PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Stills

colleyvillesooner
10/27/2012, 10:39 PM
Gets the offensive PI. then after the final whistle, does he stick around to show some class? Nope. Hauls *** to the locker room. By himself. Could not have run faster. Hugely disappointed in the team and the crowd tonight.

Congrats to ND.

tooslow
10/27/2012, 10:45 PM
Stills definitely looked like a thug near the end. A talented thug, but a thug nonetheless.

aero
10/27/2012, 10:45 PM
Its too bad because he seemed like he was going to be a great one but its turning out that without Broyles he's not that great of a receiver and didn't learn enough about class in the time he spent with him. Hope not too much of him rubs off on the younger guys.

cburgsooner
10/27/2012, 10:48 PM
No Class what so ever.

rainiersooner
10/27/2012, 10:51 PM
Whatever I thought it was funny. I hate Norte dame, so I like to see him get in their face. I dont need to see him eat cookies and orange slices with those tools after the game

CarolinaSoonerFan
10/27/2012, 10:51 PM
Its too bad because he seemed like he was going to be a great one but its turning out that without Broyles he's not that great of a receiver and didn't learn enough about class in the time he spent with him. Hope not too much of him rubs off on the younger guys.

The action was not classy at all....he let his frustration get the better of him....he thought he finally proved his point but they called the play back which really lite the fire....and he needs to learn from this experience.....I'm sure he hightailed it off the field so that he wouldn't have really gotten in trouble after the game and ended up in Stoop's doghouse

MyT Oklahoma
10/27/2012, 10:53 PM
His stupid play at the end of the game in the end zone was uncalled for. He is a Junior and he either needs to grow up or leave.

goingoneight
10/27/2012, 10:55 PM
That attitude does not bode well for the team. I saw that with a handful of guys last year against Tceh. Don't be surprised if more losses come unless his temper is... well... tempered. Stoops won't let this one go.

Boomer.....
10/27/2012, 10:56 PM
He was fired up, but that's what you should see out of your players. Should he have shown a little more class, sure, but you don't know what was being said on the field. Obviously it was enough to make him irate.

delhalew
10/27/2012, 10:56 PM
As much crap as I give Kenny, I have to admit that I understand his frustrations. At the same time, they could have run Bell in, but went back to Kenny, he could have fought for it while keeping it clean. Judging by the rest of the game, he may have been getting mugged all night. I share his sentiments.

BoulderSooner79
10/27/2012, 10:57 PM
I have no problem with a player that doesn't like to lose and if he knows he's upset, leaving the field quickly is probably a good idea. I do wish he maintained composure a little better while the game was going on - stay classy out there!

rainiersooner
10/27/2012, 10:59 PM
You guys expect too much from these kids...on the one hand there are people complaining we don't have fire or passion...well stills obviously cares...what did he do? Talked trash? Big deal. And the p/I call was questionable. Hell according to most of you landry's biggest problem is no fire...so stills shows some fire and anger and a chip on his shoulder...if he's getting personal fouls it's another thing but I don't see what the big deal is

Breadburner
10/27/2012, 11:01 PM
When you make your-self the center of attention you better be ready to take what they have to dish out....

CarolinaSoonerFan
10/27/2012, 11:02 PM
I think Stills is a good maybe great player, and I was ok with the trash talk after the TD, but the obvious shove after the call back was just uncalled for.

Blue
10/27/2012, 11:04 PM
You guys expect too much from these kids...on the one hand there are people complaining we don't have fire or passion...well stills obviously cares...what did he do? Talked trash? Big deal. And the p/I call was questionable. Hell according to most of you landry's biggest problem is no fire...so stills shows some fire and anger and a chip on his shoulder...if he's getting personal fouls it's another thing but I don't see what the big deal is

Agreed. Blame goes to the coaches on this one. Where did all the blitzes go? getting burnt by play action all night.

SOONER44EVER
You guys act surprised that Stills has no class. What did he ever do to make you believe he had any class? Seriously.

colleyvillesooner
Win with class lose with class. That easy

SOONER44EVER
10/27/2012, 11:05 PM
Agreed. Blame goes to the coaches on this one. Where did all the blitzes go? getting burnt by play action all night.At least we can't blame Venables. Different coach, same results.

SoonerKnight
10/27/2012, 11:06 PM
I agree wasn't good to do that. He let the other player get in his head. The refs were not calling ND for ****. Even Stoops told the refs to keep it fair. When was the last time you saw Stoops get that fired up?

rainiersooner
10/27/2012, 11:22 PM
I agree wasn't good to do that. He let the other player get in his head. The refs were not calling ND for ****. Even Stoops told the refs to keep it fair. When was the last time you saw Stoops get that fired up?

