PDA

View Full Version : Let's hate on Ohio

badger
10/30/2012, 09:54 AM
http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/152/2012/10/29/121366_600.jpg

1- You are in the rust belt and rust is a bad thing!
2- Your population is in decline for a reason... because the south is warmer and has less snow!
3- Congrats on your undefeated Ohio State Buckeye. Too bad you're ineligible to win ANYthing this season, including a bowl BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sweater vest!!!!!!
4- The Drew Carey show is now the Price is Right. And that's not even based in Ohio! Pbbbbbth
5- When was the last time the state of Ohio had ANY winning sports team? Before LeBron took his talents to South Beach? In the movie Major League (which was filmed at Milwaukee County Stadium)? Before you all decided to draft an OLD MAN POKE as your Browns quarterback?!?!?! Well, at least you have the Bengals to fall back on :D

In conclusion, **** you, Ohio, you deciding swing state, you. Whatever the outcome of the election, we are blaming YOU more than any Republicans ever blamed Obama or Democrats blamed Bush afterwards.

**** you Ohio. **** you, **** you **** you

PS: More anti-Ohio cartoons here (http://www.cagle.com/news/ohio-voters/)

TitoMorelli
10/30/2012, 10:03 AM
http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/152/2012/10/29/121366_600.jpg

1- You are in the rust belt and rust is a bad thing!
2- Your population is in decline for a reason... because the south is warmer and has less snow!
3- Congrats on your undefeated Ohio State Buckeye. Too bad you're ineligible to win ANYthing this season, including a bowl BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sweater vest!!!!!!
4- The Drew Carey show is now the Price is Right. And that's not even based in Ohio! Pbbbbbth
5- When was the last time the state of Ohio had ANY winning sports team? Before LeBron took his talents to South Beach? In the movie Major League (which was filmed at Milwaukee County Stadium)? Before you all decided to draft an OLD MAN POKE as your Browns quarterback?!?!?! Well, at least you have the Bengals to fall back on :D

In conclusion, **** you, Ohio, you deciding swing state, you. Whatever the outcome of the election, we are blaming YOU more than any Republicans ever blamed Obama or Democrats blamed Bush afterwards.

**** you Ohio. **** you, **** you **** you

PS: More anti-Ohio cartoons here (http://www.cagle.com/news/ohio-voters/)

What a sorry excuse for a cartoon. Oklahoma should ALWAYS be depicted as being on top of Tex-***.

badger
10/30/2012, 12:02 PM
I have been through Ohio ONCE. I was in kindergarten. Do you know what I remember?

TOLL ROADS.

Mind you, these weren't drive-to-OKC-or-Tulsa-and-back tolls that served a purpose. There were ****ing toll roads EVERYwhere with 30 cents here, a few dollars there, toll toll toll. Stop stop stop. Pay pay pay.

No other state during our drive from Wisconsin to Delaware had tolls. ONLY OHIO.

**** Ohio.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/30/2012, 12:38 PM
Ohio is a gorgeous state once you get out and away from the cities and EVEN THEN, Lake Erie's not burning any more. Many cities have worked hard to rebuild and beautify and the results are showing.

And the LAST thing we need to do as Okies is ****** on a state for toll roads.

badger
10/30/2012, 01:07 PM
:mad: you all are no fun.

ouwasp
10/30/2012, 01:13 PM
I once dated a nice looking girl from OH. Driven through it a couple times, I'm okay with the state right now... but we'll see how I really feel about that place a week from Wednesday...

NormanPride
10/30/2012, 04:31 PM
http://memearchive.net/memerial.net/540/welcome-to-ohio.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
10/31/2012, 09:41 AM
I tired of all these damn Ohioans down here. Go back and be unemployed with all the rest of the folks in your state!

Mississippi Sooner
10/31/2012, 11:56 AM
I once spent a freaky weekend in Ohio. I had to layover in some little town near the Ohio River near West Virginia. I found what looked like a clean little motel, but I started to get an eerie feeling as soon as I checked in. The woman behind the counter wasn't really unfriendly, but she had a thicker mustache than I did, and she took the time to spit into an old Folger's coffee can several times while I was checking in. Oh well, I thought, I was near Appalachia, after all, and I should expect the local people to be kinda folksy.

