PDA

View Full Version : Bricktown Brewery

TUSooner
10/29/2012, 03:45 PM
Went there Sunday, and I drank a fair sampling. Now, I'm not trying to knock the place, because just about any brewpub is better than none, and they all need to be encouraged. And it's a nice looking place. But what's the deal? While the house beer tasted fresh, it was watery and weak. One or two of them had a bit of hoppiness (my least favorite aspect of beer) but overall they were exceptionally weak in taste and in body and in effect as well. Are they prevented by law from making full-blown ale and beer? I'd go back, I suppose. But come on, man. You gotta do better than that!

delhalew
10/29/2012, 10:30 PM
I don't recall the beer there ever being particularly good. I wish they had more competition.

I don't think we have a low limit on brew pubs like Utah does. 3.2. Even so, you make a damn tasty low gravity beer if you are committed.

yermom
10/29/2012, 10:33 PM
never been too impressed with that place

StoopTroup
10/30/2012, 03:23 PM
never been too impressed with that place

I'm with you. For me it was the place you went if the other places were real busy and you didn't have time to wait.

delhalew
10/30/2012, 04:32 PM
I had a great time watching Rev Horton Heat and Splitlip Rayfield there about seven years ago.

MamaMia
10/30/2012, 05:52 PM
I tried their beer once. That was enough. It tasted really bitter and weak.

OUmillenium
10/31/2012, 11:05 PM
I saw Del Amitri there about 18 years ago...and Ryan Minor.

GottaHavePride
11/1/2012, 07:56 AM
Everything you mentioned is down to the brewmaster's recipe design. Either he's not very good at it, or he IS good at it and is brewing what sells to their clientele.