Last week? :)

TahoeSOONER
10/28/2012, 12:36 AM
Love the passion Kenny but there's a time and place. I don't care if he talked about your mamas cooking all game. Please, we were down big late. STFU and hand the ball to the official. I know it's frustration taking over and y'all gotta jaw all damn game but there's a time and place.

SoonerKnight
10/28/2012, 02:03 AM
Last week? :)

No he got upset last week but I heard the man cus loud enough that it broadcast on T.V. Stoops is usually pretty careful about that. He knows the refs made a stupid call because they were holding us a lot and were not called for it!

VA Sooner
10/28/2012, 07:03 AM
He's a hothead that let his temper get the best of him. Needs to play with a cooler head and finish out the game, winning or not.

Rocker
10/28/2012, 07:09 AM
No Class what so ever.

He has a lot of class.... All of it Low....

That was terrible how he acted.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/28/2012, 07:51 AM
Meh. He showed a lot of fire the whole game... Stuff that everyone says that LJ lacks. He is a competitor and his frustration showed up. This game will sting the rest of his life. Bad move at the end of the game but it was understandable. He didn't take a swing at anyone. He just shoved a guy during a play. BFD.

5noubus
10/28/2012, 11:41 AM
I truthfully haven't seen it yet, we had started to gather the kids and was distracted (and frustrated myself) but I did see the pc clip and he had a bad beaten down attitude - I hated that more than a blow up on the field.
It's a tall order for young adults to play with passion but composure 100% of the time. I'm sure the coaches will get an earful as well stills and he will learn from the mistake.
Keep it classy

canes4ever
10/28/2012, 12:00 PM
Sooners have talent but too one dimenional. When was the last time the Sooners only racked up a total of 40 yards rushing? The longest run was 7 yards? Yes ND has a good run defense but Sooner Oline was just fair.

ELP Sooner
10/28/2012, 03:01 PM
When was the last time you saw Stoops get that fired up?

1. Contract time
2. Complaining about rude callers to his dull coaches show
3. Complaining or belittling the media about dumb questions

When is anyone allowed to question St. Bob? Never

SoonerInFortSmith
10/28/2012, 04:32 PM
When was the last time you saw Stoops get that fired up?

1. Contract time
2. Complaining about rude callers to his dull coaches show
3. Complaining or belittling the media about dumb questions

When is anyone allowed to question St. Bob? Never

You were there for his contract negotiations? That must have been fascinating.

nighttrain12
10/28/2012, 07:21 PM

Not that much since Rhett Bomar spiked the ball inside his own 5 yard line when it looked like OU had wrapped up that bowl game.

birddog
10/28/2012, 07:47 PM
can someone recap what happened plz? didn't see it.

OUTrumpet
10/28/2012, 08:03 PM
To recap: With about 30 seconds left and the injury on the field, d-back for ND #2 got up in Kenny Stills face. Kenny didn't back down, and in fact came back at him. Took a ref to pull the two apart. Kenny kept talking noise till the next play started where they threw deep. They take his TD away. On the fade to the endzone, he punks the dback with a huge shove. Not sure if a flop or a hard shove based on my angle, but it looked like he got knocked back a bit.

I had said after he and the ND defender was mouthing at each other "go deep to Stills" sure enough they do and he backs up his talk with a play.

I wish he would have shown that kind of attitude earlier, minus the penalty for offensive PI. Especially on certain plays. The entire third quarter, if the play was going to the other side of the field, he would WALK on his routes. Not jog. Not speed walk. Just frickin walk.

The entire third quarter you knew the ball wasn't going to his side of the field based on his attitude.

sooneron
10/28/2012, 08:26 PM
I also think the ND players were talking **** when Williams was down. Something seemed to set him off at that point. You can see him keeping Te'o and others away from the staff and DD on the ground. My bet is that he'd had enough, someone said something and that was it, he flew off the handle. He's a kid, it was dumb. Kids do dumb things.

kbsooner21
10/28/2012, 09:50 PM
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Couldn't do anything to make you all happy...

SOONER44EVER
10/28/2012, 09:52 PM
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Couldn't do anything to make you all happy...
I'd be happy if he played like Quinton Griffin. Go score tds, hand the ball back to the ref and keep his mouth shut. Quit acting like some idiot Longhorn.

bluedogok
10/28/2012, 10:03 PM
He reminds me of a typical west coast player, mostly west coast receivers, they just don't seem to know when to shut up and seem to talk just to hear themselves talk. Every game that I seem to watch with a west coast team seems to be filled with these guys. Reminds me of the Washington State receiver mouthing off to Teddy Lehman in the Rose Bowl after a first down and a following play Lehman cleans his clock.

aurorasooner
10/28/2012, 10:29 PM
I didn't see it last night, but switched over from the Bronco/Saints game during our last drive (when ESPiN was replaying the game tonight. [do they ever replay a Sooner win?]) Looked like to me that the ND DB just fell backwards on purpose to give the impression that K.Stills pushed him, and those pitiful Big East Refs fell for it, and threw the flag for offensive PI. Sort of reminded me of that play in the RRR where Colt McCoy just fell down OB in order to draw a flag, and got it.
I don't fault those Big Least refs for calling that one, but (imo) on their earlier pick, the defender definitely get there early and should've been flagged for PI which would've negated the tipped pick.

