PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame

I Am Right
10/29/2012, 06:29 PM
Ok, over the loss, question, did anyone have any problems with ND fans. Just wondering. had ND fans to our left and right, and they both weighed 1,000 lbs.

BoulderSooner79
10/29/2012, 07:09 PM
Ok, over the loss, question, did anyone have any problems with ND fans. Just wondering. had ND fans to our left and right, and they both weighed 1,000 lbs.

Must have been relatives of their nose guard.

BajaOklahoma
10/29/2012, 07:32 PM
The drunk guy behind me and one sit to my right was obnoxious. Enough that the guy behind me and I plotted to knock him out (even I would have been to - he was that drunk) and see if we could pass him to the top of the stadium and drop him off. He would have survived because drunks always do.

I just loved the guy who said that ND is back. My response was "nope, one great year doesn't mean you are back (see OSU). Two great years means you are back."

soonerboy_odanorth
10/30/2012, 12:20 AM
No problem whatsoever. Had conversations with a couple and they were nice guys. And, I really didn't see anyone behaving inappropriately towards ND fans either, as I expected. I'm sure Boren is patting himself on the back. Still ticked about that BS letter he put out.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/30/2012, 09:04 AM
I had no problems at all, they were all great. I also went to the game in South Bend in 1999 and they were amazing up there as well. They let us cut the line to go in to the Gold Dome since we had our OU gear on. I am not a ND fan, but they truly have some of the classiest fans in college football. No matter the outcome, I can't wait to go to South Bend next year as well!

cleller
10/30/2012, 09:13 AM
Nah, they were no trouble. Annoying to hear them cheer when something bad happened though. What are they, dumb?

FaninAma
10/30/2012, 09:17 AM
Most of them were nice. I told the ND fan behind me to quit using the F-bomb in front of my 11 year old and he did.

jkjsooner
10/30/2012, 10:28 AM
they truly have some of the classiest fans in college football. No matter the outcome, I can't wait to go to South Bend next year as well!

That may be true about the actual ND fans who know that Notre Dame is in Indiana and have actually been to South Bend a time or two in their lives.

For every one of them there's a handful of NYC or Boston types who don't give a flip about college football but will claim Notre Dame as their team because they're either Irish or Catholic and every ten or so years when Notre Dame is relevant they'll talk smack. Some of those guys are just annoying.

I felt that the ND fans at the airport walked around with smug grins but that probably says more about me than them.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/30/2012, 01:23 PM
That may be true about the actual ND fans who know that Notre Dame is in Indiana and have actually been to South Bend a time or two in their lives.

For every one of them there's a handful of NYC or Boston types who don't give a flip about college football but will claim Notre Dame as their team because they're either Irish or Catholic and every ten or so years when Notre Dame is relevant they'll talk smack. Some of those guys are just annoying.

I felt that the ND fans at the airport walked around with smug grins but that probably says more about me than them.

That is true as well, every fanbase has their own idiots, but I look at them as a whole and usually if I have been to one of their games as an opposing fan, how I was treated there. There are a few OU fans I sit around I would love to taser, so there are those people everywhere.

ND Tex
10/30/2012, 02:25 PM
Btw some friends of mine (ND fans) went to the game and said that every OU person they met was very cordial and friendly, even afterward. Kudos to y'all.

oudanny
10/30/2012, 03:01 PM
No problems at all. We had a good time with some ND fans at Toby Keith's restaurant Friday night.

SOONERMANN13
10/31/2012, 09:41 AM
we were surrounded by them, they like to run their mouth, they were fully convinced that with a win they would catapult to #1 in the BCS and anything besides that is downright unfair and some were just a tad naive. one thing i will say though, they do believe in their team (except for Tommy rees)!

Tear Down This Wall
10/31/2012, 10:40 AM
I didn't have any problem with them, other than them shouting, "Go, Irish!" But, alas, I guess that was to be expected.

My problem was, having been in the same seats for 18 years, was knowing which of my season ticket neighbors had sold their tickets to Notre Dame fans instead of Sooner fans. Disappointing.

I understand wanting to cash in (sort of, but not really), but...you're making money one way or the other. Why stick us with opposing teams' fans? This has happened a couple of times with K-State games as well. My season ticket neighbors are not choosy enough in whose money they take.

nativesooner
11/1/2012, 03:19 PM
I understand wanting to cash in (sort of, but not really), but...you're making money one way or the other.

I know a reason why they did...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/nativesooner/10s.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/nativesooner/100s.jpg

I felt bad (not real bad, but kinda) for selling my pair for $400 to a couple of Sooner fans. At the KU game I told the lady that's sat next to me for the last 12 years that I sold them. She said "Oh no worries, we sold our pair for $850!" EIGHT FREAKIN FIFTY!?!?!? Then I felt bad again. lol!

nativesooner
11/1/2012, 03:24 PM
Oh and to stay on topic... I had no problem whatsoever with ND fans. In fact, we were invited to have a few bottles of Guinness with one group and offered some shots of Jager from another. They were all pretty friendly to us, and I didn't even have a hot chick with me! haha!

Flagstaffsooner
11/1/2012, 03:38 PM
Had had a problem with one nd fan on TV, Lou Holtz.

flysooner9
11/1/2012, 04:09 PM
did anyone else think them mocking us doing the "whoa" chant at the end of the game was a bit tasteless?

kevpks
11/1/2012, 04:21 PM
I know a reason why they did...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/nativesooner/10s.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/nativesooner/100s.jpg

I felt bad (not real bad, but kinda) for selling my pair for $400 to a couple of Sooner fans. At the KU game I told the lady that's sat next to me for the last 12 years that I sold them. She said "Oh no worries, we sold our pair for $850!" EIGHT FREAKIN FIFTY!?!?!? Then I felt bad again. lol!

LOL. It's all about the Hamiltons, baby!