PDA

View Full Version : Just how spoiled are/should we be?

SoonerGOP
10/28/2012, 11:15 PM
I remember very well the days when we were sick of Gary Gibbs and then endured the Howard Schnellencluster year and John Blake eternity. We got an attitude adjustment that Gary's years weren't THAT bad. Just not good enough for us.

So we hire Bob and in comes "the RiverBoat Gambler" and "Big Game Bob" who didn't have the same talent as the teams who were filled with better recruits. But he had guts to lay it on the line and go for things that we don't do anymore. No more trick plays to keep the other side guessing. When was the last time we had a fake punt that we throttled down someone's throat like we did against A&M in 1999? When was the last fake Field Goal? When was the last time we pulled a weird *** Mike Leach formation just to mess with them?

I understand that we don't have to do that anymore because we are loaded with talent and aren't supposed to have to be risky to win. But that spirit should still be present, right?

I don't think we have that same go for broke attitude anymore. We are playing very conservatively these days IMHO.

But how spoiled should we be? This is a team that:

1. won a BCS bowl and a Big XII championship 2 seasons ago
2. got to, but lost in the National Champ game just 4 seasons ago
3. last won a national title in 2000.

I just don't see us getting another one before Notre Dame and Bama add their 9th and 10th championships.

Just like you, I'm frustrated beyond belief. So are we expecting too much and should we be happy with this team if it finishes 11-2, wins its bowl game and finishes in the Top 10 at the end of the year?