PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy at "print at home" ticket outside the stadium?

cleller
10/26/2012, 10:19 AM
On a spur of the moment whim, I bought two tickets to the game off Stub Hub. I am trying to decide whether to recruit someone to go with me, or just sell the extra.
Of course, these are print at home numbers. Would you expect people to be hesitant to buy one of these? It would also be just a single ticket.

Inviting someone along raises that uncomfortable question of whether or not to be Daddy Warbucks, and absorb the cost of the second ticket, or sound cheap and try to sell it. Plus, I would have to be on guard about my behavior.

BermudaSooner
10/26/2012, 10:25 AM
The whole "does my guest have to buy his ticket" thing can be uncomfortable.

And if your potential buyer is worried about it, walk to the gate with him and tell him you'll give his money back if he doesn't get in.

cleller
10/26/2012, 10:52 AM
And if your potential buyer is worried about it, walk to the gate with him and tell him you'll give his money back if he doesn't get in.

Good idea. I was planning on relying purely on charm and my honest face.

I may regret that neck tattoo and black eye I got in Tijuana.

70sooner
10/26/2012, 11:02 AM
tell you what, I'll take the ticket, and I don't care how you act........

lasooner123
10/26/2012, 12:27 PM
what section? How much?

IslandSooner
10/26/2012, 12:53 PM
Odd or Even???

cleller
10/26/2012, 01:39 PM
Sec 14 NW corner of end zone. Crimson. Row 72. I paid $235. Would sell for same.

This should be in the swap section I guess. If it comes do to it, I guess LAsooner asked first, don't want any hard feelings.
Still action at Stub Hub in this range. I may re-list the extra over there in a hour or two, see if anyone is looking for a single.

lasooner123
10/26/2012, 02:11 PM
i found one at a better price...thanks tho

70sooner
10/26/2012, 02:16 PM
really, if I wanted to go that bad, I'd just wait until about game time and biy from a scalper when he needs to unload.

not that I don't want to go that bad, but, uh, errr, well you get my drift.....

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 02:19 PM
Sec 14 NW corner of end zone. Crimson. Row 72. I paid $235. Would sell for same.

This should be in the swap section I guess. If it comes do to it, I guess LAsooner asked first, don't want any hard feelings.
Still action at Stub Hub in this range. I may re-list the extra over there in a hour or two, see if anyone is looking for a single.

I'll give you a Buck 50 and a 1/2 bag of stale Cheetos
Fergot the winky deal :tongue:

cleller
10/26/2012, 02:31 PM
I'll give you a Buck 50 and a 1/2 bag of stale Cheetos
Fergot the winky deal :tongue:

Boy, let me tell ya what:

I'll put this sum-gun up on Stub Hub, if doesn't sell by bed time, bring your $50 and Cheetos to the north side of the stadium at around 1800, and you'll get to see how a good fan, but bad sport acts.

lasooner123
10/26/2012, 02:36 PM
i struck out actually. i could buy it at 150 but you could get more outside the gates im guessing

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 02:42 PM
Boy, let me tell ya what:

I'll put this sum-gun up on Stub Hub, if doesn't sell by bed time, bring your $50 and Cheetos to the north side of the stadium at around 1800, and you'll get to see how a good fan, but bad sport acts.

I meant a BUCK 50=$1.50
I were being a smartass bro

You should be able to get yer money , from what every one else is sayin they gettin yer right in line

Good Luck

cleller
10/26/2012, 02:53 PM
I meant a BUCK 50=$1.50
I were being a smartass bro

You should be able to get yer money , from what every one else is sayin they gettin yer right in line

Good Luck

Poor reading comprehension. I'm not worried over it. The whole thing is a flukey write off. Life in the fast lane.

cleller
10/26/2012, 04:28 PM
Good golly! I put that ticket on Stub Hub at $250, and it sold it 30 minutes. Maybe a little seller's remorse? Coulda got more?

Well, I'll be sitting (ha!) next to whoever bought it, I'll have to find out how high he would have gone.

BigUgly
10/26/2012, 04:35 PM
It's just a cost of doin' bidness. BOOMER!!!

cleller
10/26/2012, 04:48 PM
It's just a cost of doin' bidness. BOOMER!!!

That place is knocking it dead. They charge both the buyers and the sellers. They even charge $5 to email them to you.

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 06:55 PM
Good golly! I put that ticket on Stub Hub at $250, and it sold it 30 minutes. Maybe a little seller's remorse? Coulda got more?

Well, I'll be sitting (ha!) next to whoever bought it, I'll have to find out how high he would have gone.

Glad for ya bro
I bot 4 OU /OsU tickets from OsU several years ago before they went to having to buy season tickets to get em

I put em on EBAY buy it now for somepun like a 100 over face . I no more than had em posted and some dude scarfed em up
Yea Guess I shoulda let em Bid Or set my Buy it now price higher

I was going to go but My old injuries started actin up and I just dint want to drive that far
Oh well an Ag bot em and we kicked their azz that year :smug:

StoopTroup
10/26/2012, 07:06 PM
Odd or Even???

Wouldn't that be Crimson or Cream? :D

StoopTroup
10/26/2012, 07:09 PM

I think you could have gotten more. I sold two to a Tech Fan for $500 cash on the sidewalk by the Tailgate in 2008.