge. (factor in the effect of the MSM and the D's politics of personal destruction, to realize the effect on the candidates who oppose democrats) I wouldn't care if republicans weren't our only hope. So after years of playing this stupid game, I will now simply send out a promenent middle finger while I wait for y'all to get the message. Yes I am aware that means a win for the commies. If only republicans realized that's unavoidable until you make young people and independent voters take you seriously. I too would always prefer to have an outspoken conservative running against the democrat. He or she has a huge challenge to overcome the personal destruction their opponent will unfurl. I agree though, that it CAN be done. Reagan's are VERY hard to find, and apparently don't come around very often.