PDA

View Full Version : Who do you hate more?

badger
10/26/2012, 01:35 PM
Be honest!

PalmBeachSooner
10/26/2012, 01:44 PM
I married a whorn so I'm not allowed to hate them openly, which isn't hard to do with the level of suck they have descended to. I was a Notre Dame fan when I was very young (5 or 6) 'cause guess what? They were ALWAYS on TV back then and that's all I knew. Thankfully, that was a very brief period in my life and I learned to love the SOONERS.

FriscoTXsooner
10/26/2012, 01:55 PM
This week I hate the Domers - next week it will be anyone that is ranked higher than us in the BCS

KantoSooner
10/26/2012, 01:56 PM
Whorns are like family. Not the branch that you like, but more like the Texan branch. Loud, obnoxious, nekulturny, self-centered bigots. But relatives nonetheless.

Notre Dame is the personification of all that is evil.

It's about that simple.

badger
10/26/2012, 02:01 PM
FACT: Your level of hate will be reflected in tomorrow's scoreboard.

So I'm sorry, but if more of you don't vote "hate" for Notre Dame, then 63-21 is not the floor. It's the ceiling.

KantoSooner
10/26/2012, 02:06 PM
I am hoping to be forced by Sunday morning to go back and adjust my opinions of our previous opponents upwards most decisively in light of the soul-numbing defeat we put on the previously highly rated Notre Dame.

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 02:11 PM
Hate is such a Strong word
I dont really HATE either of em , I kinda look on em both as Ticks. Just a nuisance that needs to be picked off and crushed

oksoonerdave
10/26/2012, 02:16 PM
No love for the Whorns although I've lived in Texas for the last 30 years.

The Domers have been zero for the past 20 years and it isn't changing anytime soon.

SoonR4Life
10/26/2012, 02:57 PM
This week I hate the Domers - next week it will be anyone that is ranked higher than us in the BCS

I would have to agree with hating ND more this week. I'm tired of hearing about their stout defense. It would seem that the majority of fans everywhere dislike the domers and want OU to crush them.

Otherwise, I would have to say the whorns. They just havent put up much of a fight recently.

rock on sooner
10/26/2012, 03:20 PM
Hate is such a Strong word
I dont really HATE either of em , I kinda look on em both as Ticks. Just a nuisance that needs to be picked off and crushed

Just be sure to get the head out when you pick...:biggrin:

rock on sooner
10/26/2012, 03:26 PM
I have had a dislike of Notre Dame for the last 55 years! In that
time,, my dislike has marinated, then fermented into a happy,
almost ethereal warm, fuzzy feeling each time that the Irish
lose a game. When the whorns lose, it's good, when they lose
to us, it's a happy dance. When the Domers lose to us tomorrown
night, it just might be orgasmic!

BoulderSooner79
10/26/2012, 03:40 PM
For me, it's whose fans do I most want to be sad the day after we beat them.
That makes it an easy choice for me - horn fans.

PalmBeachSooner
10/26/2012, 03:41 PM
Just be sure to get the head out when you pick...:biggrin:

That's what she said. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/26/2012, 03:42 PM
I couldn't care less about either...not enough to hate anyway.

soonermix
10/26/2012, 03:58 PM
the right answer to this question is texas.
a closer question would be notre dame vs ok state.
then i have a decision to make.

BoulderSooner79
10/26/2012, 04:04 PM
I couldn't care less about either...not enough to hate anyway.

Non-haters are gonna not hate.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/26/2012, 04:08 PM
baters are gonna bate.

Jeronimo
10/26/2012, 04:16 PM
Hate among college football fans isnt the same as pure, I-hope-you-die, go to hell HATE. For instance, I "hate" texass, LoSUr, lOSUr, SUC, and of course those retarded Irish. I don't want them harmed. I would offer beer to fans of those teams if they were cool and walked by our tailgate. In fact, we have many times to fans including FSU, Bama, Oregon, UCLA, Tech, Kansas St, and some other fans. I really don't think any of you actually truly HATE any of these football fans either. But yes we "hate" them in the ways of college football. So theres really no reason to point out that you don't HATE anyone. Because come college football time.......oh there is "hate".

BoulderSooner79
10/26/2012, 04:19 PM
baters are gonna bate.

And I'm the master.

Oh wait...

agoo758
10/26/2012, 05:02 PM
Hate among college football fans isnt the same as pure, I-hope-you-die, go to hell HATE. For instance, I "hate" texass, LoSUr, lOSUr, SUC, and of course those retarded Irish. I don't want them harmed. I would offer beer to fans of those teams if they were cool and walked by our tailgate. In fact, we have many times to fans including FSU, Bama, Oregon, UCLA, Tech, Kansas St, and some other fans. I really don't think any of you actually truly HATE any of these football fans either. But yes we "hate" them in the ways of college football. So theres really no reason to point out that you don't HATE anyone. Because come college football time.......oh there is "hate".

You are the SF equivilent of a radio hole.

tycat947
10/26/2012, 05:06 PM
There's no "all above" option?

FirstandGoal
10/26/2012, 05:07 PM
So just to be clear, we all realize that none of us actually "hate" other people.
That being said, it is entirely another thing altogether to hate what a program either stands for or how their actions have affected the outcome of a program that you love.

Based off of that criteria, its pretty hard to pick UT over ND.