So, I went and threw my stuff in my room and took a walk across the road to the convenience store to grab some beer. The Sooners were playing on Fox Sports Net that afternoon, and since this was during the Boo Blake years, I figured I'd need a couple of cases to get me through the game. That's when bad sign number two hit me in the face. Upon entering the store, I was informed I was in a dry county and there was no beer to be had. However, the emaciated looking chick behind the counter told me in a hoarse whisper, there was a bootlegger that could hook me up if he could be found. She offered to make a few calls on my behalf, "if I would be willing to share, and, you know, I was even welcome to come over to her place because her brothers usually built a big fire and partied down on Saturday night."

The life of an over the road trucker can be lonely sometimes, and it can be tempting to welcome questionable company every now and then, but by now I was starting to hear the sound of far off banjos. I thanked her for the offer, and then nearly tripped over myself getting out of there and back across the road. I was actually paranoid for a minute about going into my room because I was pretty sure she had a clear view from her place behind the counter across the street. I was suddenly pretty sure there would be a knock on my door later in the night, and Clem and Cletus would drag me off and teach me a lesson for disrespecting their sister.

Actually, I was now seriously thinking about just cutting my losses on the cost of the room and going on down the road. But, the game was about to start, and beer or no beer, I wouldn't miss a Sooner game even in the dark times. And this was when the straw broke the camel's back. Upon turning on the 19" tv with the cracked black case, I discovered that they didn't even have cable. There were two channels available. One was one of those local stations that seems to show nothing but old movies and infomercials, and the other was a religious channel. By religious, I mean folks who were dancing, and speaking in tongues, and playing with snakes.

That did it. I hopped in my truck and didn't look back. I headed on over into West Virginia where people were more civilized.

Ohio may have produced five presidents and be the home of Columbus and Cincinnati and Cleveland. It may have given us the Wright Brothers and the Jeep. But to me, it'll always be that place where a Saturday afternoon's entertainment is watching people dancing around with snakes on the tv.

cleller
10/31/2012, 04:52 PM
Other than the Stoops clan, Ohio folks are kinda strange. I've met a few people from there, all nice enough, but their minds are like the early CFL light bulbs. Slow to warm up.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/1/2012, 08:29 AM
2 words - Cleveland Browns!

XingTheRubicon
11/1/2012, 08:35 AM
I once spent a freaky weekend in Ohio. I had to layover in some little town near the Ohio River near West Virginia. I found what looked like a clean little motel, but I started to get an eerie feeling as soon as I checked in. The woman behind the counter wasn't really unfriendly, but she had a thicker mustache than I did, and she took the time to spit into an old Folger's coffee can several times while I was checking in. Oh well, I thought, I was near Appalachia, after all, and I should expect the local people to be kinda folksy.

So, I went and threw my stuff in my room and took a walk across the road to the convenience store to grab some beer. The Sooners were playing on Fox Sports Net that afternoon, and since this was during the Boo Blake years, I figured I'd need a couple of cases to get me through the game. That's when bad sign number two hit me in the face. Upon entering the store, I was informed I was in a dry county and there was no beer to be had. However, the emaciated looking chick behind the counter told me in a hoarse whisper, there was a bootlegger that could hook me up if he could be found. She offered to make a few calls on my behalf, "if I would be willing to share, and, you know, I was even welcome to come over to her place because her brothers usually built a big fire and partied down on Saturday night."

The life of an over the road trucker can be lonely sometimes, and it can be tempting to welcome questionable company every now and then, but by now I was starting to hear the sound of far off banjos. I thanked her for the offer, and then nearly tripped over myself getting out of there and back across the road. I was actually paranoid for a minute about going into my room because I was pretty sure she had a clear view from her place behind the counter across the street. I was suddenly pretty sure there would be a knock on my door later in the night, and Clem and Cletus would drag me off and teach me a lesson for disrespecting their sister.

