PDA

View Full Version : I'd Like To Hear JKM's Opinion of OU's LB Play Last Night

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 08:38 AM
Wort was no where near the play on the long domer TD run but seemed to be around the ball all night. But ND seemed to make too many 4+ yards on too many running plays.

Overall defense played well enough to win. ND gets 2 big plays and 10 cheap points at the end of the game.

sooneron
10/28/2012, 08:41 AM
Wort played a pretty good game. On the big td run, he was blocked out of the play.

Breadburner
10/28/2012, 08:48 AM
Was a small gap for that back to get through and he found it...No one to fill the hole.....

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 08:49 AM
Where were the safeties?

sooneron
10/28/2012, 08:52 AM
Jefferson was being held by their media darling TE, I believe. No idea where Harris was and I deleted the game with 2 min to go.

SoonerCLF
10/28/2012, 08:59 AM
Javon Harris #30 was not where he was supposed to be on the big ND TD run. Bob came out onto the field to rip him a new one big time after that play, for quite awhile.

Then on the big 50 yd pass play in the 4th, again #30 cheated up out of position and the WR got behind him... oops again. Coach chewed him pretty good again after that one.

I'm sure there were more to those plays but that's what I noticed at the game and haven't watched the DVR of it.

sooneron
10/28/2012, 09:10 AM
A Mike Stoops safety bites on the play action. Where have I heard that before?

cleller
10/28/2012, 09:14 AM
Listening to the post game on the way home, I'd never heard the words "frustrating" and "disappointing" used so many times. It was tiring. I wish they were allowed to say things like "gut-wrenching", "crushing", "defeated", "soul-destroying", etc. It mike help to move on quicker.

5noubus
10/28/2012, 09:32 AM
This

Where were the safeties?

And this:

Jefferson was being held by their media darling TE, I believe. No idea where Harris was and I deleted the game with 2 min to go.

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 09:45 AM
Javon Harris #30 was not where he was supposed to be on the big ND TD run. Bob came out onto the field to rip him a new one big time after that play, for quite awhile.

Then on the big 50 yd pass play in the 4th, again #30 cheated up out of position and the WR got behind him... oops again. Coach chewed him pretty good again after that
one.

I'm sure there were more to those plays but that's what I noticed at the game and haven't watched the DVR of it.

It seems that our seniors are making critical mistakes in big games. I think Javon has been on the negative end of a fair number of those.

Curly Bill
10/28/2012, 11:50 AM
Wort played a pretty good game. On the big td run, he was blocked out of the play.

He's damn near always being blocked - that is a rather huge problem!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/28/2012, 05:17 PM
Let me pull it over from the Tivo and screen cap some series. Maybe Tues/Wednesday or so.

EatLeadCommie
10/28/2012, 05:23 PM
Harris and Hurst are the weak links in the secondary.

VA Sooner
10/28/2012, 06:23 PM
I haven't looked back at the game yet... wanted to let my emotions wind down a bit first before I review it... I know that the long pass play was Javon biting on the play action and getting caught out of position... it was only Hurst's amazing speed that he caught up to the receiver and pulled him down.

On the run play, I know that Jefferson got blocked out on the left side of the D-line and Julian Wilson was right behind him when he pivoted and started running after the running back who was long gone by that point.

Will be better seen when JKM does his screen caps.

VA Sooner
10/28/2012, 06:24 PM
Harris and Hurst are the weak links in the secondary.

Hurst had pretty good coverage all night and Colvin blanketed his receiver as best as he could... the pass plays to the WR that Colvin was on just had a couple of amazing throws/catches and that was the killer in the third and long situations.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/28/2012, 06:51 PM
I haven't looked back at the game yet... wanted to let my emotions wind down a bit first before I review it... I know that the long pass play was Javon biting on the play action and getting caught out of position... it was only Hurst's amazing speed that he caught up to the receiver and pulled him down.

That play was 50/50 on both Hurst and Harris. Harris bit which everyone saw, but Hurst got turned around biting on the out move and was just as much out of the play as Harris.

FaninAma
10/29/2012, 10:38 AM
I was wondering why we don't throw a lot of skinny posts. It seems like we have a decent amount of success when we do.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/29/2012, 10:41 AM
On that long run, where was the Sooner defensive line? *sigh*

Curly Bill
10/29/2012, 10:49 AM
On that long run, where was the Sooner defensive line? *sigh*

Same place as the linebackers where - getting blocked.

Skysooner
10/29/2012, 10:52 AM
I always hate to blame the referees, but in this case, there were several non-calls on PI. I remember the one on the first or second drive that was very obvious, and the ref had the whistle stuck in his throat. That and the PI on the interception with 5 minutes to go in the 4th.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/29/2012, 11:22 AM
I always hate to blame the referees, but in this case, there were several non-calls on PI. I remember the one on the first or second drive that was very obvious, and the ref had the whistle stuck in his throat. That and the PI on the interception with 5 minutes to go in the 4th.

The problem is that Pass Interference is called differently in every league. You have to train your guys to play according to your own league's refs since that is what you will see the majority of the time. The problem here is that the B12 has refs that are "no touchy" and it kills us in games where we get refs that are "no blood, no foul".

Skysooner
10/29/2012, 11:38 AM
The problem is that Pass Interference is called differently in every league. You have to train your guys to play according to your own league's refs since that is what you will see the majority of the time. The problem here is that the B12 has refs that are "no touchy" and it kills us in games where we get refs that are "no blood, no foul".

Very true, and we have to be much tougher at the LOS. Our guys aren't run blockers. They are finesse.

prrriiide
10/29/2012, 12:09 PM

Hopefully, we have already told the Domers that it WILL big BigXII refs in South Bend next year. If we have to take those Big Least homers again, I say we tell them to GTH.

cvsooner
10/29/2012, 02:27 PM
During the broadcast they said Big East for the Norman game and Big 12 for the away game. Te'o will be gone. Golson will still be there.

Fraggle145
10/31/2012, 02:46 PM
bump

SoonerMarkVA
10/31/2012, 09:37 PM
A Mike Stoops safety bites on the play action. Where have I heard that before?

J. Harris had been biting on play action long before he was a M. Stoops safety.