PDA

View Full Version : I read the lips of the ref after TJ's hit on Golson

Seamus
10/27/2012, 09:27 PM
He said:

"Oh, sh**! Everett's hurt! OK, guys, we need to step it up with the calls, but nothing too obvious!"

BoulderSooner79
10/27/2012, 10:53 PM
Refs did a good job tonight.

doctorjj
10/27/2012, 11:14 PM
Refs did a good job tonight.

Hahaha!! Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Eielson
10/27/2012, 11:51 PM
I didn't like the interception call, but I don't remember having a big complaint about any other call. That's a rarity for me when we lose.

Curly Bill
10/27/2012, 11:52 PM
It was obvious the interception was an interception. I have more trouble with that supposed holding call that took away our first TD.

Seamus
10/27/2012, 11:54 PM
that holding call was bull****.

Eielson
10/28/2012, 12:00 AM
that holding call was bull****.

Everybody was celebrating the touchdown, so we really didn't see that one. I'll give you that one.

Did anybody else think we might have gotten away with one or two defensive pass interferences? In one of those last drives it looked like we got in a little early. Might've just been perfectly timed, though.

BoulderSooner79
10/28/2012, 12:57 AM
The holding call was ticky-tack if it was the one they circled - but I've certainly seen those called. The sad thing was that Bell was 3-4 yards outside the defense already striding into the endzone. That player would not have laid a finger on Bell if he had been unblocked.

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 01:02 AM
The holding play looked so suspect because they called it so late.

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 01:02 AM
What happened on the interception? Did the OU receiver just bobble it or was he being held?

BoulderSooner79
10/28/2012, 01:17 AM
What happened on the interception? Did the OU receiver just bobble it or was he being help?

Saunders had a guy draped all over him from behind. I never got a good look to see if it should have been a PI call like others have claimed. I had no doubts the INT would stand upon replay - looked pretty clear to me.

SoCalBigRed
10/28/2012, 01:34 AM
Really? Have they found the flag, or the official that called the infraction on the phantom hold, erasing OUr TD? How about, exactly who and where the infraction was?

The INT would stand? Amazing. I always thought, when the ball hits forearm, ground, thigh, hands... its down. Maybe that's just me.

Sure, give it up to ND for playing "composed", but we got jobbed by the refs. No other way to spin it. I hold honesty as a pretty high quality. Anyone that denies that horse@#$%... well. Draw you own conclusions.

hawaii 5-0
10/28/2012, 02:15 AM
I would have like to have heard an explanation of the two illegal formation penalties on punts.

I doubt it was something much different than we'd been doing all season.

5-0

OU_Sooners75
10/28/2012, 02:23 AM
We had 5 in the backfield twice. That's illegal formation.

Replay shows it was a foot of a player that was suppose to be on the line. They were ppetty and did not give OU any advantages.

Overall thegame was fun, outcome sucked. And I'm really not all that pissed about it. Would have liked some different things happen of course. But it doesn't sting.

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 02:36 AM
Apparently the Big East is still pissed that we took WVU and TCU from them and helped turn their league into the current version of Conference USA.

LASooner
10/28/2012, 03:33 AM
The top of the ball touched the ground and was still bouncing around in his hands. Not an interception.

Sooners78
10/28/2012, 05:48 AM
Holding call was fine, just sucks that they called it on that play. ND was doing that much holding on almost every play. Did they ever get called for it? I don't remember any, in fact, did they have any penalties?

doctorjj
10/28/2012, 07:30 AM
The only penalty ND had was when they rolled our center before the snap. The ref's couldn't not call that one. Other than that they got away with a lot and got every break ref-wise.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/28/2012, 07:48 AM
The top of the ball touched the ground and was still bouncing around in his hands. Not an interception.

This!

sooneron
10/28/2012, 08:50 AM
Apparently the Big East is still pissed that we took WVU and TCU from them and helped turn their league into the current version of Conference USA.

But C-USA has more teams.

cleller
10/28/2012, 08:58 AM
Overall thegame was fun, outcome sucked. And I'm really not all that pissed about it. Would have liked some different things happen of course. But it doesn't sting.

What did you take to make you so numb all over, and enjoy the game? I need some. Feel like a fell into a hornets nest.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/28/2012, 04:09 PM
I didn't like the interception call, but I don't remember having a big complaint about any other call. That's a rarity for me when we lose.looked like defensive pass interference. Should have been a penalty on domer rather than an interception.

EatLeadCommie
10/28/2012, 04:16 PM
It was obvious the interception was an interception. I have more trouble with that supposed holding call that took away our first TD.

Say what? It was clear as day on the replay that it was anything but an interception.

ELP Sooner
10/28/2012, 04:30 PM
What did you take to make you so numb all over, and enjoy the game? I need some. Feel like a fell into a hornets nest.

