PDA

View Full Version : Head ref McGinn does Irish spring games, then travels to do their road games?

OkieThunderLion
10/30/2012, 10:14 AM
Seems like a potential conflict of interest.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nd/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2011-12/box_score/stats_20120421aaa.pdf

Officials: Referee: Jerry McGinn; Umpire: Mark Pellis; Linesman: Chuck Rice;
Line judge: Lyndell Shelton; Back judge: Jonah Monroe; Field judge: Dan Gallagher;
Side judge: James Brennan; Scorer: Kevin Barry

sooneron
10/30/2012, 10:22 AM
When I saw big Least refs, I was wary. I don't care if the irish are sorta part of their league, there should have been refs from another conference calling the game.

jkjsooner
10/30/2012, 10:23 AM
When I saw big Least refs, I was wary. I don't care if the irish are sorta part of their league, there should have been refs from another conference calling the game.

Won't we have Big 12 officials when we go to South Bend?

Mjcpr
10/30/2012, 10:25 AM

Yep.

OkieThunderLion
10/30/2012, 10:29 AM
Field judge: Dan Gallagher

This guy also was in Norman for the game.

SoonerMarkVA
10/30/2012, 10:46 AM

That would be good news -- if we were ut.

Curly Bill
10/30/2012, 10:47 AM
That would be good news -- if we were ut.

That's the thought I had!

thecrimsoncrusader
10/30/2012, 10:48 AM
Correction made to the officials:

Officials: Referee: Jerry McGinn; Umpire: Mark McPellis; Linesman: Chuck McRice;

Line judge: Lyndell McShelton; Back judge: Jonah McMonroe; Field judge: Dan McGallagher;

Side judge: James McBrennan; Scorer: Kevin McBarry

OkieThunderLion
10/30/2012, 11:03 AM
Correction made to the officials:

Officials: Referee: Jerry McGinn; Umpire: Mark McPellis; Linesman: Chuck McRice;

Line judge: Lyndell McShelton; Back judge: Jonah McMonroe; Field judge: Dan McGallagher;

Side judge: James McBrennan; Scorer: Kevin McBarry

lol!

Did you see the names of the refs in Norman? It was pretty funny.

"Lenn Robbins of the New York Post noted during the game on Twitter that you knew it was going to be Notre Dame's night because the field judge was named McGinn, the umpire was Feeney, the head linesman was McGrath and the field judge was Gallagher."

picasso
11/1/2012, 01:20 PM
So, which one of those bastards called the 5 yard penalty on ND?

Flagstaffsooner
11/1/2012, 04:34 PM
At least they didn't have the two gay irishmen, Henry Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzhenry doing the game, we would have got it in our behinds. ;)