PDA

View Full Version : so we have lost to the #2 and #3 teams in the nation.

JLEW1818
10/28/2012, 09:20 PM
yep

MyT Oklahoma
10/28/2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah and at home no less. Who would have thought, huh?

Tear Down This Wall
10/28/2012, 09:43 PM
This is a good attitude. I mean, you have to accept that Stoops is not capable of winning big games with regularity anymore.

Oh, yeah...sorry...I guess, Texas still qualifies as "big game" despite Big 12 officials handing them the Oklahoma State game and them barely squeaking by traditional basketball power Kansas.

FaninAma
10/29/2012, 10:36 AM
If KSU and ND both win out I bet ND passes KSU in the BCS standings.

BoulderSooner79
10/29/2012, 10:45 AM

Yep, and if you go by OU as the common opponent to decide, then ND is the better team.

We *could* have beaten ND. We *should* have beaten KSU.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/29/2012, 11:09 AM
And the reason we're not the #2 or #3 team is that those teams are mentally and physically tough and we're not. If we can't just go out and outtalent somebody than it's probably an L coming, unless the guy on the other sidelines is Mack Brown. Pretty soon whorn will hire a real coach and we'll be losing to them regularly as well.

BoulderSooner79
10/29/2012, 11:14 AM
And the reason we're not the #2 or #3 team is that those teams are mentally and physically tough and we're not. If we can't just go out and outtalent somebody than it's probably an L coming, unless the guy on the other sidelines is Mack Brown. Pretty soon whorn will hire a real coach and we'll be losing to them regularly as well.

Shhh. You're scaring the children.

aero
10/29/2012, 12:58 PM
Yes. And both losses were to 2 of the remaining 6 undefeated teams in the country.

BeaSooner
10/29/2012, 01:07 PM
Huh? Did you say something? I'm just now coming out of my fetal position.

tycat947
10/29/2012, 01:09 PM

That's almost a guarantee!

BeaSooner
10/29/2012, 01:12 PM
That's a guarantee!

FIFY

tycat947
10/29/2012, 01:19 PM
FIFY

You're right! :highly_amused:

Soonerjeepman
10/29/2012, 01:36 PM
From 2002-2011, they lost at home just once. The Saturday night loss to the Fighting Irish was OU’s third home loss in the seven games, dating back to last season.

that is from the Norman paper...tougher opponents? bad coaching? bad recruiting? something is obviously different...wasn't Stoops 14-0..?...against ranked opponents at home?

BoulderSooner79
10/29/2012, 02:14 PM

I still believe USC has a shot against ND. Even though our heavy passing game plan didn't work, we did enough to show it could work if we had executed consistently. USC doesn't have receivers spread out all over the field, but they have 2 exceptional guys on the outside. Barkley is very accurate and throws a great deep ball - something we were not able to do against ND. Also, USC runs better than we do but I doubt enough to control the game. USC's defense is suspect, so it really depends on matchups against ND's style on how well they will do.

KSU's path looks much easier now that they have beaten both OU and TTech. Never know about TCU and Pokey though.

tycat947
10/29/2012, 02:37 PM
I still believe USC has a shot against ND. Even though our heavy passing game plan didn't work, we did enough to show it could work if we had executed consistently. USC doesn't have receivers spread out all over the field, but they have 2 exceptional guys on the outside. Barkley is very accurate and throws a great deep ball - something we were not able to do against ND. Also, USC runs better than we do but I doubt enough to control the game. USC's defense is suspect, so it really depends on matchups against ND's style on how well they will do.

KSU's path looks much easier now that they have beaten both OU and TTech. Never know about TCU and Pokey though.

Boykin of TCU injured his knee against Boone State on Saturday and his status is unknown at this time. If he's out for the year, you can pretty much throw out the horny frogs.

OU_Sooners75
10/29/2012, 02:49 PM
This is a good attitude. I mean, you have to accept that Stoops is not capable of winning big games with regularity anymore.

Oh, yeah...sorry...I guess, Texas still qualifies as "big game" despite Big 12 officials handing them the Oklahoma State game and them barely squeaking by traditional basketball power Kansas.

Apparently you're an idiot!

