PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing is that...

soonercastor
10/27/2012, 10:45 PM
http://www.lolbrary.com/content/59/i-aint-even-mad-mama-25059.jpg

BoulderSooner79
10/27/2012, 11:15 PM
Me either. I thought our guys played hard and the game plan was sound given the players that we have. We just got outplayed by a better team, so it's hard to be mad.

But I hate watch OU lose, so I think I put on a little mad anyway.:mad::mad::mad:

landrun
10/27/2012, 11:17 PM
That's because you've come to expect it.

When was the last time OU won a big game ... next to Texas (which is always a big game to me)

OUmillenium
10/27/2012, 11:19 PM
Ouch...

Florida State last year? I thought that was gutsy. I also thought Venables and LJ were better than usual.

sooneredaco
10/27/2012, 11:21 PM
http://www.lolbrary.com/content/59/i-aint-even-mad-mama-25059.jpg

Is it 4:20 yet? :kidding:

arcman46
10/27/2012, 11:34 PM
Disappointed but not mad. Notre Dame played an almost perfect game.

Curly Bill
10/27/2012, 11:51 PM
Oh, I'll raise a little hell on here, but I'm hardly surprised or particularly upset. I said: Oh hell! with that first botched snap, and then waited for the inevitable.

5noubus
10/28/2012, 09:27 AM
I didn't think I was mad until the Whorns and pukes started yah yah on Fb.
" looking ahead" we better shove it down the pukes throat in Nov.
ND was better than I thought. In all aspects -offense, coached and better speed.

MyT Oklahoma
10/28/2012, 01:55 PM
We are Notre Dame's b*tch. That is all.

P.S. That wasn't meant to be funny but it's the truth and it's not like any of us can do anything about it. Life goes on.

8timechamps
10/28/2012, 02:06 PM
I never get mad over something I have absolutely no control in the outcome. I was disappointed that OU lost, but I was proud of our overall performance. Little disappointed in the crowd, but what's new?

MamaMia
10/28/2012, 02:09 PM
Disappointed but not mad. Notre Dame played an almost perfect game.I'm not mad either that we didn't. I was hoping we would, but not expecting it.

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 02:11 PM
I wasn't made until the refs pulled the chiken**** stuff at the end of the game.

8timechamps
10/28/2012, 02:18 PM
I wasn't made until the refs pulled the chiken**** stuff at the end of the game.

I didn't see anything past the bad snap/Landry barely getting rid of the ball (and Clay inexplicably catching it). I know the refs were pretty bad last night, but did I miss something else?

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 02:24 PM
I mean the rubbing the salt in the wound calls at the very end. It was almost like the officials had to make NDs margin of voctory appear as large as they could.

Turd_Ferguson
10/28/2012, 02:26 PM
Oh, I'll raise a little hell on here, but I'm hardly surprised or particularly upset. I said: Oh hell! with that first botched snap, and then waited for the inevitable.Same here. I kept hoping for some Sooner Magic until I knew it was too far gone. Then I stepped out in the back yard and threw a full Natty at the fence. The wife came out and said "hey drunk ***, go to bed". I said "**** you!", not out loud mind you, but I said it to myself nonetheless. Then I went to bed. I'm a lot better today.

8timechamps
10/28/2012, 02:26 PM
I mean the rubbing the salt in the wound calls at the very end. It was almost like the officials had to make NDs margin of voctory appear as large as they could.

I don't put the loss on the officials, but they were about as bad as I've seen. Even in the Oregon game, the officials were okay for most of it. Last night, it was so one-sided that it was ridiculous. I wondered if the Big East crew had a bone to pick with the Big XII. Probably not, but it sure felt that way.

8timechamps
10/28/2012, 02:28 PM
Same here. I kept hoping for some Sooner Magic until I knew it was too far gone. Then I stepped out in the back yard and threw a full Natty at the fence. The wife came out and said "hey drunk ***, go to bed". I said "**** you!", not out loud mind you, but I said it to myself. Then I went to bed. I'm a lot better today.

Hahaha. We are much alike.

Actually, I had a house full of people and a lot of cleaning to do afterward. So, by the time I had a chance to really thing about it, I was too tired.

TrophyCollector
10/28/2012, 02:32 PM
I waited 56 years to beat ND and I'm not even 56 years old, how the hell could I not be mad? On one hand, they have better players - on the other hand, Stoops had 14 YEARS, EVERY PENNY and ANY COACH HE WANTED to have the program ready to play this game so WTF?

