PDA

View Full Version : George Atkinson III out vs. Sooners

sendbaht
10/27/2012, 05:18 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8557375/notre-dame-george-atkinson-iii-vs-oklahoma

Fifth-ranked Notre Dame will go into its biggest game of the season without one of its top playmakers, as George Atkinson III did not make the trip to Norman, Okla., for Saturday night's contest against No. 8 Oklahoma.

Atkinson stayed back at school because of flu-like symptoms, a source told ESPN.com.

The sophomore averages a team-best 8.1 yards per carry, netting 301 rushing yards on just 37 attempts. He has four touchdowns this season, including scores of 56 and 55 yards.

The No. 3 running back, Atkinson is also the Fighting Irish's No. 1 kick returner, bringing back eight kicks for 155 yards this season. He burst onto the scene as a true freshman last year when he returned two kickoffs for touchdowns.

Notre Dame is 7-0 and off to its best start since 2002.

olevetonahill
10/27/2012, 05:23 AM
So If the Run Game is the ONLY game they got, This aint Good for them
Great for Us=Bad fer them

Tulsa_Fireman
10/27/2012, 10:18 AM
In other words, an excuse for Domer.

Flagstaffsooner
10/27/2012, 10:22 AM
Flu like symptoms...Translation, he was crapping in his diapers at the thought of playing against OKLAHOMA.

OU_Sooners75
10/27/2012, 10:23 AM
This all but guarantees that ND will take the cap off Grolson and his running ability. He is no Klein, but he has good quickness.

But he is very small. However, utilized correctly, he can creqte some headaches for the OU defense.

Breadburner
10/27/2012, 10:42 AM
This all but guarantees that ND will take the cap off Grolson and his running ability. He is no Klein, but he has good quickness.

But he is very small. However, utilized correctly, he can creqte some headaches for the OU defense.

Jefferson will have something for his asssss.......!!!!!!

VA Sooner
10/27/2012, 10:42 AM
Their best punt returner as well. We'll see how they change up their offense now but I agree with 75... their let him loose in running with the ball.

Will we see more of Shannon at Mike because of this?

OU_Sooners75
10/27/2012, 10:59 AM
I don't know what to expect of defense to start. How much they like to run the ball and throw to their TE, I personally would got to a base 4-3 instaed of our nickel 4-2-5. Then use our talented CBs on man to man coverage. Have the safeties a little deeper, say 12 yards off, to protect the PA passes, and use the linebackers for run stoppers. Spy the TE with the SLB and have the MLB spy the QB.

But, saying all that, as long as the front 7 of OU plays fundamentally sound in their gap assignments, with the DEs playing containment and turning everything back to the inside, it will be a very long day for the ND offense.

Without their fastest RB, their two big ones will get more carries.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see more run blitzes on running downs and LB zone coverage on passing downs.