PDA

View Full Version : this crowd is NOT 2008 Tech

colleyvillesooner
10/27/2012, 08:12 PM
Why people aren't going bananas is beyond me.

MyT Oklahoma
10/27/2012, 08:17 PM
I agree.

KABOOKIE
10/27/2012, 08:22 PM
This team needs to start playing like its 2008 first.

KABOOKIE
10/27/2012, 08:24 PM
Offensive play calling is turrible

EatLeadCommie
10/27/2012, 08:40 PM
64 yard run up the gut tends to take the steam out of the crowd, as does running for 2 yards on 1st and 2nd down

agoo758
10/27/2012, 08:42 PM
Are you suprised? When your team has a QB who hasn't learned to not throw it behind your receivers on every play after four ****ing years. It's pretty hard to get excited.

winout
10/27/2012, 08:44 PM
Are you suprised? When your team has a QB who hasn't learned to not throw it behind your receivers on every play after four ****ing years. It's pretty hard to get excited.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Rarely is does he hit them on the run.

As far as crowd goes, hopefully they are pacing themselves and will bring it second half.

MyT Oklahoma
10/27/2012, 08:44 PM

Yes and no. When I am at an OU game I never wait for the team to get fired up. I get fired up and make noise.

So it's time for this lame crowd to get with it.

colleyvillesooner
10/27/2012, 08:51 PM

Yes and no. When I am at an OU game I never wait for the team to get fired up. I get fired up and make noise.

So it's time for this lame crowd to get with it.

Exactly. Blue hairs around us need 3rd and long to get pumped. **** ND. **** THE IRISH. we are playing into their hand.

KABOOKIE
10/27/2012, 08:55 PM
The 2008 crowd would have been just as bad if 2008 TT game was this bad. The crowd was only crazy then because OU went up quick and then poured it on.

nighttrain12
10/27/2012, 08:56 PM
It sounds like quite a few Irish fans in the crowd.

MyT Oklahoma
10/27/2012, 08:56 PM
Yeah there are way too many John McCain types at the game. You know, the kind of people who would rather be politically correct in defeat than just concentrate on winning.

KABOOKIE
10/27/2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah the crowd ain't giving up huge yards on the ground

colleyvillesooner
10/27/2012, 09:29 PM
The bulldozer non TD killed the crowd. If you can't get loud for 1st and 2nd down, go home.

Seamus
10/27/2012, 09:41 PM
This crowd sucks ballsack. I'm making more ****ing noise in my living room, and I'm one person.

Jeebus, even Musberger is calling out the crowd.

Anyone that doesn't go home with a sore throat is a *****.

KABOOKIE
10/27/2012, 09:42 PM
Face it. This team and coaching staff is royally screwing the pooch tonight. Crowd can't play the game.

KABOOKIE
10/27/2012, 09:43 PM
The crowd just forced a timeout. Hope the defense can make a stop

colleyvillesooner
10/27/2012, 09:44 PM
Face it. This team and coaching staff is royally screwing the pooch tonight. Crowd can't play the game.

True, but they can not suck ****ing dik

Seriously, only 3rd and long gets the crowd fired up. Über pathetic

KABOOKIE
10/27/2012, 09:45 PM
Funny how the loudest people always stay at home.

Seamus
10/27/2012, 10:05 PM
Funny how I live 2,500 miles away and couldn't drop thousands on tickets.

colleyvillesooner
10/27/2012, 10:15 PM
People pouring out of the west side only needing a stop and a TD. **** this.

missann
10/27/2012, 10:40 PM

Yep. Like the announcers said, seems like LJ's been the starter for 6 or more yrs. I look forward to getting excited about the season again.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/27/2012, 10:41 PM
Typical OU crowd...If they had struggled with TT in 2008 early, I bet that crowd would have not been near as rowdy either.