8timechamps
10/28/2012, 10:36 PM
I didn't see the last couple of minutes, but did ND get called for anything all night?

Mjcpr
10/28/2012, 10:38 PM
1 penalty, 5 yards.

They made no mistakes at all.

sussudio
10/28/2012, 10:52 PM
I had no problem with it... Stills knew we were getting hosed on calls all night, he got pushed over the limit I would of done the same thing.... Notre lame is having one good season which isn't over and there's already an arrogance coming from them and their fan base..

rainiersooner
10/28/2012, 11:14 PM
I didn't see it last night, but switched over from the Bronco/Saints game during our last drive (when ESPiN was replaying the game tonight. [do they ever replay a Sooner win?]) Looked like to me that the ND DB just fell backwards on purpose to give the impression that K.Stills pushed him, and those pitiful Big East Refs fell for it, and threw the flag for offensive PI. Sort of reminded me of that play in the RRR where Colt McCoy just fell down OB in order to draw a flag, and got it.
I don't fault those Big Least refs for calling that one, but (imo) on their earlier pick, the defender definitely get there early and should've been flagged for PI which would've negated the tipped pick.

As we say in soccer, it was a soft foul

rainiersooner
10/28/2012, 11:15 PM
He reminds me of a typical west coast player, mostly west coast receivers, they just don't seem to know when to shut up and seem to talk just to hear themselves talk. Every game that I seem to watch with a west coast team seems to be filled with these guys. Reminds me of the Washington State receiver mouthing off to Teddy Lehman in the Rose Bowl after a first down and a following play Lehman cleans his clock.

Quite the geographical stereotype

rainiersooner
10/28/2012, 11:17 PM
I also think the ND players were talking **** when Williams was down. Something seemed to set him off at that point. You can see him keeping Te'o and others away from the staff and DD on the ground. My bet is that he'd had enough, someone said something and that was it, he flew off the handle. He's a kid, it was dumb. Kids do dumb things.

Exactly how I feel...he got caught up in the "red mist" and at the end of the day got a very soft penalty called on him - at least he seems to care.

HToady
10/29/2012, 08:39 AM
I have no problem with Stills "standing his ground" so to speak.
I don't understand why Stoops would deviate frm his game plan to accomodate Stills.
First and goal from the 1 is supposed to be "Bell runs the ball".
Instead we got nothing. Not that it mattered in the outcome, how does the team feel about this?
Not the usual discipline you would expect.

sooneron
10/29/2012, 08:46 AM
I'd be happy if he played like Quinton Griffin. Go score tds, hand the ball back to the ref and keep his mouth shut. Quit acting like some idiot Longhorn.

Usually, that is what he does. He may make a gesture, but he is always giving the ball to the ref. For the most part, your observation is incorrect.

The ND player flopped like Laimbeer on that play. Kenny barely pushed him.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/29/2012, 09:16 AM
At least we can't blame Venables. Different coach, same results.

The new dumbest post ever. Oklahoma would have lost to Texas Tech yet again if Brent Vulnerables was still around.

OkieThunderLion
10/29/2012, 10:44 AM
Stills took a cheap shot after the whistle, about 3 plays prior, and the refs did nothing about it. That is why he was so fired up. Got to keep your cool though.

OkieThunderLion
10/29/2012, 10:45 AM
The new dumbest post ever. Oklahoma would have lost to Texas Tech yet again if Brent Vulnerables was still around.

OU probably would have beat KSU but lost to Tech, w/ Venables. Texas game would have been the same!

tator
10/29/2012, 11:28 AM
1 penalty, 5 yards.

They made no mistakes at all.

They were almost......righteous.

rainiersooner
10/29/2012, 12:01 PM
They were almost......righteous.

they are God's team after all

SOONER44EVER
10/29/2012, 02:11 PM
The new dumbest post ever. Oklahoma would have lost to Texas Tech yet again if Brent Vulnerables was still around. Dumbest post ever? There's a reason you reputation is all red. My post didn't deal with "ifs" like yours did. What I posted was a fact. The D fell apart in the 4th quarter just like it did when Venables was here.

SOONER44EVER
10/29/2012, 02:13 PM
Usually, that is what he does. He may make a gesture, but he is always giving the ball to the ref. For the most part, your observation is incorrect.

The ND player flopped like Laimbeer on that play. Kenny barely pushed him. He's a showboat. Always has been. He looks the way he does to draw attention to himself plain and simple.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/30/2012, 12:45 AM
Repeating my post from another because I disagree on the crowd comment from the OP...

