PDA

View Full Version : We won't lose again.

8timechamps
10/28/2012, 10:30 PM
I don't see anyone left on our schedule that can beat us (assuming we don't pull a KSU performance). Wouldn't it be strange if the two teams we lost to finish undefeated? It's very possible that will happen. We're Oklahoma, so we don't do "moral victories", but if you have to lose a couple, I'd much rather it be to good teams, in close games, than the way we lost last year.

Anyway, we certainly won't see a defense like we did against ND the rest of the way, so I'm expecting to win out. Would that be enough to get a BCS bid? We'll need some help, but it's not out of the question. We got some respect from the coaches poll, and fell to #12, so a top 10 finish is very likely. We still have some good teams left on the schedule, but I don't think any are good enough to beat the Sooners.

On a side note, how did Oregon State stay ahead of the Sooners in the BCS? They lost to an un-ranked Washington team. I get that they only have one loss, but it was to an un-ranked team. Dumbfounded.

JLEW1818
10/28/2012, 10:40 PM
If we win out, we get a BCS At Large. I'll take that. Just please not fiesta. I'd rather to play LSU in the cotton.

8timechamps
10/28/2012, 10:42 PM
If we win out, we get a BCS At Large. I'll take that. Just please not fiesta. I'd rather to play LSU in the cotton.

I'm with you, I'd rather not go back to Arizona.

I'm not trying to pump sunshine, but I really don't think we lose again.

aero
10/28/2012, 10:44 PM
This team us absolutely capable. they may have a few weaknesses but still a good team. We had a bad game against KSU and gave them some easy points (good defenses tend to do that to you) but that game very well could have been a win. ND beat us. Yes, we got the short end of some calls but we didn't perform well enough to win. But the sky isn't falling. Winning out would be wonderful.

VA Sooner
10/28/2012, 11:14 PM
We won't lose again and the way the BCS shakes out, good chance that K State goes to the national championship and we go to Fiesta.

And looking at the at-large teams available... most likely play Boise State again.

Boomer.....
10/29/2012, 07:45 AM
I hope you're right, but I see one more slip-up probably on the road.

SOONERMANN13
10/29/2012, 08:00 AM
I agree. i don't see another team on the schedule who has a true dual threat that can give us problems. i believe we'll be focused and ready for every game and a BCS bowl is great. The Sugar would be nice, but that's only because it's not far from where i live :)

badger
10/29/2012, 08:08 AM
That's the spirit.
http://infinitemonkeyz.co.uk/comics/2011-07-16-dead-pan.jpg

sendbaht
10/29/2012, 08:21 AM
I do not see anymore slips...We win out!!!!! Last week was so sad, it hurt us all.....we will win out, we will win out!!!

I'll take a BCS game anywhere over the cotton...but that is me...

sendbaht
10/29/2012, 08:23 AM
We won't lose again and the way the BCS shakes out, good chance that K State goes to the national championship and we go to Fiesta.

And looking at the at-large teams available... most likely play Boise State again.

I would LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevpks
10/29/2012, 09:45 AM
Well we have definitely already played the best defenses on our schedule. Some of them (WV and Baylor) are historically bad.

Some fans seem to want to link our losses this year to the problems of last year, but I see a much improved team overall. The defense lacks playmakers at times in the front seven, but they are fundamentally sound. The secondary has some all-conference and potential all-American players. The receiving corps is approaching elite status. The running game is inconsistent but improved from last year. Special teams have been great. Is this season going to feed the monster? No. However, we have some exciting football ahead of us this year and a lot to look forward to in years to come.

BoulderSooner79
10/29/2012, 10:26 AM
We are certainly better than the remaining teams on the schedule, barring injury. The coaches do have a challenge of keeping the players focused and hungry now that any championships are unlikely.

VA Sooner
10/29/2012, 10:32 AM
Good defensive turn around compared to last year. The secondary is playing much better and having to cover more so after losing all-world Gerald McCoy and two fantastic defensive ends. We know what we need for next year... DTs and DEs, and they are hard to come by.

O-line has been hit with multiple injuries so I thought the line did pretty well in pass protection. Just couldn't stuff the big Notre Dame D-line to open up gaps for our running game. The fact that we have to convert tight ends to O-linemen was a sign that the line was going to have problems... just didn't have the personnel to take on Notre Dame's tough front 7.

Time to learn and move on. Iowa State next...