PDA

View Full Version : Not That Anybody Needed Any More Proof Of Liberal Media Bias But,

FaninAma
10/31/2012, 08:53 AM
The last story CNN has reported on the Benghazi scandal has a dateline of 10-26-2012 and that story was an article that took the Leon Penatta talking points at face value. So much for the claim that CNN is somehow the middle-of-the-road, most objective news network.

http://www.cnn.com/search/?query=benghazi&primaryType=mixed&sortBy=relevance&intl=false&x=22&y=12

Lets see how long the liberal press can sit on this sotry. Its like they don't even care how much damage they are doing to their own reputation.

LiveLaughLove
10/31/2012, 09:05 AM
The last story CNN has reported on the Benghazi scandal has a dateline of 10-26-2012 and that story was an article that took the Leon Penatta talking points at face value. So much for the claim that CNN is somehow the middle-of-the-road, most objective news network.

http://www.cnn.com/search/?query=benghazi&primaryType=mixed&sortBy=relevance&intl=false&x=22&y=12

Lets see how long the liberal press can sit on this sotry. Its like they don't even care how much damage they are doing to their own reputation.

Yeah, makes me chuckle when someone tries to insist CNN is middle of the road.

The media in this country is one of the biggest failures. Has been for many decades, but the Obama sycophants in the media have taken it to a new level.

pphilfran
10/31/2012, 10:17 AM
When compared to Fox and MSNBC they are middle of the road...

FaninAma
10/31/2012, 10:21 AM

Disagree. They are as far to the left as Fox is to the right. MSNBC is just out there in the ozone layer. They would have to have a rocket to get back anywhere close to the sphere of objectivity.

hawaii 5-0
10/31/2012, 10:37 AM

I'm with you Phil. With CNN there's at least some impartiality.

But I just heard they canned Anderson Cooper.

5-0

LiveLaughLove
10/31/2012, 11:02 AM
They may be in between those two, but they are in no way shape or form middle of the road.

If I say I-5 is far to the left, and I-95 is far to the right, I-35 would be middle of the road. I-15 is in between those two but still way out to the left. CNN is I-15.

In this example however, MSNBC would be Hawaii 11, CNN I-15, Fox would be I-65.

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/31/2012, 11:04 AM
so i'f i'm I-40, what does that make me?? lol. just kiddin'. i'm witchu

Skysooner
10/31/2012, 11:33 AM
They may be in between those two, but they are in no way shape or form middle of the road.

If I say I-5 is far to the left, and I-95 is far to the right, I-35 would be middle of the road. I-15 is in between those two but still way out to the left. CNN is I-15.

In this example however, MSNBC would be Hawaii 11, CNN I-15, Fox would be I-65.

It is all in perspective. For a left winger, CNN is going to be too biased the other way. For a right winger, they are those damn 'libs. For those of us somewhere in the center they are mostly reasonable for what our perspective is. I don't watch MSNBC, so no opinion there, but Fox is completely conservative biased to me anyway.

KABOOKIE
10/31/2012, 12:04 PM
Dudes gotta a campiagn to run.

diverdog
10/31/2012, 01:52 PM
What the righties don't get is that Fox is tabloid journalism. They are modeled on European/Aussie tabloid style news. They will beat a story to death. I don't care if it is Benghazi or Terry Schiavo or Natalie Holloway.

We use to have Fox on in my office until the reporting got out of hand. At one point they went on and on about semen stains in a murder victims clothes. There are times they are nothing more than sensationalist. The other outlets will do the same but not to the degree Fox does it.

The Benghazi story gets a lot of play on Fox because it drives ratings . Just because they give it a gazzillion hours of air time does not mean it is the most important story or that their information is accurate. It is all about the ratings.

okie52
10/31/2012, 02:04 PM
I'm with you Phil. With CNN there's at least some impartiality.

But I just heard they canned Anderson Cooper.

5-0

Because he's gay?

FaninAma
10/31/2012, 02:17 PM
What the righties don't get is that Fox is tabloid journalism. They are modeled on European/Aussie tabloid style news. They will beat a story to death. I don't care if it is Benghazi or Terry Schiavo or Natalie Holloway.