MyT Oklahoma
10/27/2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah the crowds that can't make noise blow. I have nothing more to say for those who can't make noise. Why do they even bother going to home games other than to take up space?

cleller
10/28/2012, 12:14 AM
I was there, the crowd was top notch for a few minutes, then the bad snap hit. It was a body blow. We all knew what it foretold. I kept it up, but probably 40% of the folks around me cooled off fast after the botched first series, then the ND 62 yard run. The moment was lost.

soonertodd
10/28/2012, 06:20 AM
i was there too and the crowd sucked.it was never like the tech or 2000 Neb game,even at kickoff. hell we were down 14-0 against neb and the crowd was in it. i felt like a lone warrior where i was,sure when they had 3rd down people stood,but less than half were trying to be loud.at the tech game i never sat down,and neither did my section

when you see defensive players and coaches throwing their hands up to get the crowd going,it says it all. when we get a bad snap,or have a bad play on D thats when WE should get even LOUDER! and to the people that started leaving after the so called int,F U!! are you kidding?!? all we needed was a stop and a TD and we are goin to OT! i have said it before and i'll say it again,i think they should have tryouts to get season tickets,the louder and more crazy fans get the better seats.if you cant stand or make a lotta noise just stay home,you would be doing the team a favor. i wanna see 85 thousand crazed fans there,like Duke basketball. i know the team could have played a lot better,but so could have the fans that were there. now,i gotta find something for my throat,i cant talk.

SoonerCLF
10/28/2012, 08:31 AM
I felt that it was as loud as it was for Tech in '08, maybe not as much early in the game because we weren't up by 20 in the 1st quarter.

Then again it could be just the section in the Northeast corner near the field where I'm at, but with the north end zone and the student section right there we were bringing a lot of noise on "every" down. In the Tech game people were only getting loud for some 2nd and 3rd down plays after we were up by a huge margin.

Maybe they need to re-arrange the field mic's closer to the north end of the stadium so you crowd noise aficionados can tweak your EQ's... :boxing:

My throat's sore, I have no voice.. I hope yours is the same from your couch at home.

cleller
10/28/2012, 08:47 AM
i was there too and the crowd sucked.it was never like the tech or 2000 Neb game,even at kickoff. hell we were down 14-0 against neb and the crowd was in it. i felt like a lone warrior where i was,sure when they had 3rd down people stood,but less than half were trying to be loud.at the tech game i never sat down,and neither did my section

when you see defensive players and coaches throwing their hands up to get the crowd going,it says it all. when we get a bad snap,or have a bad play on D thats when WE should get even LOUDER! and to the people that started leaving after the so called int,F U!! are you kidding?!? all we needed was a stop and a TD and we are goin to OT! i have said it before and i'll say it again,i think they should have tryouts to get season tickets,the louder and more crazy fans get the better seats.if you cant stand or make a lotta noise just stay home,you would be doing the team a favor. i wanna see 85 thousand crazed fans there,like Duke basketball. i know the team could have played a lot better,but so could have the fans that were there. now,i gotta find something for my throat,i cant talk.

That team in 2000 was the biggest difference, I think. They were playing in a whole different zone.

bluedogok
10/28/2012, 09:04 AM
The 2008 crowd would have been just as bad if 2008 TT game was this bad. The crowd was only crazy then because OU went up quick and then poured it on.
^^^ This

If OU had scored on their first 5-6 possessions then the crowd might have been similar, in a tight game it just isn't the same.

Also, it is impossible to judge crowd noise correctly based on a TV broadcast as all the networks and on-site crews do the mix differently. The Fox network seems to over mix the crowd making it sound more impressive than ABC/ESPN. I have been to Broncos games where the crowd noise was close to deafening but when I watched the game after the fact the crowd doesn't seem that impressive, even the 2008 Tech game didn't sound as impressive watching it on the DVR later as it did being in the stands.

Bruiser53
10/28/2012, 10:08 AM
It's a well known fact old fogeys that listen to their headset and sit on their hands sit in the upper deck so if you were up there than ya the crowd sucked. North end zone was loud and I'm pretty darn horse today.

soonertodd
10/28/2012, 12:34 PM
It's a well known fact old fogeys that listen to their headset and sit on their hands sit in the upper deck so if you were up there than ya the crowd sucked. North end zone was loud and I'm pretty darn horse today.

actually i was on the deck,in 105 and saw more than a few headsets. WTF those people are the ones who need to stay home and give up seats to people who will be LOUD and get involved in the game

missann
10/28/2012, 01:09 PM
2008 Tech and 2000 Neb had serious national title implications for us. Of course we were excited because we knew we had the goods and likely controlled our own destiny. Who wouldn't be hype about that?

BajaOklahoma
10/28/2012, 01:32 PM
I felt that it was as loud as it was for Tech in '08, maybe not as much early in the game because we weren't up by 20 in the 1st quarter.

Then again it could be just the section in the Northeast corner near the field where I'm at, but with the north end zone and the student section right there we were bringing a lot of noise on "every" down. In the Tech game people were only getting loud for some 2nd and 3rd down plays after we were up by a huge margin.

Maybe they need to re-arrange the field mic's closer to the north end of the stadium so you crowd noise aficionados can tweak your EQ's... :boxing:

My throat's sore, I have no voice.. I hope yours is the same from your couch at home.

We were in the South EZ. ND brought a large number of fans, so we heard their noise. I thought the southern half of the stadium did well for us. Their band played a lot more than ours - and they were quick to play when ours did. Don't underestimate the bands.
My voice is gone, my feet hurt (I'm old).
I wish we had won.

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 02:00 PM
Funny how I live 2,500 miles away and couldn't drop thousands on tickets.

It's stupid to judge crowd noise by what you are hearing on television. Most of the South end zone stood the whole game and those standing were yelling and waving their towels. I got hit in the face multiple times by wayward towels.

Those sitting on their butts at home and gripe about crowd noise being a factor in this game are clueless.

Factors in the defeat:
OU offensive production and decisions both players and coaches.
ND's defensive schemes that Huepel never adjusted to.
Officiating calls that were one-sided.
ND' efficiency on 3rd down in the second half.

99% of the crowd stayed until less than 2 minutes left in the game even though it was approaching midnite.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/28/2012, 02:03 PM
It's sad that everyone has to look back to a football game 4 years ago to see this OU crowd really being ramped up..

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 02:07 PM
How many of you criticizing the noise of the crowd were actually at the game?

missann
10/28/2012, 02:17 PM
It's sad that everyone has to look back to a football game 4 years ago to see this OU crowd really being ramped up..

Sad and not a coincidence.

8timechamps
10/28/2012, 02:24 PM

Yep.

As for not being allowed to criticize the crowd because I wasn't at the game...I call bull****. The vast majority of Sooner fans weren't at the game last night. There's nothing wrong with calling out the crowd, even if you weren't there.

The crowd sucked. Color it any way you want, but it's the same thing that has been going on in Norman for years...the crowd waits to cheer. Do you know why it's hard to win on the road in the SEC? Because, out of 14 teams, I'd venture a guess that 12 of them are out-of-control crazy for a large part of the game. They don't wait for their team to make a play. Hell, A&M is the same way, so it doesn't just have to be an SEC thing.

It sucks that we have to refer to a game four years ago to "remember when" the stadium was crazy.

FaninAma
10/28/2012, 02:26 PM
Yep.

As for not being allowed to criticize the crowd because I wasn't at the game...I call bull****. The vast majority of Sooner fans weren't at the game last night. There's nothing wrong with calling out the crowd, even if you weren't there.

The crowd sucked. Color it any way you want, but it's the same thing that has been going on in Norman for years...the crowd waits to cheer. Do you know why it's hard to win on the road in the SEC? Because, out of 14 teams, I'd venture a guess that 12 of them are out-of-control crazy for a large part of the game. They don't wait for their team to make a play. Hell, A&M is the same way, so it doesn't just have to be an SEC
thing.

It sucks that we have to refer to a game four years ago to "remember when" the stadium was crazy.

It is bull$hit and its lame. Get your @$$ to the game or STFU about the crowd.

8timechamps
10/28/2012, 02:30 PM
It is bull$hit and its lame. Get your @$$ to the game or STFU about the crowd.

I retract my post. Maybe I'm still sensitive.

Anyway, this isn't going anywhere good...so I'll just kill it.

We'll agree to disagree.