PDA

View Full Version : Where do we land for the bowl game?

PLaw
10/28/2012, 09:26 AM
Now, that nail has been hammered into the MNC coffin, where do we go for the bowl?

Best Case - KSU loses two and we head to the desert. Odds are stacked against there. Highly doubt we get a BCS at large invite.

Most likely - Either Cotton, Alamo, or Holiday. I think San Diego would be a good change.

Worst case - back to El Paso or Shreveport

Bummer

OUTrumpet
10/28/2012, 09:32 AM
Seeing how most likely we end as #2 in the conference I think we head to Dallas to Play sec #3. Either LSU, Florida, or Georgia.

ELP Sooner
10/28/2012, 09:34 AM
El Paso is Pac-12 Vs ACC. So no worries about an El Paso trip!

BlownGP
10/28/2012, 09:54 AM
Seeing how most likely we end as #2 in the conference I think we head to Dallas to Play sec #3. Either LSU, Florida, or Georgia.

To be honest. I dont want to play any one of those teams.

cleller
10/28/2012, 09:59 AM

To rehash the old Smoke Robinson song: I second that emotion.

I Am Right
10/28/2012, 10:01 AM
Independance

BoulderSooner79
10/28/2012, 10:12 AM
My concern is that this loss could be deflating and lead to another loss or 2 where we should win.

sooneredaco
10/28/2012, 10:21 AM
My concern is that this loss could be deflating and lead to another loss or 2 where we should win.

That would really suck!

BoulderSooner79
10/28/2012, 10:22 AM
That would really suck!

Truth.

trwxxa
10/28/2012, 10:54 AM

To rehash the old Smoke Robinson song: I second that emotion.

I don't understand. According to a few on this board, the SEC does not play defense :encouragement:

dennis580
10/28/2012, 06:10 PM
Now, that nail has been hammered into the MNC coffin, where do we go for the bowl?

Best Case - KSU loses two and we head to the desert. Odds are stacked against there. Highly doubt we get a BCS at large invite.

Most likely - Either Cotton, Alamo, or Holiday. I think San Diego would be a good change.

Worst case - back to El Paso or Shreveport

Bummer

Why would you highly doubt we get a at large invite.???. I think we are almost a lock if we win out. I can NOT at all see us being left out of a BCS bowl if we win out.

VA Sooner
10/28/2012, 06:29 PM
Nah... the emotions of last night are still swarming everyone.

If the offense settles down and holds off on bone-headed moves, then we win out and are tied for an at-large bid with Clemson (if they win out). Clemson loses again, we head to Sugar (I think it's the Sugar Bowl's turn).

Play SEC #2/3 or PAC-12 #2... but that part is a lot fuzzier with the way USC dropped their game against Arizona and Florida had 6 turnovers in one game. More even matched...

Just glad we don't have to play Alabama or Oregon... there clearly are four top teams right now vying for a spot in the MNC and two of them have beaten us already so nothing we can prove now.

soonercastor
10/28/2012, 06:30 PM
Why would you highly doubt we get a at large invite.???. I think we are almost a lock if we win out. I can NOT at all see us being left out of a BCS bowl if we win out.

Here's the BCS situation

SEC- 2
Big 10 - 1
Big East - 1
Big 12 - 1****
ACC- 1*
Boise St- 1**
PAC 12- 1***
ND- 1

So that's 9 spots already and it becomes 10 if Oregon doesn't win the PAC 12.
* that one could become 2 if Clemson keeps winning
** they will most likely be in the top 12 meaning they get an automatic bid, they're already at 14 in the coaches poll. However if they lose they free up a spot, so we need them to lose to increase our chances
*** If the PAC 12 winner isn't Oregon that could take up another spot, need Oregon to win here.
**** The Big 12 can get 2 (KSU and OU) but some things need to happen.

dennis580
10/28/2012, 08:06 PM
Here's the BCS situation

SEC- 2
Big 10 - 1
Big East - 1
Big 12 - 1****
ACC- 1*
Boise St- 1**
PAC 12- 1***
ND- 1

So that's 9 spots already and it becomes 10 if Oregon doesn't win the PAC 12.
* that one could become 2 if Clemson keeps winning
** they will most likely be in the top 12 meaning they get an automatic bid, they're already at 14 in the coaches poll. However if they lose they free up a spot, so we need them to lose to increase our chances
*** If the PAC 12 winner isn't Oregon that could take up another spot, need Oregon to win here.
**** The Big 12 can get 2 (KSU and OU) but some things need to happen.

Don't think Boise St is getting in the BCS. So that is 8 spots, and we get one of the last 2.

soonercastor
10/28/2012, 08:16 PM
I saw Boise at #14 in the coaches and thought they were very close to that #12 spot that gives them an automatic bid, but that came out to #19 in the actual BCS ouch.
But they can still reach 16 and hope the Big East or Big 10 champ behind them.

rock on sooner
10/28/2012, 08:50 PM
That would really suck!

One to watch out for...this week...ISU..Rhoads is due to jack his team
out of sight...

kevpks
10/28/2012, 08:55 PM
According to Palm, we're going to the Cotton to play LSU. That would be a fun matchup. The only thing that ticks me off about the projections is the realization that Boise automatically gets in the BCS if they are in the top 16. I guess those days are almost over now that they are joining an AQ conference.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

kenth68
10/28/2012, 10:23 PM

Aw heck, I'd love to see us play Georgia. Or any of the SEC. Would be good prep for the spring.

VA Sooner
10/28/2012, 11:16 PM
Cotton against LSU??? I'd take that matchup.