PDA

View Full Version : Disney Buys Lucasfilm

Wishboned
10/30/2012, 04:06 PM
A $4 billion dollar acquisition.

Episode 7 has a release date of 2015.

Disney now owns ABC, Marvel, Pixar, and Lucasfilm. They are the Empire.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-disney-lucasfilm-20121030,0,3821750.story

badger
10/30/2012, 04:16 PM
Yeah, eventually we are all going to work for either News Corp or Disney.

For those that worry that Disney will ruin their beloved Star Wars, Avengers movie did not suck and that was Disney's doing

Wishboned
10/30/2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah, eventually we are all going to work for either News Corp or Disney.

For those that worry that Disney will ruin their beloved Star Wars, Avengers movie did not suck and that was Disney's doing

I'm not worried. I'm excited. This might bring about the live action series they've talked about for years.

Mjcpr
10/30/2012, 04:23 PM
I'm not worried. I'm excited. This might bring about the live action series they've talked about for years.

You should check out Turtle Man if live action is what you're after.

ouleaf
10/30/2012, 04:25 PM
Impressive payday for Mr. Lucas

yermom
10/30/2012, 04:30 PM
the Star Wars franchise has let me down so much in recent memory that i can only imagine this is a good move

any speculation on what ep. 7-9 will be? Zahn Trilogy?

Wishboned
10/30/2012, 05:17 PM
the Star Wars franchise has let me down so much in recent memory that i can only imagine this is a good move

So far they've only announced plans for an episode 7. I have no doubts there will be another trilogy, but I think they'll stay away from any previously published works. Just my opinion though.

The best part of this is Lucas can't go back now and make any more changes. And I'm hoping it means Disney will someday release the original "as they were released in theaters" versions on blu ray.

GottaHavePride
10/30/2012, 08:08 PM
The more I think about this the more I think it might be OK. Zahn trilogy is easily the best of the books, but I can't see them making those into movies.

yermom
10/30/2012, 08:17 PM
they probably need to abandon a lot of the old characters, or make them realistic ages.

recasting Luke, et al would be pretty lame

StoopTroup
10/30/2012, 08:30 PM

Everybody loves "LIVE ACTION!" :D

http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-EP01469437/call-of-the-wildman-ernie-brown-jr-1.jpg

Pricetag
11/1/2012, 09:57 AM
George Lucas has at least given lip service in the past to the fact that he had ideas for the third trilogy.

Having watched the prequels, I love the idea that someone will be able to check George Lucas on some of his bad ideas, but I've already seen commercials on the Disney Channel that C-3PO, R2-D2, and stormtroopers are going to appear in the next episode of "A.N.T. Farm," one of their crappier sitcoms. Vurp!

Wishboned
11/1/2012, 03:09 PM
Lucas is planning on putting most of the money he made on this sale into his charitable foundations.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/10/star-wars-disney-money-to-go-to-george-lucas-charity.html

Pricetag
11/2/2012, 11:18 PM
We went and saw Wreck-It Ralph tonight, and there's a scene where Ralph is breathing through a straw while submerged in a lake of some kind of goop in the "Sugar Rush" game, and they used Vader's breathing sound for it.