PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame thinks they will beat us!

MamaMia
10/23/2012, 03:47 PM
Apparently, we wont be able to run on them.
Our team may have different thoughts

The first ones to score 20 points will win.

They won't be able to run consistently on us. We won't be able to throw consistently on them. It'll come down to who can make more big plays on offense and create more turnovers on D.
I like our ability for the big play on offense: we have three rb's who can either make you miss or beat you to the crease. Golson's scrambling ability allows him to buy time down field for the occasional broken play as well.
On defense, I like our ability to create some turnovers as well. Our D-Line is one of the best in the country at pinning their ears back and going after the QB. They seem to love rushing the passer and I believe Shembo, Tuitt, and Moore will be chomping at the bit for the chance to get after Jones. Our secondary is young, and I believe they'll make a few mental mistakes but they're also opportunistic and have the speed to get in position for picks on misthrown balls.

I feel cautiously optimistic for this game. We won't keep OU out of the endzone, but we'll make enough plays on both sides of the ball to pull one out. 24-17 ND

MamaMia
10/23/2012, 03:49 PM
They say that Landry Jones hasnt played well in his career vs good defenses and...
No doubt Oklahoma is a damn good team. But also we are 7-0. ND is 5th in the country. There is not a damn reason why they cant win the game.

No excuses. Its time to send a message. There is no "Golsons only a redshirt freshman", "we have a young secondary" , etc. This is what BK has been building toward for the last 3 years. This team has proven they can stop the run, stop the pass, stop the spread. Now its time to rise up and win a statement game.

We have the talent on defense. We have the talent on offense. We have a coach. Now its time to see it come together. If you want ND to be BACK...this is the game where something can be established. Was MSU/Michigan a big win? Hell yeah. But at the sametime, when you say those names it doesnt come with the "oh **** " factor that oklahoma has. Its time to put up or shutup. Go to Norman and beat that *** or its gonna be a long flight back. Either way i know that ND will give maximum effort and leave it out there.

But no excuses. If we are want to be in that Natl Title convo....this is a W and dont expect anything less. Theres no moral victories at this point.It goes on and on... Now, they are throwing KSU in our faces. :mad:

The more I analyze this game, the better chance I think we have to win it.

If KSU can limit them to 19 points, so can we. We can run on anyone, we can stuff anyone's run. Let's win on fundamentals. Let's make them dink and dunk. Let's limit their possessions. Let's convert on 3rd down. In the redzone let's get 6 instead of 3.

Time to man up. We can do this. We deserve this. We've worked for this. LET'S GOOOOO.

Good teams don't get a victory, they TAKE IT. Let's go into their house and TAKE IT!

olevetonahill
10/23/2012, 03:49 PM
I liked how one guy said they wont win by OUTSCORING us but by having more TOP, and turn overs
Say what?

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2012, 04:02 PM
Apparently, we wont be able to run on them.
Our team may have different thoughts

The poster said we won't be able to run *consistently* on them. I tend to agree. What they don't know is we don't have to run consistently to be effective - a concept they haven't had to deal with so far. And there are other kinds of runs, such as run-after-catch. I think we'll eat them alive on that one.

StoopTroup
10/23/2012, 04:06 PM
We're Doomed.

PalmBeachSooner
10/23/2012, 04:21 PM
If OU's hurry-up offense is clicking this won't be much of a contest. ND hasn't seen anything like it and I don't see how they can prepare for it. It seems to have overwhelmed most of our non-conference foes in the past.

BermudaSooner
10/23/2012, 04:27 PM
I've seen several of them think they can win by citing that they are the #5 team in the nation. Who cares what you are ranked? Nobody actually believes ND is better than OU even though they are ranked higher. Just look at where the money is going in Vegas.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2012, 04:29 PM
ND fans are channelling Lou Holtz.

MamaMia
10/23/2012, 04:42 PM
Didn't they come trolling here first complaining about our Kelly and score prediction thread?
I think a whole lot of Sooner fans are going to have a moment during the game when they say, "Holy **** did you see how fast that big guy ran", and it dawns on them that Nix and Tuitt are different from the defensive linemen at Rutgers, Lousiville and Ohio.

If I were one of these trolls that have invaded our board this week, I'd be more concerned with Landry Jones being knocked out than getting all hot and bothered about what happened to Bradford three years ago.

BigTip
10/23/2012, 04:48 PM
I don't know if they do think they can win.

The thread I read was saying stuff like, "we will win" but not all of it sounded real confident. They are scared. So they are saying stuff that they really don't believe. It's sort of comical to me.

MamaMia
10/23/2012, 04:57 PM
They want to catch us off guard and quieten our crowd.

StoopTroup
10/23/2012, 04:57 PM
They have a Round Tuitt.

goingoneight
10/23/2012, 05:12 PM
Sounds like typical, uninformed fans talking up a game where nobody knows what to expect.

StoopTroup
10/23/2012, 05:17 PM
Sounds like typical, uninformed fans talking up a game where nobody knows what to expect.

It is more fun if they get their hearts ripped out like those 125 KU Fans did last Saturday.

budbarrybob
10/23/2012, 05:21 PM
If they've been lifting weights... we're Doomed.

BoulderSooner79
10/23/2012, 05:43 PM
I doubt many of their fans have been lifting weights - maybe a few of the girls have.

soonercastor
10/23/2012, 05:48 PM
We need to go up two scores and the contest will be over so that they have t rely on their weakness (passing game) which will work right into our strength (secondary). Need a Fast start!

OU_Sooners75
10/23/2012, 06:13 PM
I'm enjoying myself over there.

Some of the peeps are level headed. I have ignored the illogical ones for the most part.

That said, I hope OU wins, I want OU to win. But I am not 100% sure they will.

Just now building the confidence back from this teams loss to KSU. So not trying to get over confident right now.

Win this game, and ill be very confident once again!

MyT Oklahoma
10/23/2012, 08:18 PM
It is more fun if they get their hearts ripped out like those 125 KU Fans did last Saturday.

Yeah but just wait until basketball season (<< KU football fans endless excuse).

hawaii 5-0
10/23/2012, 08:21 PM
There will be some serious helmet polishing Friday night.

5-0

FirstandGoal
10/23/2012, 08:36 PM
I liked how one guy said they wont win by OUTSCORING us but by having more TOP, and turn overs
Say what?

Did the moron who said this ask Kansas how well that worked for them?

So their master plan to win this game is to keep holding the ball and not worry about how many points they have? Ooooookay......

picasso
10/23/2012, 08:46 PM
k-state is a great model for any team out there. Get us to fumble on both goal lines and you've got a great chance!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/23/2012, 08:47 PM
^ This..

Sabanball
10/23/2012, 08:52 PM
I think Brian Kelly has the Irish headed in the right direction, but given their close games this season I think they've been living on borrowed time. No way they win and you guys break the Notre Dame curse with a huge margin of victory--I'm predicting 52-10 in a romp.

SoonerKnight
10/23/2012, 11:01 PM
I think Brian Kelly has the Irish headed in the right direction, but given their close games this season I think they've been living on borrowed time. No way they win and you guys break the Notre Dame curse with a huge margin of victory--I'm predicting 52-10 in a romp.

I like it!