PDA

View Full Version : Interesting defensive rating

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2012, 08:39 AM
This is a formula for defensive efficiency and a table of ratings for all the teams thus far. One aspect of the formula I like is that it factors out garbage time stats. Oklahoma rates 2nd to Alabama by this measure.

link (http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaadef2012)

SoonerMarkVA
10/25/2012, 01:00 PM
It's really nice seeing OU back in the discussion for top defenses. Been sorely missed.

BeaSooner
10/25/2012, 01:08 PM
Hail to Mike Stoops.

I can't tell you how much I like having him back.

kevpks
10/25/2012, 01:14 PM
What I love about Mike is that he doesn't take garbage time stats out of his equation. He never stops coaching. He looked pissed late in the 4th quarter against Texas and Kansas. Against Texas, you could see the Gatorade they poured on him evaporate from the heat and pressure of his anger.

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2012, 01:21 PM
There were links at the bottom of that same page for offensive efficiency and total efficiency. On offense, OU was #25 no doubt due to the UTEP and KSU outings. But we came in #3 in total efficiency behind 'Bama and Oregon (Oregon was #1 offense). Not bad company to be just behind the 2 teams currently predicted to play for the title.

StoopTroup
10/25/2012, 01:28 PM
What I love about Mike is that he doesn't take garbage time stats out of his equation. He never stops coaching. He looked pissed late in the 4th quarter against Texas and Kansas. Against Texas, you could see the Gatorade they poured on him evaporate from the heat and pressure of his anger.

Hell....he looks pissed off in our Warm ups.

swardboy
10/25/2012, 01:48 PM
Reading up on Nutter Dame sure reveals a rotating QB position over the last couple of years. Can't help but believe our D is going to overwhelm the red-shirt freshman....who is fresh off of a concussion...facing our fresh corps of d-linemen.