PDA

View Full Version : Running in the cold

FirstandGoal
10/26/2012, 09:37 PM
Normally I don't like to bitch too much about the weather, but tomorrow morning is the Komen race in teh OKC and dayum...... will it ever be cold.

Since this summer I've been training hard for this 5K-- I got my time all the way down to 38 minutes-- and its going to royally **** me off if I can't run into the wind (asthma trigger). :mad:

I went to Academy Wednesday and got a pink under armour shirt, pink gloves, ear muffs, and leggings to wear under my running pants. Dear lowered, I'm gonna look like the freakin' energizer bunny out there. :onthego:

StoopTroup
10/27/2012, 12:01 AM
I surely hope this is the year the Komen Foundation's help, finds a cure for Breast Cancer.

Good luck with your Run.

olevetonahill
10/27/2012, 04:40 AM
Good Luck Hon Ima Change My Avi just to support Yall

FirstandGoal
10/27/2012, 05:26 AM
Good Luck Hon Ima Change My Avi just to support Yall

LOLZ

Oh man...... its ****ing COLD outside right now.

olevetonahill
10/27/2012, 05:34 AM
LOLZ

Oh man...... its ****ing COLD outside right now.

It be Ok. Make yer Nips Hard. Or is that Me causing it :congratulatory:

olevetonahill
10/27/2012, 09:22 AM
Guessin shes already caught her breath
Hope it went well

FirstandGoal
10/27/2012, 02:02 PM
It went okay. Next year, I'm definitely going to do the timed run that starts an hour early. Too many walkers and no designated space for anybody who wants to to run to have the space to do so. There were times when I had to jog along the sidewalks and the grass, but then I saw someone do a spectacular faceplant tripping in a hole in the grass and decided to get back on the street. All in all I was able to run about half of it by weaving in and out of the crowd. Not fun really.
Oh yeah, and the temp right when the race started was 28 freaking degrees! UGH!

MamaMia
10/30/2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks for participating FirstandGoal. I appreciate your efforts. Two of my daughters, one of my school chums from the 6th grade, and the grandmother of my God son and her two daughters walked in my behalf. This foundation is 30 years old now. I hope this is the year the cure they've been racing for comes to fruition. Its the 3rd decade and they do say "The 3rd time is the charm." http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/pray-1.gif

They had a contest for the ugliest pumpkin here in town and the person who won gave half his 100.00 to NBCF, and the other half to Angel Care, both are non profit breast cancer foundations.