Well, I was there and I disagree [about the crowd]. The wind didn't truly get sucked out of the stadium until ND kicked the field goal to put them up 23 -13. And even then only a trickle of people started to leave. Most everyone stayed 'til the final gun, for one thing.

But otherwise, the place was rocking through the first quarter and most of the first half. But it was growing increasingly frustrated, particularly with the game plan that was insisting on run after run between the tackles. And you could hear the crowd giving a collective WTF. But when we were on defense, trust me, the crowd got after it, and was making communication next to impossible for ND. But it was equally clear that ND was very well prepared for it. And I'll tell you the TV timeouts really bailed ND out a couple of times giving them the chance to regroup and convert 3rd downs.

And when we converted that touchdown to tie it up, the place erupted and was rocking again... right up to the 50-yard dagger. And then, yeah, everyone was more holding their breath than getting into it.

It wasn't 2000 NU and it wasn't 2008 TT, but it was better than pretty much any other game in a long time. I'd put it on par with the '03 "Let'er rip!" oSu game.

Look.. there's no question it was very frustrating night. And you could feel it in the crowd with the ebb and flow of the game. But IMO, the crowd showed and did a great job supporting the team.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/30/2012, 08:35 AM
OU probably would have beat KSU but lost to Tech, w/ Venables. Texas game would have been the same!

Given that OU held KSU to less than half of their average scoring output, the Sooner defense did their job. The Sooner offense on the other hand, well, we know the issues there in that game.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/30/2012, 08:38 AM
Dumbest post ever? There's a reason you reputation is all red. My post didn't deal with "ifs" like yours did. What I posted was a fact. The D fell apart in the 4th quarter just like it did when Venables was here.

The reputation meter is not because I make dumb posts like you, it's because I criticize Landry, but anyway. And the post didn't deal with "ifs" when there is a clear trend of failures by Brent Venables defenses. Mike Stoops has greatly improved the Sooner defense despite having less talent than what Brent Venables did last season. You should go pull for Clemson.

starclassic tama
10/30/2012, 10:51 AM
it looked to me like stills was flipping out on the sidelines because the one time all game they throw a go route to him down the sidelines he burns his man and makes about a 35 yard catch, but it was meaningless... he was giving norvell an earful. i'm sure he was saying where was that all game? and i can't blame him for that

JiuJitsuSooner
10/30/2012, 12:33 PM
I like Kenny's fire/competiveness... Wish more of the players were like him!!

madillsoonerfan5353
10/30/2012, 12:34 PM
#4 Stills = #4 Malcolm Kelly

MamaMia
10/30/2012, 12:49 PM
No way am I going to judge Kenny on one thing like that. We don't know the specifics, nor do we know what was going through his head, and frankly its none of our business. I do know that he wanted to win this game with every fiber of his being. He bleeds Crimson and Cream and plays his heart out. Some people really need to chill.

MamaMia
10/30/2012, 12:58 PM
Repeating my post from another because I disagree on the crowd comment from the OP...

Well, I was there and I disagree [about the crowd]. The wind didn't truly get sucked out of the stadium until ND kicked the field goal to put them up 23 -13. And even then only a trickle of people started to leave. Most everyone stayed 'til the final gun, for one thing.

But otherwise, the place was rocking through the first quarter and most of the first half. But it was growing increasingly frustrated, particularly with the game plan that was insisting on run after run between the tackles. And you could hear the crowd giving a collective WTF. But when we were on defense, trust me, the crowd got after it, and was making communication next to impossible for ND. But it was equally clear that ND was very well prepared for it. And I'll tell you the TV timeouts really bailed ND out a couple of times giving them the chance to regroup and convert 3rd downs.

And when we converted that touchdown to tie it up, the place erupted and was rocking again... right up to the 50-yard dagger. And then, yeah, everyone was more holding their breath than getting into it.

It wasn't 2000 NU and it wasn't 2008 TT, but it was better than pretty much any other game in a long time. I'd put it on par with the '03 "Let'er rip!" oSu game.

Look.. there's no question it was very frustrating night. And you could feel it in the crowd with the ebb and flow of the game. But IMO, the crowd showed and did a great job supporting the team.
You detailed that very well. Exactly what I experience where we were. The vendor said they collectively brought and sold 50 thousand white jackets and hoodies during the 1st half. Thats a lot of white there. :D

Curly Bill
10/30/2012, 01:03 PM
The reputation meter is not because I make dumb posts like you, it's because I criticize Landry, but anyway. And the post didn't deal with "ifs" when there is a clear trend of failures by Brent Venables defenses. Mike Stoops has greatly improved the Sooner defense despite having less talent than what Brent Venables did last season. You should go pull for Clemson.

If you got turned red for criticizing ol "empty eyes" I'll turn you back green! ;)