PDA

View Full Version : Hope And Change: What Happened?

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 11:03 AM
The Obama of 2008 compared to the Obama of 2012 is like comparing Dr. Jeckyll to Mr. Hyde. The transition has been amazing.

Breadburner
10/28/2012, 11:40 AM
Hope in one hand and change in the other.......He's a puppet at best......

SoonerorLater
10/28/2012, 02:46 PM
I definitely hope we change.

soonercruiser
10/28/2012, 02:55 PM
Time for a "real change", as BHO now has poopie in his panties!

hawaii 5-0
10/28/2012, 04:16 PM
For millions of people without health coverage Hope is now a reality.

For those who lost health coverage because of preexisting conditions and were about to lose their house Hope is now a reality.

For those whose loved ones were serving in Iraq putting themselves in the line of fire Hope is now a reality.

just starters.

5-0

pphilfran
10/28/2012, 04:23 PM

For those who lost health coverage because of preexisting conditions and were about to lose their house Hope is now a reality.

For those whose loved ones were serving in Iraq putting themselves in the line of fire Hope is now a reality.

just starters.

5-0

i will give you the healthcare...but with regards to Iraq Obama followed the plan that was signed during Bush's term and was pushed to completion by the Iraqi government even though Obama tried to extend our stay...

SoonerorLater
10/28/2012, 04:38 PM
The truth is the issue of health care or the "right" to health care is always going to be a philosophical boondoggle. The reality of Obama Care is that somebody else will have to be on the hook to pay for another person's health care. For another person to have a chance to live the cost will have to be extracted from somebody else's paycheck.

pphilfran
10/28/2012, 04:45 PM
The truth is the issue of health care or the "right" to health care is always going to be a philosophical boondoggle. The reality of Obama Care is that somebody else will have to be on the hook to pay for another person's health care. For another person to have a chance to live the cost will have to be extracted from somebody else's paycheck.

under our current system that is already happening...someone without insurance still goes to the emergency room, the most expensive form of care, where the cost is then spread out among all of us anyway...

I am not a supporter of the Obama plan since it still does not cover 100% of the population and does little to really lower the rate of cost increases over the long term...but it is a start...

pphilfran
10/28/2012, 04:46 PM
I am a supporter of a system similar to the Swiss system...

cleller
10/28/2012, 04:46 PM
I was thinking about Obama, Biden, and Clinton's handling of the victim's families from Benghazi. Those 3 all have one common trait. Other than their offspring, they only thing they have any real concern about is their ego.

They may believe that this gov program or that will cause people to worship them more, or whatever, but people are just pawns or adversaries to them.

SoonerorLater
10/28/2012, 05:13 PM
under our current system that is already happening...someone without insurance still goes to the emergency room, the most expensive form of care, where the cost is then spread out among all of us anyway...

I am not a supporter of the Obama plan since it still does not cover 100% of the population and does little to really lower the rate of cost increases over the long term...but it is a start...

You are correct but with Obama Care you institutionalize the problem.

hawaii 5-0
10/28/2012, 05:50 PM
Maybe thousands of auto and auto related workers have a little more Hope now that they can put food on their tables and clothe their families.

Would all of them continued to work had the auto industry gone under?

5-0

pphilfran
10/28/2012, 06:13 PM
Bush gave them loan extensions prior to Obama taking over...Obama sold Chrysler to Fiat so it is no longer US owned...

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 06:27 PM

just starters.

5-0

Can you explain exactly how he provided health coverage to millions of uninsured Please provide specific details.

SoonerorLater
10/28/2012, 06:55 PM
Maybe thousands of auto and auto related workers have a little more Hope now that they can put food on their tables and clothe their families.

Would all of them continued to work had the auto industry gone under?

5-0

Do the auto workers deserve relief more than the people who are asked to pay for it?

hawaii 5-0
10/28/2012, 11:35 PM
Can you explain exactly how he provided health coverage to millions of uninsured Please provide specidic details.

Google Affordable Care Act.

Please be specific on how Romney is gonna pay for his tax cuts for the wealthy and increase the Defense budget without gutting the middle class.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
10/28/2012, 11:36 PM
Do the auto workers deserve relief more than the people who are asked to pay for it?

No.

The auto industry was just one group aided by the Bailout.

Just ask Paul Ryan. He asked for bailout money. Twice.

Do the wealthy deserve the tax cuts promised by Romney at the expense of the middle class?

5-0

cleller
10/29/2012, 08:23 AM
Do the middle and working classes deserve to lose their jobs because of higher taxes?

Just for a counter-point, because the two will end up being related.

However, I fear that to get the country out of the incredible debt we are NOW in, it NOW may be necessary that taxes be raised. That will also be harmful to the country. If taxes are raised, I think everyone should pay more. No one in this country should be excluded from paying taxes. It is a responsibility all should experience and understand. No one rides for free.

olevetonahill
10/29/2012, 08:33 AM

just starters.

