PDA

View Full Version : We need a place to get breakfast in Campus Corner...

Fraggle145
10/31/2012, 09:59 AM
Specifically a breakfast taco shop or a greasy diner. They'd make a ****load late night if they chose to stay open. Wish I wouldnt have skipped breakfast this morning...

http://i.imgur.com/mVzwG.gif

yermom
10/31/2012, 11:25 AM
Fat Sandwich had great breakfast stuff that was like the only reason to go there.

a Diner - South would be interesting...

GottaHavePride
10/31/2012, 07:44 PM
They used to have a La Baguette there. Turned it into a damn antiques store.

yermom
10/31/2012, 08:10 PM
on the other hand, Crossroads ain't so bad in the Union

SanJoaquinSooner
10/31/2012, 08:57 PM
you should have frequented Town Tavern more often.

delhalew
10/31/2012, 09:23 PM
They used to have a La Baguette there. Turned it into a damn antiques store.
I worked at La Baguette. All three locations. Last I checked thev one on main was still there. Thatv was a nice thing to have on campus corner. Don't know why it went away. It was always packed in the mid nineties.

GottaHavePride
11/1/2012, 07:58 AM
Yeah, the one at 36 and Robinson is still there, too. That doesn't help Campus Corner, though. ;)

delhalew
11/1/2012, 08:05 AM
I was supposed to start training as a pastry chef at their bakery before I went "off the reservation".

I don't do regret, but that is a skill I would enjoy having.

sooneron
11/1/2012, 08:55 AM
Town Tavern was sort of a dump, but it was a great dump. I remember it as having more pub food than breakfast. Of course, I may be mistaken. That place was uber smoky. You'd walk out of there smelling like an ashtray. A diner type place would do well, as they could relieve the line issues at The Diner on Main.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/1/2012, 12:08 PM
Town Tavern was sort of a dump, but it was a great dump. I remember it as having more pub food than breakfast. Of course, I may be mistaken. That place was uber smoky. You'd walk out of there smelling like an ashtray. A diner type place would do well, as they could relieve the line issues at The Diner on Main.

When I was a kid, it was all the Sooner records from the Bud Wilkinson days painted on the walls of Town Tavern that made me come to understand the great history of our football team. All those perfect and near-perfect seasons. They did serve breakfast in the mornings.... not sure about all day though.

sooneron
11/1/2012, 01:48 PM
When I was a kid, it was all the Sooner records from the Bud Wilkinson days painted on the walls of Town Tavern that made me come to understand the great history of our football team. All those perfect and near-perfect seasons. They did serve breakfast in the mornings.... not sure about all day though.

The Mont acquired them and has been adding to them over the years since.

Fraggle145
11/2/2012, 01:55 PM
you should have frequented Town Tavern more often.

Before my time

usmc-sooner
11/7/2012, 07:04 PM
drive out to the airport. I think it's called Ozzies. Norman airport good breakfast