What it says is we are not a top 5 team.

Tear Down This Wall
10/29/2012, 03:03 PM

They don't even have to hire a real coach. All they have to do is hire a real defensive coordinator like when they picked up Chizik and Muschamp back-to-back and beat us four out of five years with them. Brown is not really coaching anyway; he's been in Bobby Bowden/figurehead mode for years.

Tear Down This Wall
10/29/2012, 03:15 PM
Apparently you're an idiot!

What it says is we are not a top 5 team.

Really what big games has Bob won lately? The BCS game versus Connecticut? Which of the three latest Texas games was "big": the one against Texas' 5-7 squad, their 8-5 squad, or this last one who can barely get past Kansas. The Sun Bowl win over Stanford. Boy, we own El Paso. The Insight Bowl?

Give me a break. Kansas State has a one dimensional offense. Notre Dame didn't have athletes any faster or stronger than ours. Surely, Kansas State doesn't.

So, what's the difference? It's in coaching. Kansas State whipped our lines, as well as Notre Dame. Those coaching staffs are instilling it in their players.

How many missed tackles and assignment errors did those teams have? Penalties? We're whining like babies over holding calls, phantom fumble returns, and pass interference non-calls.

Go ahead and beat a team and the officials aren't an issue.

Oh, TDTW, but they're Top 5 schools this year.

Yeah, well, we would be, too - this year and every year again - if we could find the pre-2003 Big 12 Championship Bob Stoops.

Stupid. We'll win 10 games again and Stoops will get a pass.

It's fine if you don't want to be in the national title picture. It really is. Maybe some in the program have gotten bored of challenging the Nick Sabans and Les Miles' of the college football world.

And, why not? Our fans are so sheepish, we were happy to play along with Texas in trying to get into a basketball conference. Some were even excited about it.

It's not championships we're hungry for anymore...it's TV money based on what we were in the past. We're in the Drunken Kennedy Heir Phase of the program.

budbarrybob
10/29/2012, 03:40 PM
They don't even have to hire a real coach. All they have to do is hire a real defensive coordinator like when they picked up Chizik and Muschamp back-to-back and beat us four out of five years with them. Brown is not really coaching anyway; he's been in Bobby Bowden/figurehead mode for years.

We didn't lose those games to their defense. They had VY and CM. Its OUR defense that failed. Admittedly to 2 very good QB's

OU_Sooners75
10/29/2012, 03:54 PM
Really what big games has Bob won lately? The BCS game versus Connecticut? Which of the three latest Texas games was "big": the one against Texas' 5-7 squad, their 8-5 squad, or this last one who can barely get past Kansas. The Sun Bowl win over Stanford. Boy, we own El Paso. The Insight Bowl?

Give me a break. Kansas State has a one dimensional offense. Notre Dame didn't have athletes any faster or stronger than ours. Surely, Kansas State doesn't.

So, what's the difference? It's in coaching. Kansas State whipped our lines, as well as Notre Dame. Those coaching staffs are instilling it in their players.

How many missed tackles and assignment errors did those teams have? Penalties? We're whining like babies over holding calls, phantom fumble returns, and pass interference non-calls.

Yeah, well, we would be, too - this year and every year again - if we could find the pre-2003 Big 12 Championship Bob Stoops.

It's fine if you don't want to be in the national title picture. It really is. Maybe some in the program have gotten bored of challenging the Nick Sabans and Les Miles' of the college football world.

And, why not? Our fans are so sheepish, we were happy to play along with Texas in trying to get into a basketball conference. Some were even excited about it.

It's not championships we're hungry for anymore...it's TV money based on what we were in the past. We're in the Drunken Kennedy Heir Phase of the program.

Let me ask you this. What's your definition of a big game?

Surely the FSU games the last two seasons were big games.

What about beating a higher ranked OSU team in 2010 and 09?

What about beating a Tech team in 2008 that was #1 at the time?

Rivalry games are always big. May not have much impact on our season but their big nonetheless.
What about the Big 12 championship game in 2010, was that not a big game?

Yes we have lost some big games. But name me one current head coach that hasn't!

