PDA

View Full Version : So...we'll just never blitz schools with running QBs ever again?

Tear Down This Wall
10/28/2012, 10:19 PM
Seems like a pattern. Why hassle a kid having a great day against us? Mighty nice of Mike.

8timechamps
10/28/2012, 10:24 PM
Honestly, I don't blame him. I think he wanted to take his chances with forcing the kid to throw. Who knew he was going to be so solid?! We haven't heard the last of Golson, and I am already worried about the return trip to South Bend.

I thought the defense played good most of the night, but when you're on the field as much as they were, you're bound to give up a play here and there. We usually the ones wearing out the opposing defense, it happened to us yesterday.

aero
10/28/2012, 10:25 PM
It seemed like we threw a few at them but they picked them up really well. I think that says a lot about our down linemen. it would be nice to have one or two that took more than one blocker to handle him.

8timechamps
10/28/2012, 10:38 PM
It seemed like we threw a few at them but they picked them up really well. I think that says a lot about our down linemen. it would be nice to have one or two that took more than one blocker to handle him.

I think we've known for a while now that we aren't particularly strong on the line. As ND showed last night, a really good D-line can control a game. I think we're solid up front, but not great. ND also threw a bunch of blitzes in there. They called a great game. Sadly.