We use to have Fox on in my office until the reporting got out of hand. At one point they went on and on about semen stains in a murder victims clothes. There are times they are nothing more than sensationalist. The other outlets will do the same but not to the degree Fox does it.

The Benghazi story gets a lot of play on Fox because it drives ratings . Just because they give it a gazzillion hours of air time does not mean it is the most important story or that their information is accurate. It is all about the ratings.

Which parts of the Fox coverage of Benghazi do you disagree with? Oh that's right, there's no other information from the Obama administration or the other media outlets that would enable you to dispute what they are saying. They are the only ones trying to investigate this train wreck.

But you don't agree with what they have to say so that gives you a pass on just ignoring the whole situation. Ignore it and it will just go away.

FaninAma
10/31/2012, 02:22 PM
It is all in perspective. For a left winger, CNN is going to be too biased the other way. For a right winger, they are those damn 'libs. For those of us somewhere in the center they are mostly reasonable for what our perspective is. I don't watch MSNBC, so no opinion there, but Fox is completely conservative biased to me anyway.

So you consider yourself in the center? LOL.

LiveLaughLove
10/31/2012, 03:39 PM

Yeah that one gets me too.

Show me the next time CNN has a panel on to discuss something and the conservatives outnumber the liberals on the panel. I'll be waiting for that a very long time.

I'm sure the Mourdock story about babies from rape are God's blessing (ALL babies are a blessing from God) was a much more important story than Benghazi, because CNN spent around 50x more air on it than Benghazi.

Just some of that middle of the road stuff.

Soledad Obrien is middle of the road, right? Sure thing.

Skysooner
10/31/2012, 03:40 PM

Actually I do. The only place I'm liberal is social issues. I was a Reagan Republican. I'm for a balanced budget, reduced spending, personal responsibility, not for gun control, and for reduced regulation. I'm also for energy independence and not providing unnecessary subsidies to promote green energy. I also voted for Romney. I'm not sure you have read enough of my stuff.

FaninAma
10/31/2012, 04:50 PM
Actually I do. The only place I'm liberal is social issues. I was a Reagan Republican. I'm for a balanced budget, reduced spending, personal responsibility, not for gun control, and for reduced regulation. I'm also for energy independence and not providing unnecessary subsidies to promote green energy. I also voted for Romney. I'm not sure you have read enough of my stuff.

Well colored me suprised. I guess I misread your multiple posts that always seemd to be defending Obama. Welcome to the light.

Skysooner
10/31/2012, 04:57 PM
I just don't think some of the criticism is fair. He does nothing for my industry, and Romney is saying the right things about energy. If it had been Santorum I would have voted Obama. It all depended on who was nominated.

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2012, 06:13 PM

Ever watch Nancy Grace? What about Rachel Maddow? Ed Shultz? Chris Matthews?

Yeah, they all tend to stay on one subject for weeks and weeks as well. Hell, I think Maddow, Matthews, and Shultz are still blamining Bush for everything.

I liked Anderson Cooper and still like Bill O'Reilly.

hawaii 5-0
10/31/2012, 06:33 PM
Well colored me suprised. I guess I misread your multiple posts that always seemd to be defending Obama. Welcome to the light.

I often defend Obama. It isn't because I expecially support him. IMO he's the lesser of two evils. And one of them is an unknown evil.

I wish there were 2 better candidates, but there isn't.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
10/31/2012, 06:42 PM
IMO he's the lesser of two evils. And one of them is an unknown evil.He's the lesser of two, but one is unknown...that makes a lot of ****'n sense...Glad to know my vote will cancel out yours.

diverdog
10/31/2012, 06:48 PM

Yeah, they all tend to stay on one subject for weeks and weeks as well. Hell, I think Maddow, Matthews, and Shultz are still blamining Bush for everything.

