PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATS NOTRE DAME!!!

ELP Sooner
10/27/2012, 10:27 PM
Great win. Way to nut it up after OU tied it up and had all the momentum. Looks like a special season for you guys. Good luck the rest of the way.

jk the sooner fan
10/27/2012, 10:27 PM
helluva defense they put on the field - they're much better than i believed

8timechamps
10/27/2012, 10:28 PM
Well said ELP, they earned this one.

I didn't give them the credit they deserve, consider me convinced. Great defense.

EatLeadCommie
10/27/2012, 10:30 PM
They earned it, but I'm raging pissed...at Heupel abandoning the pass, at the officials...well at all the stuff you're usually pissed at after a loss. 30 points to that offense? That's truly offensive.

agoo758
10/27/2012, 10:41 PM
I don't wish Notre Dame the best the rest of this season. Pulling for K-State to play the NC, and the fewer undefeated teams, the better/

MyT Oklahoma
10/27/2012, 10:43 PM
Congrats to the visitors. They won. We lost and that doesn't happen often in Norman.

UTsucks
10/27/2012, 10:43 PM
Congrats ND!

Not much else to say.

agoo758
10/27/2012, 10:44 PM
Congrats to the visitors. They won. We lost and that doesn't happen often in Norman.

It has lately.....

trwxxa
10/27/2012, 10:45 PM
I am convinced. Congrats to the domers.

goingoneight
10/27/2012, 10:46 PM
This loss stings... but we lost to a better team. Mistakes, bad calls, bad play calling... whatever you want to blame... it doesn't hide the fact that ND came in here and hit us like a ton of bricks.

Widescreen
10/27/2012, 10:47 PM

Do you realize we are 3-3 in our last 6 home games (not including FCS FAMU)?

tooslow
10/27/2012, 10:49 PM
I'm convinced ND is better than we are, but they are not a top 5 team. I said it before, and I still believe it, we will lose 3-4 games this year. As you can see by the red, not a lot of people side with my "opinion."

Gilligan
10/27/2012, 10:51 PM
Time to BENCH LANDRY for the YEAR and let BELL finish the season... since he will be the QB next year

rainiersooner
10/27/2012, 10:52 PM
Norte dame represents everything that is wrong with america. F@ck 'em

Gilligan
10/27/2012, 10:52 PM

Time to BENCH LANDRY for the YEAR and let BELL finish the season... since he will be the QB next year

Gilligan
10/27/2012, 10:53 PM

Boomer.....
10/27/2012, 10:58 PM
Here come the trolls.

BlownGP
10/27/2012, 10:59 PM
I'm convinced ND is better than we are, but they are not a top 5 team. I said it before, and I still believe it, we will lose 3-4 games this year. As you can see by the red, not a lot of people side with my "opinion."

I believe that if the rest of teams we play have a defense, but they dont. So we should win the rest of them.

winout
10/27/2012, 11:06 PM

Not true. They don't take shortcuts and ask alot of their student players. They have an advantage from many years of good football and a recruiter at every Mass. It's something few public universities could emulate.

picasso
10/27/2012, 11:09 PM
Good lord go coach your 4th grade team.

winout
10/27/2012, 11:12 PM
Not true. They don't take shortcuts and ask alot of their student players. They have an advantage from many years of good football and a recruiter at every Mass. It's something few public universities could emulate.

We need about 4 borens in a row.

rainiersooner
10/27/2012, 11:12 PM

Let's bench all the seniors while we are at it

rainiersooner
10/27/2012, 11:15 PM

I had to go to a catholic high school I am allowed to hate notre dame if I want....

sooneredaco
10/27/2012, 11:16 PM
Let's bench all the seniors while we are at it

Hmmmm.... You may be onto something :rolleyes:

picasso
10/27/2012, 11:17 PM
I had to go to a catholic high school I am allowed to hate notre dame if I want....

:fat:

BoulderSooner79
10/27/2012, 11:19 PM

You've said it 3 times and you're still WRONG. Maybe more posts will help....

basel90
10/27/2012, 11:41 PM

Agreed.. But stoops won't do it . It will devastate Landry, and stoops still thinks Landry is our best option. Landry is probably better as he has the reps and experience. I just wish stoops gave bell more reps.

colleyvillesooner
10/27/2012, 11:56 PM
I'm the biggest Landry supporter, but seriously, what is the point now of not prepping for next year? No big 12 title, no NC hopes. Only thing left is next year.

VA Sooner
10/27/2012, 11:58 PM
Good game plan by the Irish and well-executed. Their middle linebacker is very impressive and gave their offense the ball back time and time again. Hats off to them for the team win. We're decent... just got beat by a better team.