5-0

Do you just make **** up?

badger
10/29/2012, 09:17 AM
If taxes are raised, I think everyone should pay more. No one in this country should be excluded from paying taxes. It is a responsibility all should experience and understand. No one rides for free.

There's only one tax that everyone pays: Sales tax. It's more regressive than the lottery, because unlike the lottery, everyone needs to buy goods and services to live.

hawaii 5-0
10/29/2012, 09:49 AM
Do you just make **** up?

I had a friend who lived in Ireland. She had ovarian cancer and couldn't come back to the USA to die because no one would insure her cancer treatments and follow up care..

She died in Ireland two years ago.

Lots of people here are having to sell their homes because they can't afford their health care.

Health insurance ain't cheap.

5-0

olevetonahill
10/29/2012, 09:57 AM
There's only one tax that everyone pays: Sales tax. It's more regressive than the lottery, because unlike the lottery, everyone needs to buy goods and services to live.

Not so fast.
I have found a way to NOT pay Sales tax even on Beer

olevetonahill
10/29/2012, 10:00 AM
I had a friend who lived in Ireland. She had ovarian cancer and couldn't come back to the USA to die because no one would insure her cancer treatments and follow up care..

Lots of people here are having to sell their homes because they can't afford their health care.

5-0

That makes absolutely NO sense .
If she wanted to COME to die . WTF does she care if shes gettin treatment for?
Also YOU said Folks were LosingTheir Health Insurance due to PRE existing Conditions . Nother Nonsensical statement

cleller
10/29/2012, 10:04 AM

Sales taxes are another hamper, but I fell like everyone should pay some sort of income tax. It shapes your thinking. It also puts us all on a more equal footing.

To have any form of taxes that are expected of only certain persons is not equal. We've evolved into a nation of contradictions. Some people are allowed certain benefits, which others are not. Others pay a substantial amount of money in income taxes, yet are denied benefits that non-payers are entitled too. Its the wrong way to motivate people.

hawaii 5-0
10/29/2012, 10:30 AM
That makes absolutely NO sense .
If she wanted to COME to die . WTF does she care if shes gettin treatment for?
Also YOU said Folks were LosingTheir Health Insurance due to PRE existing Conditions . Nother Nonsensical statement

I kinda sounds like you're saying no one has lost their health coverage due to a preexisting condition. It that what you believe?

5-0

FaninAma
10/29/2012, 11:19 AM
Google Affordable Care Act.

Please be specific on how Romney is gonna pay for his tax cuts for the wealthy and increase the Defense budget without gutting the middle class.

5-0

I asked you to be specific. How is Obama paying for the expanded coverage? Is he waving a magic wand? Is he breaking out the country's credit card...again? Is he taking it from somehwere else?

Just because Obama proclaims that all of these uninsured patients have coverage that doesn't mean they will have access.

Romney hasn't been elected yet. He hasn't rammed legislation through Congress yet. He has spoken in generalities about working with Congress to enact a simplified tax code with lower rates and fewer deductions but he hasn't been specific on the deductions that will be stopped.

So now, since Obama has rammed Obamacare through Congress and the details are there where is he coming up with the money to pay for the expanded coverage? I know....do you?

LiveLaughLove
10/29/2012, 11:23 AM

5-0

You're trying to imply a false narrative. Actually two.

1. That republicans wanted the health system to remain as is. Completely false. Completely. False.

2. That republicans had no ideas on how to fix the health care system. Again utter and complete hogwash. Utter. Complete. Hog. Wash.

If obamacare is so successful and so popular, why isn't he trumpeting it, and why isn't he blowing Romney out of the water?

We ALL know the answer to that.

olevetonahill
10/29/2012, 11:24 AM
I kinda sounds like you're saying no one has lost their health coverage due to a preexisting condition. It that what you believe?

5-0

Hey Einstein , Im sayin IF its Pre existin, How in hell did they ever get it in the 1st place ?

LiveLaughLove
10/29/2012, 11:26 AM
Btw, 5-0, I am sorry about your friend. I pray she secured her soul before she passed.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/29/2012, 11:35 AM
Can you explain exactly how he provided health coverage to millions of uninsured Please provide specidic details.

Specifics, smecifics. We got talking points that fit nicely into 8 second sound bytes.

And of course those folks are getting "free" healthcare that never has to be paid for here in fairy tale land. At least they don't have to be paid for as long as the Euro's in the sh!tter and there's no real alternative to the dollar as a reserve currency.

hawaii 5-0
10/29/2012, 11:23 PM
Btw, 5-0, I am sorry about your friend. I pray she secured her soul before she passed.

She was very sorry she couldn't be in the USA to die, but she was comfortable, dying at her home with her husband and a few friends who made it to Ireland to see her off.

Her fight against her cancer lasted several years, several operations and several rounds of chemo. She wasn't a quitter, but I believe she made her peace with God before she left this World.

Thanks for the kind words.

When I visited her two years ago she was in remission and she played tour guide for a section of our trip thru SW. Ireland. She lived in Tralee, was a speech therapist.

5-0