Pe-can Pie !!!

5-0

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 04:12 AM
This hillbilly says Pah con

When I hear PEE con I giggle like a little girl

MamaMia
10/26/2012, 05:52 AM
I say Pah Con too but I hear a lot of people here say Pee Can. I waitress said that to us this week. I think the funniest word some people say is Py Anny for piano. :D

SoonerInFortSmith
10/26/2012, 06:28 AM
Its pah con and sayin it any other way makes ya a damn yankee.

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 06:33 AM

Not so my friend

One of my BFFs was born and raised in South georgia /north Fla.
and HE says Pee Can Cracks me up

FirstandGoal
10/26/2012, 08:14 AM
pah con.

And this needs to be a poll.

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 08:20 AM
pah con.

And this needs to be a poll.

Or a Pole Con

stoops the eternal pimp
10/26/2012, 08:39 AM
I say toe-may-toe

rock on sooner
10/26/2012, 08:43 AM
Great thread! Any time a waitress would say pee can, I'm afraid
that she did and wouldn't order it....

delhalew
10/26/2012, 09:08 AM
Peecan freaks me out a little bit. I may be a country boy, but that's just going too damn far.

Mississippi Sooner
10/26/2012, 09:14 AM
Peecan freaks me out a little bit. I may be a country boy, but that's just going too damn far.

Ah, now. I ain't met too many truck drivers that didn't have some experience with a pee bottle.

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 09:15 AM
Ah, now. I ain't met too many truck drivers that didn't have some experience with a pee bottle.

He Said CAN, dint never oncet mention a dayum Bottle :tongue:

Mississippi Sooner
10/26/2012, 09:16 AM
Heh. Can, bottle. Whatever's handy.

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 09:21 AM
Heh. Can, bottle. Whatever's handy.

Got a Point
I have just turned and Peed against the door panel

SoonerInFortSmith
10/26/2012, 10:06 AM

Not so my friend

One of my BFFs was born and raised in South georgia /north Fla.
and HE says Pee Can Cracks me up

Florida might as well be New York if ya ask me. :p

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2012, 10:07 AM
Pah-con. Anything else is wrong.

KantoSooner
10/26/2012, 03:12 PM
And throw Georgia in there as well. Dayum east coast, pee-can saying yankees. Hell, they probly drink coffee milk with their Rhode Island in-laws. Probly pour maple syrup on their well done beef. Probly turn their noses up at fried okra. Probly don't like puppies or kittens. Puh-con damnit.

8timechamps
10/26/2012, 08:03 PM
Pah-con

There is no other way.

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 08:45 PM

And throw Georgia in there as well. Dayum east coast, pee-can saying yankees. Hell, they probly drink coffee milk with their Rhode Island in-laws. Probly pour maple syrup on their well done beef. Probly turn their noses up at fried okra. Probly don't like puppies or kittens. Puh-con damnit.

This Ole Boy is more country than corn meal mush

Hell he told me he got his pair of shoes when he was 14 and wore em smooth slam out walkin backerds looking that the tracks they made
Thinks a Fine meal is Collard greens and Corn Bread and dessert is Boiled peanuts
He aint Yankee by any stretch He just talks funny when he says PEE Cans :victorious:

mojorisen2014
10/26/2012, 11:39 PM
Pah con

sooneron
10/26/2012, 11:51 PM
My yankee wife says pee can. I correct her, with pah con.

ouwasp
10/26/2012, 11:59 PM
Pah con.... I was a young man when I first heard some yankee actor in a movie say pee-can... I thought "What the h*** is he talking about?"

Soonerfan88
10/27/2012, 12:39 AM
My Grandma, bless her soul, had a can under her bed to pee in at night because the bathroom was too far away. That is what I think of when someone says pee-can.

Chuck Bao
10/27/2012, 01:54 AM
Definitely pah-con.

On a side note, our pah-con trees are loaded this year, so loaded that old tree limbs are breaking off. Last year was bad because of the severe drought, but the pecan trees were the least affected because they have very deep roots. The trees in my family's native pecan groves are ancient - at least 100 years old. They were there when my grandfather was a just a little kid.

In other words, I think we have the right to call them whatever the hell we want to.

Since we have settled this one, how do you pronounce Bois d'arc trees and what do you call the fruit? We call it "bodark" and the fruit "horse apples". According to my grandfather, bodarks are an awful nuisance and the only good use for them is making fence posts since they don't rot or attract insects. I was told not to feed horse apples to horses when I was a kid because they aren't supposed to be good for horses. Strangely enough, two different people told my mom this last month that horse apples repel insects, spiders, scorpions, well bugs in general and that she should slice one up to put in her home. She did and we'll see how that works. I'm just curious what other Okies think.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/27/2012, 05:08 AM
In Heartbreak Kid (1972) he takes his bride to a restaurant in Florida, just for the Pee Can pie.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/27/2012, 05:10 AM
pah con pie is very easy to make. I usually make two every Thanksgiving.

olevetonahill
10/27/2012, 05:19 AM
Definitely pah-con.

On a side note, our pah-con trees are loaded this year, so loaded that old tree limbs are breaking off. Last year was bad because of the severe drought, but the pecan trees were the least affected because they have very deep roots. The trees in my family's native pecan groves are ancient - at least 100 years old. They were there when my grandfather was a just a little kid.

In other words, I think we have the right to call them whatever the hell we want to.

Since we have settled this one, how do you pronounce Bois d'arc trees and what do you call the fruit? We call it "bodark" and the fruit "horse apples". According to my grandfather, bodarks are an awful nuisance and the only good use for them is making fence posts since they don't rot or attract insects. I was told not to feed horse apples to horses when I was a kid because they aren't supposed to be good for horses. Strangely enough, two different people told my mom this last month that horse apples repel insects, spiders, scorpions, well bugs in general and that she should slice one up to put in her home. She did and we'll see how that works. I'm just curious what other Okies think.

Chuck. Its Most assuredly Bo- Dark, Tree, Or as the Old Indian name IRON wood treee because the wood gets some dayum hard

The Horse Apples are Most def. an Insect repellant , Plus snakes and a lot of other critters
If you have a wood floor Just take a hand full of em whole and toss em around under yer shack ' Keeps a lot of the creepy Crawlies away

GottaHavePride
10/28/2012, 12:18 PM
Bois d'arc is French. Correct pronunciation would be "bwah dark".

Okies call it "board ark". Or Osage Orange.

And I've never heard a Yankee say pee-can, and I have family from New Jersey. Pee-can is purely a Deep South thing.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/28/2012, 12:19 PM

When I hear PEE con I giggle like a little girl

This^

delhalew
10/29/2012, 03:06 PM
Well, that is another story.

stoopified
11/2/2012, 02:17 PM

When I hear PEE con I giggle like a little girl :)

MamaMia
11/2/2012, 02:24 PM
Giada said Pee can. Thats why I asked. I would not have thought she would say that, but maybe she says both?

Some people say sah mint. Some say see mint. I say Concrete. :D