Moving on to Iowa State...

picasso
10/28/2012, 12:04 AM
I'm the biggest Landry supporter, but seriously, what is the point now of not prepping for next year? No big 12 title, no NC hopes. Only thing left is next year.
You serious Clark?

winout
10/28/2012, 12:06 AM
Good game plan by the Irish and well-executed. Their middle linebacker is very impressive and gave their offense the ball back time and time again. Hats off to them for the team win. We're decent... just got beat by a better team.

Moving on to Iowa State...

I think the problem is, we are never going to beat a good team. See BCS games.

OUInformant
10/28/2012, 12:10 AM
We just don't have elite players. We are in the 10-15 range most likely. I wish we could compete with the Alabama's and LSU's of the world, but we can't. Stoops is just not that good of a coach. It's possible that one of these years it may happen, but not consistently. Bob Stoops's reputation still relies heavily on what he did back in 2000.

IslandSooner
10/28/2012, 12:21 AM
Agreed... We are a top 10ish (maybe lower some years) team at best and will need some crazy sh@t to happen to win it all again.

Funky G
10/28/2012, 12:24 AM
We just don't have elite players. We are in the 10-15 range most likely. I wish we could compete with the Alabama's and LSU's of the world, but we can't. Stoops is just not that good of a coach. It's possible that one of these years it may happen, but not consistently. Bob Stoops's reputation still relies heavily on what he did back in 2000.

Boom!

TahoeSOONER
10/28/2012, 12:46 AM

Oh my...how much more consistant can a coach be? Have you witnessed anything the past 13 years?

Anywhoooo...congrats to the Domers. That defense is special and you kept our offense off balanced or off the field with some serious ball control in the 2nd half. I've never felt more comfortable going into a game and y'all just straight took the heart out of this team.

SCSoonerfan
10/28/2012, 01:11 AM
As much as I hate ND, they outplayed us tonight. Congrats and see you next year. We will be looking for Payback.

SoonerKnight
10/28/2012, 02:06 AM
gret all that **** talking last week and I lost money to a co-worker. At least he is a decent guy to give a few bucks to but I hate that! Last time I bet on OU was OU vs Florida St. 2000 :D

SoonerKnight
10/28/2012, 02:08 AM

Apparently you have not seen OU/Stoops own the BigXII and get into more BCS championship games than any other coach! WOW! Just WOW!

SoonerKnight
10/28/2012, 02:10 AM

Landry Did fine we had a chance and we needed the D to step up and they did not!

hawaii 5-0
10/28/2012, 05:15 AM
I sounded like the stafium fans coulda made more noise.

Those Badgers at Camp Randall know how to yell. (yeah, I know they lost at home, too.)

5-0

The_Red_Patriot
10/28/2012, 09:03 AM
They were the better team. No excuses. They came into Norman and shut us down. Looks like it's go Wildcats!

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 09:06 AM
I sounded like the stafium fans coulda made more noise.

Those Badgers at Camp Randall know how to yell. (yeah, I know they lost at home, too.)

5-0

I don't think you can judge crowd noise by watching on television. I have watched Texas A&M games where the crowd sounded loud and others when thei crowd wasn't noticeable. I think it depends on how much crowwd noise the broadcasters allow into the audio feed.

tooslow
10/28/2012, 10:29 AM
You serious Clark?

LOL! Thanks for the laugh. I've used that quote many times. :)

StoopTroup
10/28/2012, 10:49 AM

Yep. I got to see them get off the bus and walk into OUr Stadium. They are a class act. Kelly? Still don't like him but when he's Coaching a Team team against The Sooners, I'm not going to send him a Christmas Gift either. :D

Last night OU Showed why Memorial Stadium and The Sooners are a legitimate threat at Home and know how to host a huge Game like this one was. ND showed they are a legit Football Team and I think they have some weaknesses but we definitely didn't exploit them.

Last night has me itching for more and I hope to make the trip to South Bend next year. They just had our number for the 2nd time Bob has Coached OUr Sooners against the Irish. I would have liked to take them down a notch last night but they showed just how tough they can be. They deserve the Congrats but I want to be there every time we get a chance to play them from here until the day we return the favor.

Our Guys should be proud of themselves....they played and came up short against one of the best Teams in the nation this year. We are not a slouch but they know how to take a punch.

It's not easy to say they were impressive but they were impressive.

StoopTroup
10/28/2012, 01:06 PM

I think we do a pretty good job of it. We have watched Bob send some pretty good talent packing that other Coaches might have fought for even if it hurt their Program. If Bob hadn't sent Bhett Romar packing....it's plausible that Sam Bradford wouldn't have even gotten a look until Romar either got hurt or developed hemorrhoids selling cars.