I do not watch any of them. So you could be right. My only experience is with Fox.

cleller
10/31/2012, 07:01 PM

Not big on political news people. The only one of the bunch I feel might be alright is Anderson Cooper, but I don't watch him enough to be sure. He's the kind of guy that I feel has already sent his absentee ballot in for Obama, but might actually try to report on some of his skeletons in the closet.

There is a shameful lack of news reporters that will try to focus on the actual news. Chris Matthews is just ridiculous. Any network that would put him on the air without a disclaimer has no integrity. How did things get so bad?

I guess the liberal tilt started, then Fox tried to level things, and it all went to the feces pile.

hawaii 5-0
10/31/2012, 07:02 PM
He's the lesser of two, but one is unknown...that makes a lot of ****'n sense...Glad to know my vote will cancel out yours.

One is evil. One could be the Devil himself.

We know about one. The other? How can anyone know when he flips so often?

I gotta pocketfull of votes. Lotsa people couldn't decide so I voted for them.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
10/31/2012, 07:04 PM
Not big on political news people. The only one of the bunch I feel might be alright is Anderson Cooper, but I don't watch him enough to be sure. He's the kind of guy that I feel has already sent his absentee ballot in for Obama, but might actually try to report on some of his skeletons in the closet.

There is a shameful lack of news reporters that will try to focus on the actual news. Chris Matthews is just ridiculous. Any network that would put him on the air without a disclaimer has no integrity. How did things get so bad?

I guess the liberal tilt started, then Fox tried to level things, and it all went to the feces pile.

Things got really bad right before MSNBC dumped Keith Olbermann. Now it's just plain bad.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
10/31/2012, 07:10 PM
25 years ago we had
Ronald Reagan
Johnny Cash
and Bob Hope

Today we have Obama
No cash and No hope

(not mine, but cute)

5-0

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2012, 07:22 PM

I don't watch any of them except for Anderson Cooper and Bill O'Reilly.

As much as O'Reilly wants to believe he is a centrist, he is a right leaning moderate at best, and a heavy rightie at worst.

Anderson Cooper IMO, seems like a guy that votes open minded. He may be a democrat (IDK), but he does seem to at least try to be fair in his program.

He would have a panel of 4 sometimes on his show. And he would have 2 conservatives and 2 liberals. Or he would have two middle of the roads and one each con and lib.

O'Reilly isnt afraid to put a liberal on his show, but he rarely agrees with them. And he will rarely allow them to finish their statement just because he thinks they are spinning. A lot of times they are, but....

Anyway, those are the two I like to watch. The rest, can go to the wayside for all I care. Hannity is a bloviating turd! Matthews is a crying liberal wind bag. Same with Schultz and Maddow.

I do like John King in his political coverage though. Same with Brett Bair.

FaninAma
10/31/2012, 09:32 PM
The total avoidance of the Benghazi tragedy will be hung around the mainstream media's neck like an albatross.

sappstuf
11/1/2012, 06:06 AM

They must post on this board..

http://1389blog.com/pix/Bush_Fault.gif

diverdog
11/1/2012, 07:00 AM

All the TV shows are owned by big corporations. They are in it for the money...nothing else.

LiveLaughLove
11/1/2012, 12:43 PM
All the TV shows are owned by big corporations. They are in it for the money...nothing else.

And that has zilch to do with the content they put out.

First off, many many big corporations are owned by liberals. Its completely false to assume they are republican.

Secondly, the editors dictate content. Editors are journalists, journalists are overwhelmingly liberal.

Ty woods father has been interviewed by fox news but scarcely anyone else, why?

Is he not news worthy? The father of a slain former SEAL? Really? He isn't a relevant story?

I wonder.

Seems to me I recall during Bush's administration a mom of a slain soldier being upset with Bush. I remember the media, ALL of the media, following her every move. I remember them fawning over everything she did. Her name was Cindy Sheehan.

What's the difference in those two stories? Two parents of slain soldiers, both upset with the policies of a president. Why did one make national headlines for months and the other is relegated to fox news?

I think we know the answer to that.

Here's a kicker. Cindy Sheehan has still been picketing Obama, but the press coverage is strangely absent these days. Interesting, huh.