PDA

View Full Version : bcs title game matchup

jk the sooner fan
10/28/2012, 08:03 PM
now that we're all but out of it unless a lot of teams go into meltdown mode

who would you like to see in the trophy game?

i'd kinda like to go old school and see Bama v. Notre Dame......i know that will get a lot of hate - but after the game saturday night, i'd like to see those two teams go at it

from a pure "football fan" perspective

King Barry's Back
10/28/2012, 08:30 PM
I'd like to see ND/KSU, for obvious reasons, just to highlight that our two defeats were to some pretty good teams.

Sabanball
10/28/2012, 09:35 PM
I think that most of the country would like to see Bama/Oregon, but as a traditionalist and a fan of a program that has as many scores to settle with ND as you guys have('66, '73, and '77), I would prefer to see Bama/ND in the title game. Believe me, the Bama Nation is chomping at the bit for a shot at the Irish.

SOONER44EVER
10/28/2012, 09:38 PM
I wanna see KSU beat whoever they play. Snyder deserves it as much as anyone. The guy can flat out coach some football.

MyT Oklahoma
10/28/2012, 09:41 PM
I agree. I wish KSU the best. Snyder is one heck of a coach.

ouwasp
10/28/2012, 09:45 PM
I agree. I wish KSU the best. Snyder is one heck of a coach.

Go cats! Plus, maybe that fine ol' coach will finally retire and stay that way!

bluedogok
10/28/2012, 09:48 PM
Since I don't have to live with them...I hope KSU does it.

VA Sooner
10/28/2012, 11:17 PM
I'd root for the 'cats.

Snyder is a damn good coach...

picasso
10/28/2012, 11:27 PM
The hell with k state and their pasty white *** fans.

BoulderSooner79
10/29/2012, 12:49 AM
I think the ducks are most likely screwed with both USC and OSUw losing yesterday. They now need to win out and have both ND and KSU drop a game.
As far as who I'd like to see, hard for me to care since OU is out of it. I really don't want to see LSU get any where close to that game.

TUSooner
10/29/2012, 12:57 AM
I wanna see KSU beat whoever they play. Snyder deserves it as much as anyone. The guy can flat out coach some football.
Agreed.

TulsaSooners
10/29/2012, 01:04 AM
Talent-wise it should probably be Bama vs Oregon, but like Sabanball I think that Bama vs Notre Dame would be an excellent matchup of traditional powers. Honestly I think that Bama will once again beat up on whoever they play though.

Soonerjeepman
10/29/2012, 09:05 AM
Being up here in ksu country, they are ok when they win, most still remember how bad they were for sooo long...but I'd pull for ksu/nd or bama...and pull for ksu to win. Good friends are ksu folks, plus I went to school there for a yr and half.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/29/2012, 09:10 AM
KSU over ND or Alabama and with KSU winning on a horrible call in triple overtime, so that way, they both lose in a sense. And Bill Snyder can ride off into the sunset for good and KSU goes bye-bye forever....again because no one outside of him wants to coach there.

GDC
10/29/2012, 06:12 PM
Oregon-Bama in one semifinal, KSU-ND in the other

stoops the eternal pimp
10/29/2012, 06:24 PM
Alabama-Oregon was my pre season pick so Im sticking with them

8timechamps
10/29/2012, 06:43 PM
I think the ducks are most likely screwed with both USC and OSUw losing yesterday. They now need to win out and have both ND and KSU drop a game.
As far as who I'd like to see, hard for me to care since OU is out of it. I really don't want to see LSU get any where close to that game.

I think Oregon is as good as anyone in the country, and would seriously contend with Bama, however, I think you're right. If Oregon, K-State and ND all go undefeated (and it's more likely than not), Oregon is on the outside looking in.

As for the game I'd like to see, it's K-State/Alabama. ND/Alabama would be a good one too, but I would like the title to end up in the Big XII.

BoulderSooner79
10/29/2012, 07:15 PM
I think Oregon is as good as anyone in the country, and would seriously contend with Bama, however, I think you're right. If Oregon, K-State and ND all go undefeated (and it's more likely than not), Oregon is on the outside looking in.

As for the game I'd like to see, it's K-State/Alabama. ND/Alabama would be a good one too, but I would like the title to end up in the Big XII.

I think we're all assuming Bama wins out (I know I am). But what if there is no undefeated SEC champ and two or all of Oregon, K-State and ND win out? The SEC! SEC! chanters would be going insane.

usmc-sooner
10/29/2012, 07:15 PM
I'd like to see KSU win it all. That guy is probably the greatest college coach of all time.

misplaced_sooner
10/29/2012, 07:20 PM
Bama vs Any team besides Oregon. If Oregon manages to jump KSU/ND without those teams losing, this system is a total sham. Oregon will have beaten who? 2 loss Stanford that lost to 2 unranked teams? 2 loss USC that got beat by the afore mentioned Stanford and unranked Zona? GTFOH. KSU is hurt by WVU/OU losing, I think it will be ND/Bama if they both win out.

En_Fuego
10/29/2012, 07:35 PM
Oh my, the love for the Bama Boy's !

misplacedsooner
10/30/2012, 01:06 AM
lol, any way louisville has a shot to make it? say everyone else has a loss do they get any consideration?

Soonerjeepman
10/30/2012, 09:08 AM
don't forget ND plays Usuc as well...so one will have another or 1st loss.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/30/2012, 09:12 AM
Alabama will lose to LSU.

swardboy
10/30/2012, 10:57 AM
Bama vs Any team besides Oregon. If Oregon manages to jump KSU/ND without those teams losing, this system is a total sham. Oregon will have beaten who? 2 loss Stanford that lost to 2 unranked teams? 2 loss USC that got beat by the afore mentioned Stanford and unranked Zona? GTFOH. KSU is hurt by WVU/OU losing, I think it will be ND/Bama if they both win out.

Which is why I think Chip Kelly would be intrigued with a phone call from Arkansas...but I digress.

8timechamps
10/30/2012, 02:46 PM
lol, any way louisville has a shot to make it? say everyone else has a loss do they get any consideration?

No. I watched the UL/Cincy game last Thursday, and it was a fun game. UL is a solid (not great) team, and will end up in a BCS bowl, but that's the best they can hope for. The Big East is such a weak conference, it would take just about every team in front of them losing multiple games for the Cards to have a shot. That's why UL wants so badly to join the Big XII.

SoonerMarkVA
10/30/2012, 03:23 PM

Yup. Now that we're out, I want to see KSU on the big stage, against either 'Bama or ND would suit me fine.

budbarrybob
10/30/2012, 04:21 PM
I like the idea of KSU playing, beating Bama and Snyder riding of into the sunset with a MNC.
Good on him.