You ideas, or opinions, are splenetic at best!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/29/2012, 04:01 PM
If we win out, do we end up in the Cotton Bowl?

OU_Sooners75
10/29/2012, 04:07 PM
If we win out, there is still a very good chance we could end up in a BCS bowl.

If not, then yes, we would be in the Cotton Bowl if we win out seeing as we would be the #2 Big 12 team. And that is what the Cotton Bowl goes after if the #2 Big 12 team if they are not in a BCS bowl.

budbarrybob
10/29/2012, 04:17 PM

Give me a break. Kansas State has a one dimensional offense What games are you watching?. Notre Dame didn't have athletes any faster or stronger than ours Their OL and DL and LBLB's are better. Surely, Kansas State doesn't.

So, what's the difference? It's in coaching. Kansas State whipped our lines, as well as Notre Damesee above. Those coaching staffs are instilling it in their players.

I think BS has done a pretty good job this year. Considering the suspended players, injuries and lack of superior talent. Even Barry said we didn't have the horses to play with this year like we've had in the past. I'd like to see you quit whining yourself and think about having Close games that we coulda won but were just out played in the final moments. Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. THATS not on BS. ND has the best team in 2 decades KSU has the probable Heisman winner and we are still a respectable team despite being lackluster. I'm gonna enjoy the rest of this year pulling for my team. It's in the bag that we have nothing but a mid tier bowl game so save yourself a few headaches and start scheming for next year.

StoopTroup
10/29/2012, 11:38 PM
It's good to see some folks defending the Team after a huge disappointing loss when all they could do before the losses is post about how bad things were. It's really some of the wildest manic-depressive posting I think I've ever witnessed.

Tear Down This Wall
10/30/2012, 08:41 AM
Let me ask you this. What's your definition of a big game?

Surely the FSU games the last two seasons were big games.

What about beating a higher ranked OSU team in 2010 and 09?

What about beating a Tech team in 2008 that was #1 at the time?

Rivalry games are always big. May not have much impact on our season but their big nonetheless.
What about the Big 12 championship game in 2010, was that not a big game?

Yes we have lost some big games. But name me one current head coach that hasn't!

You ideas, or opinions, are splenetic at best!

No. Beating 2010 and 2011 Florida State wasn't big. They lost three games in their basketball conference in each of those seasons to the likes of North Carolina State, Virginia, and Wake Forest. Hooray...we did something Wake Forest did. And, in football no less. What an accomplishment.

Also, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech are exactly what I'm talking about. If that is where the bar is - Big 12 schools with crappy defenses who every few seasons might feast on the other Big 12 schools' crappy defenses - then the bar is too low.

Texas Tech was a joke. Ole Miss ripped them a new butthole in their bowl game that year.

The bar is way too low if beating Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and post-Bobby Bowden Florida State is "big."

But...

...after we beat Iowa State, many will believe there are no problems. And, again, maybe some of us simply liked it when the bar was set higher.

The truth is, after beginning 2011 6-0, we are 8-5 since in regular season games, 4-3 at home (7-5 and 3-3 if you do the right thing and eliminate the win against FCS Florida A&M from the discussion). That isn't impressive.

So, there is something wrong, but many will bury their head in the sand about it. Kansas State came into our stadium and ran us out of it. Then, Notre Dame did the same thing...and, we're supposed to be happy about it.

Screw that. If Bob is okay with it just because of where Kansas State and Notre Dame are ranked, then he has a problem.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/30/2012, 09:28 AM
If we win out, do we end up in the Cotton Bowl?

Yes, where we'll probably get a mudhole stomped in our *** by lsu. That's usually what happens when Charmin soft meats a wrecking ball, even if that wrecking ball has a sh!tty qb.

JLEW1818
10/30/2012, 01:22 PM
A 10-2 Oklahoma team with losses to KSU and Notre Dame, will go BCS bowling, no doubt.

BoulderSooner79
10/30/2012, 01:26 PM
Yes, where we'll probably get a mudhole stomped in our *** by lsu. That's usually what happens when Charmin soft meats a wrecking ball, even if that wrecking ball has a sh!tty qb.

So then the preference is to drop another game or 2 to avoid that possibility?