PDA

View Full Version : lost to a better team

JLEW1818
10/27/2012, 10:19 PM
That's all.

Javon Harris is horrible, and shouldn't have played for the last two years.

soonerfan69
10/27/2012, 10:24 PM
It helps when you bring your own refs

Boomer.....
10/27/2012, 10:25 PM
They were the better team, and Harris was not to blame.

SoonerMagicinGA
10/27/2012, 10:26 PM
I agree. This loss hurts but I can take it. We had our chances. We just got beat by a better team tonight, unlike KSU.

8timechamps
10/27/2012, 10:26 PM
I'll say that Javon had a really bad night, and he is the weak link on our defense. I won't call him horrible, but he certainly wasn't great.

All in all, we lost to a better team. I was proud of the way we played most of the night. Just got beat.

It'll sting for a week, then on to the next one. Boomer Sooner!

jk the sooner fan
10/27/2012, 10:29 PM
They were the better team, and Harris was not to blame.

this

SOONER44EVER
10/27/2012, 10:29 PM
We lost to a better team with more fire and heart and discipline.

TahoeSOONER
10/27/2012, 10:30 PM
We lost to the more physical team and give them credit for running the ball, long drives, and doing the little things to beat our ***.

1. They got a nasty Dline

2. We couldn't run the ball

3. I knew they played D but to get beat by a team with that offense? Ugh

aero
10/27/2012, 10:33 PM
It will never change... defense wins championships. Their defense is good. Better than ours. Give Mike another year, maybe two but I think 1, and he'll have what we need. Congrats to Notre Dame. They seem to be our kryptonite.

soonercastor
10/27/2012, 10:34 PM
It will never change... defense wins championships. Their defense is good. Better than ours. Give Mike another year, maybe two but I think 1, and he'll have what we need. Congrats to Notre Dame. They seem to be our kryptonite.

Yeah but the defense didn't lose this game man.

8timechamps
10/27/2012, 10:35 PM
We lost to the more physical team and give them credit for running the ball, long drives, and doing the little things to beat our ***.

1. They got a nasty Dline

2. We couldn't run the ball

3. I knew they played D but to get beat by a team with that offense? Ugh

Yeah, that's the one part that stings the most. I don't know why, it shouldn't...teams come in and play the best they've played all season against us. That's what happened when you have the target on your back.

NOW, I'M starting a movement to get KSU and ND to the national title game!!!! That could help ease the pain.

Breadburner
10/27/2012, 10:37 PM
This one is not on the D....

SOONER44EVER
10/27/2012, 10:37 PM
They gave up an awful lot of points in the 4th quarter...............just like everyone bitched about Venables defenses doing.

MyT Oklahoma
10/27/2012, 10:39 PM
I agree. This loss hurts but I can take it. We had our chances. We just got beat by a better team tonight, unlike KSU.

I respectfully disagree. I for one do not want to play Kansas State again this year.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/27/2012, 10:39 PM
No turnovers, no sacks..As careless as their quarterback was running the ball...D played well, but too many 3rd and 3s and 4s that were easy to convert..I wonder how many 3rd and 7 plus downs OU had them in...Lots of check downs on offense with WRs not even looking for the ball on deeper routes.

THat INT really looked like PI to me but what do I know..

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/27/2012, 10:41 PM
That's all.

Javon Harris is horrible, and shouldn't have played for the last two years.

Sigh. The guy is in a lose/lose position here. If he doesn't slam hard on the run, they get 8 yards because we have no linebackers. If he does slam hard, then it is his fault that Hurst got beat so bad that he turned around. I thought he played pretty well considering.

Okie35
10/27/2012, 10:45 PM
I've been wondering why Harris has been playing ever since Jacory Harris threw all over him years ago.

rainiersooner
10/27/2012, 10:46 PM

Discipline on some plays, I agree...fire and heart? What does that even mean? They played hard...nd beat us on both lines, they probably just had players.

BlownGP
10/27/2012, 10:46 PM
Yeah but the defense didn't lose this game man.

I agree except for two plays. And those two changed the game.

BoulderSooner79
10/27/2012, 10:48 PM
They were better and were stronger in the trenches on both sides of the ball. They didn't make many mistakes.

Our guys played hard and didn't many mistakes either, but they were all critical.

TT, UT and of course Kansas were not that good and this is what it looks like to play a talented team. At least we know what would have happened had we somehow slipped through an played 'Bama. We're not ready for that yet. I do think if we can have a couple of good recruiting class for lineman, out D will be scary again with Mike at the helm.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/27/2012, 10:50 PM
I agree except for two plays. And those two changed the game.

The first play (the long run) was 90% on corey nelson and 10% on tony jefferson (i'm being kind here as he took the play off).