Knowing what OU is and where the program is at. The program is dying and I do not think Stoops will turn it around. Enjoy the attention and teams thinking beating OU is a big deal. Pretty soon they wont.

Curly Bill
10/28/2012, 04:47 PM
Say what? It was clear as day on the replay that it was anything but an interception.

Not if you know the rules.

EatLeadCommie
10/28/2012, 04:49 PM
Not if you know the rules.

Do the rules say the ball can hit the ground and be an interception? Because they don't say that if you're the receiver catching the ball.

LASooner
10/28/2012, 10:45 PM
If the ball is firmly in the grasp of the receiver and touches the ground but is maintained in the grasp through the play it can be a catch, but the ball touched the ground and squirted around in his hands down to his waist, and then was controlled. It should never have been called a catch.

8timechamps
10/28/2012, 10:57 PM
I still can't completely understand the interception being upheld, but given that he appeared to have control going to the ground, I could at least understand that it was a 50/50 shot that it would be upheld. I even agree that the hold (that called back the TD) was a hold. What I find utterly amazing is that not one time was ND called for holding (unless it happened in the last 2 minutes). How in the hell were they so ticky tack on OU, and not ND?!

If you're going to make those kinds of calls, then go both ways. I think that's what had Stoops so pissed off.

Seamus
10/28/2012, 11:00 PM
On the broadcast, sort of early into Stoops' reaming of the side (?) judge, you could hear him plead, "At least be fair."

BoomerJack
10/28/2012, 11:07 PM
Saunders had a guy draped all over him from behind. I never got a good look to see if it should have been a PI call like others have claimed. I had no doubts the INT would stand upon replay - looked pretty clear to me.

I agree. If that pass had dropped harmlessly to the ground, Musburger & Herbstreit would have been talking about that non-call. But because of the INT, they couldn't stop creaming their pants over the INT by their storybook Heisman candidate.

goingoneight
10/29/2012, 12:32 AM
I have nothing against T'eo for the play. He's an outstanding guy and player... but I do take issue with having HD video with a perfect angle showing the ball touching the ground... taking five minutes to review a seven second-play and still ruling it an INT. Not saying OU wins. Not saying Te'o doesn't strip the ball out of Kenny Stills on the next play. Not even saying that Tuitt doesn't rumble in with a pick-6 after we tie the game... but that interception call is without a doubt bullsh!t. If that was an interception, then Juaqin Iglesias would like to have a word with the officials who called his one-hopper INCOMPLETE against Colorado in 2007. I'll bet Bob Stoops would like to revisit that, as well... seeing as how the Colorado loss kept us out of the MNC game since it was to an unranked team. Not unlike LSU losing to Arkansas and Kentucky in the same fashion.

Again, I'm not even saying the ND folks were in the review officials pockets or anything like that. I'm just tired of seeing officials with clear shots on plays deliberately blowing these calls like they don't matter. It's their job... they need to quit ****ing up the calls that are clear as day.

OkieThunderLion
10/29/2012, 10:51 AM
From another board...

"170+ plays
only 1 hold call - negates OU TD
only 1 P.I. call - negates OU TD

missed hold on long ND TD run
missed P.I. on ND INT"

PujolsFan
10/29/2012, 01:12 PM
From another board...

"170+ plays

missed P.I. on ND INT"

^ THIS!!

SoonerMarkVA
10/29/2012, 01:36 PM
From another board...

"170+ plays

missed P.I. on ND INT"

That about sums it up. This was a crapfest from the refs. A complete joke.

Prodigal
10/29/2012, 11:00 PM
The interception was caused by the receiver being hit well before the ball got there. It was obvious.

The interception was pretty amazing in that he did a great job of keeping control of that thing and NOT letting it hit the ground AGAIN AFTER THE FACT THAT THE FIRST TIME IT HIT THE GROUND THE FORCE OF THE GROUND CAUSED IT TO POP OUT OF HIS HANDS BEFORE HE REGAINED CONTROL OF IT. It was NOT an interception but once called on the field it I doubted it would be overturned.

No problem with the holding call as long as they were calling them that way all game on both sides. The problem is that it was one of a couple of calls appeared to have been made specifically because of the outcome of the play.

StoopTroup
10/29/2012, 11:14 PM
On the broadcast, sort of early into Stoops' reaming of the side (?) judge, you could hear him plead, "At least be fair."

Exactly. It's clear as day. Even the announcers are still wondering Who the Hell the call was on. Also that you could have called holding on both sides all Night. If you are going to let it go all night then don't call it when we score and let it go when they score.

I think there are plenty of OU Fans who are still sore about some calls that led to us having a much different season than if the calls had been fair on both sides of the ball throughout an entire game. Oregon and Tech come to mind and I'm thinking this game can be put on the list now because of two calls Saturday Night. Of course we still should be able to overcome those calls but they sure do sting when you know we could have taken them to the woodshed and didn't. They played a good well disciplined game and came out on top.