PDA

View Full Version : "All Dressed up and nowhere to go"..........

En_Fuego
10/29/2012, 02:31 PM
Well the crowd on TV looked halfway decent......You could very well see people just sitting there...(Kinda Cold, I guess).......To me this was just a typical game post 2004. We have stars......We have great players.....And then.....not so much. I think this time I was more pissed at the fans than I was certain players. It wasn't Landry's fault whatsoever....It's just really get's to me that the crowd..........For the most part.......Was dead and thought they were attending some reality TV love fest. If you're going to dress the part then play the part..............

I can see us winning out......BOOMER SOONER

But "The Swamp" is very impressive..........I'm sure Bob remembers those days also.....and very often !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

landrun
10/29/2012, 05:47 PM
... But "The Swamp" is very impressive..........I'm sure Bob remembers those days also.....and very often !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Sooner fans remember when we won National Championships ... without Bob .... very often.

En_Fuego
10/29/2012, 06:56 PM
And Sooner fans remember when we won National Championships ... without Bob .... very often.

My Point....landrun.

I guess image is everything................right ?

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt240/rock2do/switzerclass.jpg

En_Fuego
10/29/2012, 07:04 PM
I think OU is now on the "Don't Watch" TV list unless you're going to bet against them on a top 25 game. This all started back in the Feista Bowl ala Boise St.....................Never been the same since................seriously !

En_Fuego
10/29/2012, 07:05 PM
And what is really amusing is that some of you retarts want to play them again ...................My have the mighty fallen.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/30/2012, 12:36 AM
Well, I was there and I disagree. The wind didn't truly get sucked out of the stadium until ND kicked the field goal to put them up 23 -13. And even then only a trickle of people started to leave. Most everyone stayed 'til the final gun, for one thing.

But otherwise, the place was rocking through the first quarter and most of the first half. But it was growing increasingly frustrated, particularly with the game plan that was insisting on run after run between the tackles. And you could hear the crowd giving a collective WTF. But when we were on defense, trust me, the crowd got after it, and was making communication next to impossible for ND. But it was equally clear that ND was very well prepared for it. And I'll tell you the TV timeouts really bailed ND out a couple of times giving them the chance to regroup and convert 3rd downs.

And when we converted that touchdown to tie it up, the place erupted and was rocking again... right up to the 50-yard dagger. And then, yeah, everyone was more holding their breath than getting into it.

It wasn't 2000 NU and it wasn't 2008 TT, but it was better than pretty much any other game in a long time. I'd put it on par with the '03 "Let'er rip!" oSu game.

Chuck Bao
10/30/2012, 01:54 AM
Well, I was there and I disagree. The wind didn't truly get sucked out of the stadium until ND kicked the field goal to put them up 23 -13. And even then only a trickle of people started to leave. Most everyone stayed 'til the final gun, for one thing.

But otherwise, the place was rocking through the first quarter and most of the first half. But it was growing increasingly frustrated, particularly with the game plan that was insisting on run after run between the tackles. And you could hear the crowd giving a collective WTF. But when we were on defense, trust me, the crowd got after it, and was making communication next to impossible for ND. But it was equally clear that ND was very well prepared for it. And I'll tell you the TV timeouts really bailed ND out a couple of times giving them the chance to regroup and convert 3rd downs.

And when we converted that touchdown to tie it up, the place erupted and was rocking again... right up to the 50-yard dagger. And then, yeah, everyone was more holding their breath than getting into it.

It wasn't 2000 NU and it wasn't 2008 TT, but it was better than pretty much any other game in a long time. I'd put it on par with the '03 "Let'er rip!" oSu game.

^^^This.

I yelled myself hoarse every damn time OU was on defense (1st, 2nd and 3rd downs), as did everyone around me. I think that is all we can do. Oh, we can chant OOO-UUU and dance and jump around and wave our towels to piped music during the TV timeouts, but I'm uncertain how that helps.

Sidenote: Girl in front of me high on something, please try to listen when everyone around you tells you to stop leaning over the railing and standing on your seat and leaning over the railing. You are a dumbass but the person who you'd land on down below if you fell does not deserve to die as well.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/30/2012, 06:08 AM
And what is really amusing is that some of you retarts want to play them again ...................My have the mighty fallen.

You would make an awesome Poke fan! You could relocate.