JLEW1818
10/27/2012, 10:50 PM
Did we touch their QB at all? Did ND commit a penality? Hmm

Indy Sooner
10/27/2012, 10:51 PM
Better O and D lines and better playcalling.

picasso
They were better and were stronger in the trenches on both sides of the ball. They didn't make many mistakes.

Our guys played hard and didn't many mistakes either, but they were all critical.

TT, UT and of course Kansas were not that good and this is what it looks like to play a talented team. At least we know what would have happened had we somehow slipped through an played 'Bama. We're not ready for that yet. I do think if we can have a couple of good recruiting class for lineman, out D will be scary again with Mike at the helm.
Yeah this eases the sting of the ksu loss, although we really should have won that one.

zeke
The best team won tonight.

Played more physical and had a very good plan.
You HAVE to be able to run the ball. Period. Going 3 for 14 on 3rd down tells the story.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/27/2012, 10:53 PM

If you read the board at any point except losses, you'd know why we get no pressure. We HAVE to have our best run stopping DEs in because our LBs suck. I mean seriously, for 8 years now people on this board have been screaming for more man defense and I don't see one person criticizing the fact that man defenses allow teams to scheme yards (which they did all night long). I'm not even going to get into how much easier a man D is to read for a RS FR over a zone, but whatevs. It is all X players fault...

BlownGP
10/27/2012, 10:56 PM
The first play (the long run) was 90% on corey nelson and 10% on tony jefferson (i'm being kind here as he took the play off).

They still play on defense right? :smug:
The defense played great for the most and gave the offense many chances to score points

He reminded me of RG3 (not even close to his level), it's really almost impossible to defend especially if they can pass well on the run.
You have to have a very good disciplined defense.

blacktop
10/27/2012, 10:56 PM
Mike will make OUr D scary but we better find some more O linemen or we will never cram the ball down a good team's throat. We need O linemen and lots of them. I am looking forward to going to ND next year for a payback. Boomer!

sooneredaco
10/27/2012, 10:57 PM
That's all.

I agree

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/27/2012, 10:57 PM
They still play on defense right? :smug:
The defense played great for the most and gave the offense many chances to score points

I thought you were responding to the Javon Harris stuff. This board has a funny way of hanging blame on the wrong players. Honestly, I'm surprised it isn't somehow DJ Wolfe's fault.

VMG
10/27/2012, 11:04 PM
Dropped passes (at least five), errant center snaps (2), and an assortment of other things. Can do those against the sisters of the poor and get away with it -- not against good teams where mistakes make the difference.

Landry played well. This one wasn't on him at all.

JLEW1818
10/28/2012, 09:37 AM
How many rushing yards did we have?

bluedogok
10/28/2012, 10:00 AM
He got hit hard on one run, enough to get him out of the game for a play. The backup QB (and senior and former starter) made a play on third down to get a first down.

The only penalty ND had was the one where the NG ran over the center.

As previously stated, the lines have to improve to play at this level. They also have to improve to get to a balanced offense, the meerkat, dink and dunk with a shot down field offense is needed to protect a mediocre (and patched together) offensive line. I would prefer to go to a more balanced attack to minimize mistakes and because that does seem to take pressure off the QB to have to make plays. The defense has improved but the lack of play makers at LB hurts the line and the back end.

I Am Right
10/28/2012, 10:03 AM
Smoke Blowers

JLEW1818
10/28/2012, 09:22 PM
how many yards/first downs b4 we hit him that time?

sussudio
10/29/2012, 12:35 AM

If you mean the refs then you are correct....

PrideMom
10/29/2012, 08:40 AM
OU needed to get the ball first in the the third quarter, that is where they usually start scoring. I thought the game plan was too conservative, should have thrown some deep balls. Maybe Mike Stoops will recruit bigger linemen......

FaninAma
10/29/2012, 10:23 AM
They gave up an awful lot of points in the 4th quarter...............just like everyone bitched about Venables defenses doing.

Really? They gave up the long pass. The other 10 points were after ND was set up deep in OU territory.

odontia
10/29/2012, 02:12 PM
The third down play after their starting qb was hurt is my major beef with the coaching staff. I was yelling through the tv before the snap to put two, three, all eleven people on their #80 tight end. I have watched five plays throughout the year of Notre Dame and I know that the back up quarterback only throws to the tight end. You make them punt and the long pass play does not happen.

SOONER44EVER
10/29/2012, 02:17 PM
Really? They gave up the long pass. The other 10 points were after ND was set up deep in OU territory.
I remember Venables teams giving up 1 TD in the 4th quarter and everyone railing on him for not making the big stop when he needed to. I'm just saying the exact same thing happened against ND.

cyclonesooner
10/29/2012, 11:38 PM
As a defensive back, you learn it in the 7th grade. PLAY THE PASS FIRST ! Duh !!!!