PDA

View Full Version : Had a Great afternoon

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 08:41 PM
Picked my 2 grandson up from school at 3:15
saw they aint scrubin their molars like they should so I took em an bout em lectric tooth brushes . 15 bucks so far
saw they needed Hair cuts, took em to the Hair cuttin place 25 bucks there , they were Hungry and I was gettin that way around 4:30 so Western sizzlin here we come
30 bucks there. Dayum we havin a good time
They need socks an Undies so we got to Stage Get socks an Undies 40 bucks there. Thats Great Granpa , BUT we need these kind for BasketBall so off to Hibbits sports to spend another 30 bucks

Aint Kids fun ?:fat:

rock on sooner
10/26/2012, 08:44 PM
Well, Vet, only got one grandson and I get to sit with him tomorrow while
his mom and dad go to the ISU game. I be watchin the Sooner beatdown
tomorrow night with him. Absolutely nothin better than grandkids!!!!

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 08:46 PM

Yup, Ya spoil em and send em home

rock on sooner
10/26/2012, 08:50 PM
Yup, Ya spoil em and send em home

That be the definition of grandparent..!

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 09:06 PM
That be the definition of grandparent..!

Yup, The lil bastages is expensive tho. :fat:

8timechamps
10/26/2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah, what's the deal with socks? I spent $150 bucks this afternoon on socks (no joke). Apparently they are the "special" kind. My dad would have cut his arm off before spending more than a buck fifty for a pair of socks. Now, they're $15/pair!

Sounds like a good day with the grand-kids vet!

FirstandGoal
10/26/2012, 09:31 PM

Hang on a minute......

If you're such a great grandpa, why are letting this poor child's parents go to an OKLAST game? Please tell me they're ISU fans....

MsProudSooner
10/26/2012, 09:44 PM
I have one grandson, almost 2 1/2. Today, they were about to go out to eat and he wasn't being cooperative - didn't want to go. Dad gets down on his level and looks him in the eye and in a very stern voice, says, "You have two options. #1, you can get in the car and we'll all go to dinner."

At this point Dad paused for emphasis and my grandson said, "I have one more option.", as if he thought the next option might be better. His Mom and his Aunt had to leave the room because they were cracking up. Dad somehow held it together enough to let him know his second option was Timeout.

Chuck Bao
10/27/2012, 01:12 AM
Heh, great stories! My mom picked up my 10-year old nephew from school last week when his parents were out of town. My mom had already been told that he gets a 30-minute break when he gets home after school before sitting down to do his homework. So, my mom fixes him a snack and they eat while watching TV together for 30 minutes. When she tells him that it's time for homework, he replies: "No, my break has not officially started yet." I can already tell that the kid is going to be a lawyer or something similar. My mom now knows to show him the time and tell him that his break starts...wait for it....now!

MamaMia
10/30/2012, 05:59 PM
Picked my 2 grandson up from school at 3:15
saw they aint scrubin their molars like they should so I took em an bout em lectric tooth brushes . 15 bucks so far
saw they needed Hair cuts, took em to the Hair cuttin place 25 bucks there , they were Hungry and I was gettin that way around 4:30 so Western sizzlin here we come
30 bucks there. Dayum we havin a good time
They need socks an Undies so we got to Stage Get socks an Undies 40 bucks there. Thats Great Granpa , BUT we need these kind for BasketBall so off to Hibbits sports to spend another 30 bucks

Aint Kids fun ?:fat: Thats nothin'. I have 6 grandDAUGHTERS. Those socks, food and haircuts would have been hairstyles with highlights, the sushi restaurant, boots and Danskins in my world. :D

On Grandparents Day, my husband got a sweatshirt from our granddaughters that says:

WE CHEER
PAPA PAYS

MamaMia
10/30/2012, 06:24 PM
My son and his x wife share a daughter. I get her 3 times in the summer for a total of 9 days each or 27 days. Her mom sends her to my house with a suitcase (the one I bought)...along with a pair of PJs, a pair of undies, a hair brush and one change of clothes. Thats it. Every time. We spend a lot of time having to shop and then I never see those clothes again. I don't have the heart to make her leave them here.

Wishboned
10/30/2012, 06:26 PM
Hang on a minute......

If you're such a great grandpa, why are letting this poor child's parents go to an OKLAST game? Please tell me they're ISU fans....

My son-in-law's family are all huge OSU fans. And his sister is one of the type that gives OSU fans a bad name.

Every Wednesday my grandson, and my daughter to to his mom's house for dinner. My grandson starts talking about the OU/Texas game because he's still excited from his trip. He started off talking about how "we" won. The bitch interrupted him and said, "You can't say we, you didn't go to school there. And what was the name of that school OU didn't beat? Oh yeah, Kansas State."

At which point my grandson looks at her and innocently asks, "Did OSU beat Texas this year?" He really didn't know, and this pissed the bitch off even more. She told him that OU wasn't even a real school. At which point my daughter stepped in and said, "You realize you're talking smack with an 8 year old...and he's winning."

Later when they were home my daughter reassured my grandson that OU was indeed a real school. He told her, "Yeah, when Aunt bitch said that I thought it was offensive to the school, and it was offensive to me."

Sometimes they make you so proud you get a little choked up.