PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead

JiminyChristmas
10/28/2012, 12:12 AM
This is not a complaint about Landry, rather just a question.

With the NC chances gone and the conference championship chances out of our hands and pretty slim, is it time for Bell and Allen to start getting some significant, meaningful game experience?

Obviously Landry is gone next year and has already set virtually every QB record there is at OU. What else is there for him to do now? I'm not suggesting he not start, but don't you have to start looking to the future? Have we had a similar scenario with a senior QB where there was little to play for except the future?

USC is in a similar position, but with a conference championship game, they probably still have a better shot mathematically at winning their conference than we do.

Curly Bill
10/28/2012, 12:15 AM
Not gonna happen! Bob is loyal to a fault.

soonercastor
10/28/2012, 12:18 AM
Yeah maybe Blake Bell should come in earlier in blowout games.

ELP Sooner
10/28/2012, 12:37 AM
I will chase my bedtime medicine with hemlock. I will be Sooner dead tonight and when I meet my maker he will be dressed in ND gear with a big smile in his irish eyes. Damn it all to Hell...hey at least Hell is red..aint it?

colleyvillesooner
10/28/2012, 12:39 AM
Bob is loyal but not dumb. Bell will get meaningful snaps. Book it.

MyT Oklahoma
10/28/2012, 12:43 AM
I guess we'll find out next week but I'm not holding my breath for any meaningful changes at QB.

We shall see.

TahoeSOONER
10/28/2012, 12:55 AM
I'm thinking in earlier than usual

SOONER44EVER
10/28/2012, 01:02 AM
No QB other than the starter ever gets experience under Stoops.

PLaw
10/28/2012, 10:10 AM
No QB other than the starter ever gets experience under Stoops.

In the early years, the standard line used to be that the starting QB had limited opportunities and he wanted to make sure they got their snaps. Now, LJ has played a lot of football for OU. The big goals for this season are gone. Time to start getting ready for next year and No. 10 and No. 15 need to start seeing a significant amount of PT.

BOOMER

VA Sooner
10/28/2012, 03:42 PM
LJ will get his snaps but I suspect Bell will come in earlier. Not sure about Drew Allen's future... when will he get to play, if ever?

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 03:46 PM
Bob is loyal but not dumb. Bell will get meaningful snaps. Book it.

I'll believe it when I see it. It's almost like Bob is afraid to give the backup any real meaningful minutes for fear he may play well which would lead to a QB controversy.

jk the sooner fan
10/28/2012, 03:46 PM
you play the best player to win the game you're playing

there is still something to play for - those teams that remain on Kstate's schedule aren't all going to lay down and just give the conference to them

Soonerjeepman
10/28/2012, 03:49 PM
agree..stoops will NOT play Blake any sooner than normal....

disagree ksu has it wrapped up, they are playing well and DO NOT BEAT themselves. Which for the record hope they win it all.

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 03:50 PM
you play the best player to win the game you're playing

there is still something to play for - those teams that remain on Kstate's schedule aren't all going to lay down and just give the conference to them

I will always believe there are great practice players and there are gamers and they aren't always the same players. I know Bob has his system and at this point in his career he will never change. I do wish Kelly would have had the same philosophy and had played the senior over his RS freshman QB.

kenth68
10/28/2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah maybe Blake Bell should come in earlier in blowout games.

The most exciting series was Bell going for it on 4th down. At this point, Bell has become part of the offensive package. But the reason he's in there is because Landry couldn't finish. Either bring Bell in earlier in the remaining games, or force Landry to do his job in the red zone.