PDA

View Full Version : Just imagine.................

SOONER44EVER
10/27/2012, 11:59 PM
...................if Bill Snyder had the talent that Alabama, LSU, Notre Dame or even OU has. He'd NEVER lose. I'm rooting for KSU for the rest of the season.

winout
10/28/2012, 12:04 AM
Yeah, I like KSU. good people.

sooneredaco
10/28/2012, 12:04 AM
I'm with ya! Why not root for the old man

picasso
10/28/2012, 12:05 AM
He had the talent we had in 2000 and we kicked his ***.

SOONER44EVER
10/28/2012, 12:07 AM
He had the talent we had in 2000 and we kicked his ***. Huh? we had talent out the *** on that team. Remember..............the talent Blake recruited?

picasso
10/28/2012, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I like KSU. good people.
You ever been to a game there? Beautiful area but they are **** for class and hospitality.

How about a midfield skit making fun of your school and state in the pregame? Yeah, that's good people alright.

picasso
10/28/2012, 12:09 AM
Huh? we had talent out the *** on that team. Remember..............the talent Blake recruited?
You have a short memory if you can't recall how loaded KSU was '98 to 2000. That 2000 squad was probably the best they've ever had.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/28/2012, 12:12 AM
...................if Bill Snyder had the talent that Alabama, LSU, Notre Dame or even OU has. He'd NEVER lose. I'm rooting for KSU for the rest of the season.

My hope one day is that those on this board will realize that there is a significant difference between having guys that have "Pro Potential" and guys who are just good college football players. Right now, OU has a lot of the former and very few of the latter. Snyder has a tendency to fill his roster with the latter and win a ton of games.

SOONER44EVER
10/28/2012, 12:14 AM
You have a short memory if you can't recall how loaded KSU was '98 to 2000. That 2000 squad was probably the best they've ever had.
We had Heupel, Savage, Works, Calmus, RW, Strait, Woolfolk, Thatcher, Wilkerson, Trent Smith, Perkins, Marshall, Lehman, Q and Clayton and a bunch more i can't think of off the top of my head. NO way KSU has ever had near that much talent.

picasso
10/28/2012, 12:16 AM
We had Heupel, Savage, Works, Calmus, RW, Strait, Woolfolk, Thatcher, Wilkerson, Trent Smith, Perkins, Marshall, Lehman, Q and Clayton and a bunch more i can't think of off the top of my head. NO way KSU has ever had near that much talent.
They had an NFL ready WR. A legit dual threat QB and several future NFL players on defense. They were on par with us easily.

SOONER44EVER
10/28/2012, 12:17 AM
My hope one day is that those on this board will realize that there is a significant difference between having guys that have "Pro Potential" and guys who are just good college football players. Right now, OU has a lot of the former and very few of the latter. Snyder has a tendency to fill his roster with the latter and win a ton of games. Most of us realize that. It's some of the coaches that don't. Those 99, 200 and 2001 teams were loaded with that type of talent. I'll take an Antwon Savage or an Andre Woolfolk over a Kenny Stills any day.

picasso
10/28/2012, 12:18 AM
Perkins wasn't on our team yet and Lehman was tackling guy on kick team.

KSU destroyed Tennessee that year and they played us better than anyone outside of aTm.

SOONER44EVER
10/28/2012, 12:19 AM
They had an NFL ready WR. A legit dual threat QB and several future NFL players on defense. They were on par with us easily. Now you've got me wondering. Gotta do some research. Heh

picasso
Antwone was a special player. One of my all time faves.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
We had Heupel, Calmus, RW, Strait, Woolfolk, Trent Smith, Marshall, Q and a bunch more i can't think of off the top of my head. NO way KSU has ever had near that much talent.

These were the only guys that played significant time that year. KState had a few on defense, a few on offense (Lockett/Morgan) that ended up getting drafted (think the entire DL and one of the linebackers).

picasso
10/28/2012, 12:20 AM
Now you've got me wondering. Gotta do some research. Heh
I can't recall the middle LB's name right now but he had a better NFL career than any of our guys off that team.

SOONER44EVER
10/28/2012, 12:20 AM
Perkins wasn't on our team yet and Lehman was tackling guy on kick team.

KSU destroyed Tennessee that year and they played us better than anyone outside of aTm. I'm pretty sure Perkins was on the team. I was talking overall talent, not just starters.

Curly Bill
10/28/2012, 12:21 AM
My hope one day is that those on this board will realize that there is a significant difference between having guys that have "Pro Potential" and guys who are just good college football players. Right now, OU has a lot of the former and very few of the latter. Snyder has a tendency to fill his roster with the latter and win a ton of games.

Well said!

picasso
10/28/2012, 12:24 AM
I can't recall the middle LB's name right now but he had a better NFL career than any of our guys off that team.
Ben Leber.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/28/2012, 12:28 AM
I'm pretty sure Perkins was on the team. I was talking overall talent, not just starters.

Yeah, I was just saying he was behind Ontei Jones on the depth chart. Ontei was a perfect example of a GREAT college football player that had zero pro potential.

SOONER44EVER
10/28/2012, 12:30 AM
I found a whopping 11 KSU players that made NFL rosters from 99 to 2001. Surely we had more than that.