Actually, I was now seriously thinking about just cutting my losses on the cost of the room and going on down the road. But, the game was about to start, and beer or no beer, I wouldn't miss a Sooner game even in the dark times. And this was when the straw broke the camel's back. Upon turning on the 19" tv with the cracked black case, I discovered that they didn't even have cable. There were two channels available. One was one of those local stations that seems to show nothing but old movies and infomercials, and the other was a religious channel. By religious, I mean folks who were dancing, and speaking in tongues, and playing with snakes.

That did it. I hopped in my truck and didn't look back. I headed on over into West Virginia where people were more civilized.

Ohio may have produced five presidents and be the home of Columbus and Cincinnati and Cleveland. It may have given us the Wright Brothers and the Jeep. But to me, it'll always be that place where a Saturday afternoon's entertainment is watching people dancing around with snakes on the tv.

Greatness.

I don't know if you ever found this out, but my experience with West Virginia was similar to yours in OH.

If you're not in a MAJOR city, get ready for some live bait and coonskin caps. I'm dead serious. Mountain Folk.

Mississippi Sooner
11/1/2012, 09:07 AM
Greatness.

I don't know if you ever found this out, but my experience with West Virginia was similar to yours in OH.

If you're not in a MAJOR city, get ready for some live bait and coonskin caps. I'm dead serious. Mountain Folk.

That's really the funniest part of it. I went into West Virginia to find civilization. Again, I don't even remember the name of it, but there was a decent sized town just across the river. Over by the stockyards was a little combination truck stop, motel/restaurant and adult book store. Sounds like a whole nother story right there, huh? Well, I never did see the Sooner game that day, but just watching the characters moving around in that place was all the entertainment I could ask for. And it sure beat whatever that was on tv back in Sticksville, Ohio.

C&CDean
11/1/2012, 09:15 AM
Been there a bunch. Any state that has a city that proclaims their poor excuse for Alpo as "the best chili in the world" is a ****hole in my book.

Besides, the Reds play there and everybody knows they suck balls. The Browns? I just feel sorry for them. The Indians? Irrelevant. The Bengholes? WGAS? They wear the stupidest looking unis in pro ball. The Cavs? BWAHHAHAAA1!!1!

And another thing. They go to great pains to make fun of the fine folk over in Kentucky across the river. Call them hillbillies. Pot? Kettle?

badger
11/1/2012, 10:48 AM
To anyone wondering why the B1G conference is losing its relevancy in football:
http://media.nj.com/ledgerupdates_impact/photo/9140236-large.jpg
^^^why the rust belt is also losing its political clout^^^

nyah nyah ineligi-BOWL tOSU :P

seriously, who has to put THE in front of their OSU to make sure that nobody knows that you're talking about oregon or oklahoma? losers.

hawaii 5-0
11/1/2012, 11:48 AM
It's tough being a Browns fan.

1st McCoy, now Weeden.

Someday in the far distant future they'll make their comeback.

5-0

Bourbon St Sooner
11/1/2012, 01:19 PM
Next year the Browns will draft Joe Montana. **** yeah! They'll show you then!

FaninAma
11/1/2012, 01:47 PM
The only good thing ever associated with Ohio was Johnny Bench when he played for Cincinnati.

C&CDean
11/1/2012, 04:07 PM
The only good thing ever associated with Ohio was Johnny Bench when he played for Cincinnati.

And in reality, Cincy is on the river with Kentucky. Hell, the Cincy airport is in Kentucky. I'll bet money Bench lived in Kentucky.

C&CDean
11/1/2012, 04:08 PM
It's tough being a Browns fan.

1st McCoy, now Weeden.

Someday in the far distant future they'll make their comeback.

5-0

You're a Brownie fan? Now I'm beginning to see why you're clueless - politically speaking of course.

StoopTroup
11/1/2012, 04:45 PM
What are the best NFL Teams? You know.....Politically?