Turd_Ferguson
10/28/2012, 02:33 PM
Hahaha. We are much alike.

Actually, I had a house full of people and a lot of cleaning to do afterward. So, by the time I had a chance to really thing about it, I was too tired.We did to. I took the trash out and loaded the dishwasher with my tail between my legs thinking it might soothe things over. Evidently it worked, since she hasn't beat me up today:biggrin:

8timechamps
10/28/2012, 02:35 PM
We did to. I took the trash out and loaded the dishwasher with my tail between my legs thinking it might soothe things over. Evidently it worked, since she hasn't beat me up today:biggrin:

I can only imagine how we (Curly included) would be if we watched the game together, without any of our women around to keep us in line. I suspect we'd all be pretty bruised today.

Curly Bill
10/28/2012, 03:04 PM
I can only imagine how we (Curly included) would be if we watched the game together, without any of our women around to keep us in line. I suspect we'd all be pretty bruised today.

I'm pretty sure on that botched snap I yelled M***** F***** loud enough someone out on the street might have heard it..and I'm not a big cusser! ;)

bluedogok
10/28/2012, 03:08 PM
ND was better than I thought. In all aspects -offense, coached and better speed.
Like any Whorn fan has any right to say a damn thing since the needed that last 12 seconds to beat Kansas, yeah....Kansas. None of the Whorns that I know have said crap about the OU game, most are commiserating with each other at how sucktastic their team has become.

My wife is a Tech alum, so our day sucked completely.

olevetonahill
10/28/2012, 03:17 PM
I'm pretty sure on that botched snap I yelled M***** F***** loud enough someone out on the street might have heard it..and I'm not a big cusser! ;)

I was
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23239802.jpg

VA Sooner
10/28/2012, 03:32 PM
Boys played a good game for the most part... can't open holes in that front seven yesterday so there was no run game. Notre Dame played flawless and their QB was able to connect with his receivers on some third and longs (and someone get the ball past Colvin who had pretty good coverage all night).

Nah... not mad. Just ready to move on to the next game. Is it Saturday yet?

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 03:42 PM
I waited 56 years to beat ND and I'm not even 56 years old, how the hell could I not be mad? On one hand, they have better players - on the other hand, Stoops had 14 YEARS, EVERY PENNY and ANY COACH HE WANTED to have the program ready to play this game so WTF?

This. If you are a long time Sooner fan beating Notre Dame just once in your lifetime has to be on your bucket list.

smooth3d
10/28/2012, 04:50 PM
Well we get one more chance next year, We will have a new team identity due to Bell being the QB. I like Landry but I feel we are so vanilla with him which more of the coaches fault. Its like we play safe all the time. Its fine when its working but if its not we are scared to change it up.

EatLeadCommie
10/28/2012, 05:02 PM
i'm mad. We got outcoached YET AGAIN. How can that not make you mad as a fan? We got beat by a team we should've beat by 3 TDs at home AGAIN. 3rd time in a year that's happened.

I won't settle for mediocrity. Neither should you.

jkjsooner
10/28/2012, 05:20 PM
(and Clay inexplicably catching it).

That's one of the little things you don't see as often from ND or Stanford.

Let's face it, a good number of D1 players are not what most consider college material. That's not to say ND players are brilliant when compared to average students at major universities.

Jack T.
10/28/2012, 05:32 PM
Oh, I'll raise a little hell on here, but I'm hardly surprised or particularly upset. I said: Oh hell! with that first botched snap, and then waited for the inevitable.

Yup. I'd seen that movie before and knew how it ended.

I switched over to the World Series at the end of the first quarter.

MamaMia
10/28/2012, 06:03 PM
ND was better than I thought. In all aspects -offense, coached and better speed.We might beat them. Playing at home won't be that big a factor, but don't they have a lot of injuries?

Plexis22
10/28/2012, 06:21 PM
I'm mad because we lost another game at HOME. From 1999-2010 we lost a grand total of 2 times at home (OSU in '01, TCU in '05). In the past 2 years we have now lost 3 times. Unacceptable IMO. I was an OU student from 03-08 and saw the Sooners lose only one time at home in a 5 year span....

PLaw
10/28/2012, 06:27 PM
That's because you've come to expect it.

When was the last time OU won a big game ... out of conference

FIFY