ND ended the streak (and they cheated to boot)
ND is able to enjoy all of the perks of not being part of a conference, and at the same time, all of the perks of being in one. (Seriously, how in the hell has allowed this to go on for so long?)
Their TV contract
People from all over the world are fans solely because they are Catholic--- what the heck? (So by this logic, ND really should be the most hated team by Poke since all good Pokes know that the only teams really worth supporting are the ones where 99.999% of the fans in the stadium actually went to school there, and the ones that have fans that didn't go there are to be hated.) :smug:
DON'T EVEN get me started on "the curse"

ND's success usually comes at the expense of our success, which is staggering when you think that we've only played a total of 9 times. Ever.
They gobble up TV markets, they take up broadcast time, they have been annointed "the chosen team", they are able to be up for BCS consideration as an independent (sorry, I just think this is outright wrong)

On the flip side, even when whorn sometimes manages to get the better of us (2008) they sometimes still find a way to hand the title right back to us. And amuse us in the process.

If this had been a poll about who's fan base I hated the most.... well.... that would have been different.

opksooner
10/26/2012, 05:25 PM
So just to be clear, we all realize that none of us actually "hate" other people.
That being said, it is entirely another thing altogether to hate what a program either stands for or how their actions have affected the outcome of a program that you love.

Based off of that criteria, its pretty hard to pick UT over ND.

ND ended the streak (and they cheated to boot)
ND is able to enjoy all of the perks of not being part of a conference, and at the same time, all of the perks of being in one. (Seriously, how in the hell has allowed this to go on for so long?)
Their TV contract
People from all over the world are fans solely because they are Catholic--- what the heck? (So by this logic, ND really should be the most hated team by Poke since all good Pokes know that the only teams really worth supporting are the ones where 99.999% of the fans in the stadium actually went to school there, and the ones that have fans that didn't go there are to be hated.) :smug:
DON'T EVEN get me started on "the curse"

ND's success usually comes at the expense of our success, which is staggering when you think that we've only played a total of 9 times. Ever.
They gobble up TV markets, they take up broadcast time, they have been annointed "the chosen team", they are able to be up for BCS consideration as an independent (sorry, I just think this is outright wrong)

On the flip side, even when whorn sometimes manages to get the better of us (2008) they sometimes still find a way to hand the title right back to us. And amuse us in the process.

If this had been a poll about who's fan base I hated the most.... well.... that would have been different.

....and whatever ******* held up the "God made Notre Dame #1" sign.

Scoregasm
10/26/2012, 05:36 PM
They have a similar arrogance about them. I understand they are almost as elite of a program as we are, but please tell me we are more humble...

BoulderSooner79
10/26/2012, 05:44 PM
They have a similar arrogance about them. I understand they are almost as elite of a program as we are, but please tell me we are more humble...

Our humbleness dwarfs the pitiful humbleness of any other program and I'm not ashamed to brag about it.

BoomerSooner123
10/26/2012, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't trade the ut thrashing for the same against the media darlings. BUT it was close. ND has Rudy, the other no redeeming qualities.

MyT Oklahoma
10/26/2012, 06:59 PM
The only correct answer would be my former spouse but then you weren't asking a trick question here, huh?

So in lieu of my lovely and vivacious former spouse, I would have to go with The U.

MyT Oklahoma
10/26/2012, 07:01 PM
Opps, I didn't see that it was limited to UT and ND. Make mine UT please.

Flagstaffsooner
10/26/2012, 07:11 PM
I hate everyone..:D

StoopTroup
10/26/2012, 07:13 PM
baters are gonna bate.

Master baters are gonna.... :D

StoopTroup
10/26/2012, 07:14 PM
I hate everyone..:D

I'm a lover.....

I love OUr Team is Superior to them all. :D

8timechamps
10/26/2012, 07:46 PM
Easy question.

I don't care what ND does the other 10 games of the year. I want Texas to lose every game, every year.

Jeronimo
10/26/2012, 07:59 PM
You are the SF equivilent of a radio hole.

well, i guess ya never know til ya throw it out there. Sorry to waste your time reading it.

Jacie
10/26/2012, 08:04 PM
Until I perceive an all-pervasive sense of entitlement emanating from South Bend, I will have to go with sa*et, easily the most arrogant collection of athletes, year in and year out, in all of college football. That "We're Texas" B-effing-S makes want to hurl everytime I hear it and I don't think the kids recruited to play for ND ever feel make such silly statements.

I suppose it doesn't hurt that for the last couple of decades the irish have been humbled to the point of being a place where coaches go to fail, at least until Kelly. I am not happy about OU having won just once in the series versus the domers but at one time they were the face of college football, helped bring that sport to the forefront of the American conciousness and like it or not, continue to shape the post season pairings of just about every bowl game by simply being above .500.

But do I want to see a major beatdown tomorrow? Hell yes! I want Bob Stoops and company to totally humble them, run up the score and make the pollsters look silly for ranking ND so high in the first place.

Go Sooners!

Flagstaffsooner
10/26/2012, 08:07 PM
Pig-sh-t state was not in this poll, neither was suc. Results are skewed.

MyT Oklahoma
10/26/2012, 09:57 PM
Until I perceive an all-pervasive sense of entitlement emanating from South Bend, I will have to go with sa*et, easily the most arrogant collection of athletes, year in and year out, in all of college football. That "We're Texas" B-effing-S makes want to hurl everytime I hear it and I don't think the kids recruited to play for ND ever feel make such silly statements.

I suppose it doesn't hurt that for the last couple of decades the irish have been humbled to the point of being a place where coaches go to fail, at least until Kelly. I am not happy about OU having won just once in the series versus the domers but at one time they were the face of college football, helped bring that sport to the forefront of the American conciousness and like it or not, continue to shape the post season pairings of just about every bowl game by simply being above .500.

But do I want to see a major beatdown tomorrow? Hell yes! I want Bob Stoops and company to totally humble them, run up the score and make the pollsters look silly for ranking ND so high in the first place.

Go Sooners!

"It is what it is."

basel90
10/27/2012, 01:25 AM
Hate LSU and USC .