PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever watched a play knowing that if it was tweeked just a little

MamaMia
10/23/2012, 10:25 PM
it could be grand? I think our team has something up their sleeve. If I'm right, its going to be fun to watch it emerge. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/giggle.gif

Wishboned
10/23/2012, 10:27 PM
I have a feeling with Mike back we might see the return of Bob the riverboat gambler.

MamaMia
10/23/2012, 10:32 PM
I have a feeling with Mike back we might see the return of Bob the riverboat gambler.
Absolutely. :D

picasso
10/23/2012, 11:16 PM
I think we just might see the quick kick out of the Belldozer!

FirstandGoal
10/24/2012, 08:17 AM
So I guess its too much to hope that they ever go out on the field with both Landry and Bell at the same time....

I would have to think that would be insta-time out for the opposing team.

olevetonahill
10/24/2012, 08:26 AM
So I guess its too much to hope that they ever go out on the field with both Landry and Bell at the same time....

I would have to think that would be insta-time out for the opposing team.

Sweetness, Ive thot that same thing many times :adoration:

Wishboned
10/24/2012, 08:32 AM
I'm hoping for the day they bring out the wishbone with Bell at qb, Millard at fullback, and Williams and Whaley at halfback.

Just for one play.

olevetonahill
10/24/2012, 08:35 AM
I'm hoping for the day they bring out the wishbone with Bell at qb, Millard at fullback, and Williams and Whaley at halfback.

Just for one play.

I like that thinkin also TO.

cleller
10/24/2012, 08:50 AM

Just for one play.

And The Ripper at TE.

It could work, as all are good blockers. Still, Bell should definitely pitch.

GameWarden
10/24/2012, 09:07 AM
I'm thinking we'll see Kelly sell out to stop the Bell dozer. So I really, really hope that Stoops does have some good wrinkles on it.

Kelly is a good coach. Notre Dame's defense is their strength. I think Kelly will realize how much OU relies on the success of the Belldozer and sell out to stop it.

SoonerLaw09
10/24/2012, 09:48 AM
The wishbone idea is awesome, but Bob will never do it on principle.

Have we thrown play-action out of the Dozer yet? That's the most obvious wrinkle. Hit Millard on a quick slant or a sideline route. Or, use the TE which we seem to have gotten away from lately.

BermudaSooner
10/24/2012, 09:51 AM

Just for one play.

That would be awesome, but they'd have to dedicate way too much practice time to pull it off. The wishbone is not something they could pick up with a few walk throughs at the end of a practice. Too much timing involved.

flysooner9
10/24/2012, 10:10 AM
Throw from the belldozer. I think he's smarter his year and won't throw a pick like last year.

colleyvillesooner
10/24/2012, 11:29 AM
I loved the Belldozer again on first down tactic. Just line up and run it again. Quickly.

KantoSooner
10/24/2012, 11:31 AM
Give the ball to Rip out of the dozer and let Bell block for him.

I really get the impression that Bell wants to fight some of the opposing linemen. Anyone else suspect he's been eating testosterone by the fistfull?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/24/2012, 11:35 AM
Just run the right play at the right time..Run screens when the blitz, take shots down the field with 1 on 1 coverage...

SoonerLaw09
10/24/2012, 11:50 AM
The fact that Jalen Saunders can play now, and they're putting Stills on the outside, give us a ton more flexibility in the downfield passing game.

IslandSooner
10/24/2012, 11:53 AM
I would think the "Jump Pass" from the Belldozer has to be in the playbook??

auto
10/24/2012, 12:03 PM
it could be grand? I think our team has something up their sleeve. If I'm right, its going to be fun to watch it emerge. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/giggle.gif

No. Because like most people on this board, I am not paid or qualified for that task

Turd_Ferguson
10/24/2012, 12:59 PM
That would be awesome, but they'd have to dedicate way too much practice time to pull it off. The wishbone is not something they could pick up with a few walk throughs at the end of a practice. Too much timing involved.

That, and they know the ensuing roar of the crowd would collapse most of the stadium...:biggrin:

Wishboned
10/24/2012, 01:02 PM
That, and they know the ensuing roar of the crowd would collapse most of the stadium...:biggrin:

Even if they just came out in that formation and changed it up at the line.

Sooner Eclipse
10/24/2012, 01:16 PM
I just want a few rushing TDs just to shut up domers crowing about not giving up a rushing TD all year. 3 or 4 from the belldozer should sufficiently ruin that average.

KantoSooner
10/24/2012, 01:16 PM
Really ought to have done that to Texas. Had OU brought that out at the beginning of the fourth quarter it would have brought on a fit of laughter.
Well, not from Mack, but then he's not laughing about much these days.

picasso
10/24/2012, 01:25 PM
Can Blake drop-kick?

SoonerLaw09
10/24/2012, 02:08 PM
Really ought to have done that to Texas. Had OU brought that out at the beginning of the fourth quarter it would have brought on a fit of laughter.
Well, not from Mack, but then he's not laughing about much these days.

No, but he sure is clapping a lot. :mack: