PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Notre Dame fans get the royal treatment

Sooner24
10/23/2012, 03:26 PM
Of all the places I have attended road games Notre Dame was the absolute friendliest fanbase I have ever encountered with Alabama being a very close second. I know the feelings range from dislike to out and out hatred for the Golden Domers but by all means treat their fans with the utmost respect this weekend.

olevetonahill
10/23/2012, 03:46 PM
Arnt OP fans usually treated great?

MichiganSooner
10/23/2012, 03:47 PM
I've never been to a ND game. I hope all our fans treat them well, too. We should treat all the visitors to Norman respectfully. They came a long way to witness a beatdown of their team.

8timechamps
10/23/2012, 03:50 PM
Opposing fans always get treated well in Norman. Sure, there's the occasional moron, but those aren't exclusive to OU.

BeaSooner
10/23/2012, 03:55 PM
8time - who ate your spec?

StoopTroup
10/23/2012, 04:10 PM
ND can lick whorn balls. This is War! Once we send them packing back to South Bend....I'll send them a Condolences Card.

SoonerObsession
10/23/2012, 09:09 PM
I think we should have Jeff Foxworthy welcome the ND fans like he talked about in the Atlanta Games...

"Greetings y’all And welcome all you danged foreigners from other nations. Dear Lord be with our guests and prepare them for the butt whopping they are about to receive!"

Wishboned
10/23/2012, 09:13 PM
I hope we treat their fans with respect as a good host should.

I hope our team treats their team like they stole something.

MamaMia
10/23/2012, 09:29 PM
There have been plenty of articles written about the welcoming atmosphere we provide for visitors, so I don't think that will be a problem.

EatLeadCommie
10/23/2012, 09:31 PM
They'll be treated well unless they actually win, in which case most of them will still be treated well.

AzianSooner
10/23/2012, 09:36 PM
I like NotreDame fans because:

1. high probability they are attending mass on Sunday
2. High probability they are virgin till married
3. High probabiligy they again contraception by all means...

... and many more reasons.....

8timechamps
10/23/2012, 09:36 PM

Brian Kelly

Sooner24
10/24/2012, 07:14 AM
http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2012/10/23/open-letter-from-ou-president-david-boren-sooner-fans-urged-to-be-hospitable/

Boomer.....
10/24/2012, 07:25 AM
I always try to go out of my way to welcome opposing fans.

olevetonahill
10/24/2012, 07:28 AM
I hope we treat their fans with respect as a good host should.

I hope our team treats their team like they stole something.

Brian Kelly

And there ya have it, The Team needs to get revenge for this theft :adoration:

achiro
10/24/2012, 07:39 AM
Opposing fans always get treated well in Norman. Sure, there's the occasional moron, but those aren't exclusive to OU.

ND can lick whorn balls. This is War! Once we send them packing back to South Bend....I'll send them a Condolences Card.
Hmmm

olevetonahill
10/24/2012, 07:42 AM
Hmmm

Bro, Ya gotta consider the source

Sooner24
10/24/2012, 08:02 AM
Hmmm

That was easier than finding Waldo! ;)

SunnySooner
10/24/2012, 09:50 AM
Reminds me of the story I heard from the FSU fan from 2010, roughly:

"It's amazing! You get to Norman, and there's this beautiful campus filled with smiling people who want you to drink their beer. You go from tent to tent, talking football with uber-knowlegeable fans, trading stories, laughing, drinking more beer, and just generally having the time of your life. Then the game starts and these amiable folks become rabid, screaming maniacs who cackle with glee as you watch your beloved team get the **** kicked out of them. Repeatedly. It's one of the best AND worst experiences of your life, I'd do it again in a heartbeat!" LOL!!!

prrriiide
10/24/2012, 09:50 AM
I hope their fans get a royal treatment.
I hope their team gets a royal rogering.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/24/2012, 10:41 AM
Of all the places I have attended road games Notre Dame was the absolute friendliest fanbase I have ever encountered with Alabama being a very close second. I know the feelings range from dislike to out and out hatred for the Golden Domers but by all means treat their fans with the utmost respect this weekend.

I think we have a pretty good rep for hospitality to opposing fans. It hasn't always been the case, but in the last 15 years or so it has been.

Surprisingly, FSU fans were really nice last year, which was a big surprise considering the way they acted towards me in the 2000 MNC game. However, I was a student then, so I may have brought some of that upon myself :) Also, the Washington fans were really cool.

SoonerLaw09
10/24/2012, 10:49 AM
The Domer fans will be royally treated with respect, friendship, and hospitality wherever they go on gameday.

The Domer team will get royally pantsed on national TV.

MamaMia
10/24/2012, 11:16 AM
I think we have a pretty good rep for hospitality to opposing fans. It hasn't always been the case, but in the last 15 years or so it has been.

Surprisingly, FSU fans were really nice last year, which was a big surprise considering the way they acted towards me in the 2000 MNC game. However, I was a student then, so I may have brought some of that upon myself :) Also, the Washington fans were really cool.Sooner fans have always been welcoming., so I don't know what you mean by that, but its not true.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/24/2012, 11:58 AM
****! I have been rotting eggs all week in anticipation of their arrival. Well, there are a couple of neighbors that have been ticking me off...

StoopTroup
10/24/2012, 02:20 PM
Hmmm

Hmmmm all you want chiro. I was raised to treat people like I'd expect to be treated if I were their guest. I really think things will be just fine if ND Fans come and root for their Team and leave. Get nasty and expect to be asked to leave.

When considering the source I always pay attention as to how someone lives their life before assuming anything negative. I'm not on Govt Welfare. Don't drink anymore and if I do decide to have one its never more than two and I don't go around making a jackass of myself to get attention from the cool kids.

Indeed....consider the source. Honest trumps lying old pathetic drunk every time in my book.

Vet....quit opening the door and the bees won't come in.

Stupid ***.

http://cdn.newsoxy.com/2011/08/man-stung-600-times-e1314366959381.jpg

Sooner24
10/24/2012, 08:52 PM
Hmmmm all you want chiro. I was raised to treat people like I'd expect to be treated if I were their guest. I really think things will be just fine if ND Fans come and root for their Team and leave. Get nasty and expect to be asked to leave.

When considering the source I always pay attention as to how someone lives their life before assuming anything negative. I'm not on Govt Welfare. Don't drink anymore and if I do decide to have one its never more than two and I don't go around making a jackass of myself to get attention from the cool kids.

Indeed....consider the source. Honest trumps lying old pathetic drunk every time in my book.

Vet....quit opening the door and the bees won't come in.

Stupid ***.

http://cdn.newsoxy.com/2011/08/man-stung-600-times-e1314366959381.jpg

And you wonder why people think of you like they do.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/24/2012, 09:53 PM
Frankly Boren's letter really pissed me off. I hope all of you guys and gals that have been regular attendees at the soire's formerly known as the SF.com tailgate were pissed, too. We have always welcomed opponents with open arms and treated them like gold. Heck there was even a a semi-regular 'horn that was part of the tailgates and the worst he ever had to worry about was the occassional gentle ribbing.

Whatever. I wish all you lurking Notre Dame fans would engage in a couple of things:

1.) register and post for cryin' out loud. We won't bite. Unless you're a royal jackwagon and act like one of the 'horns from shaggybevo. Then you get what's comin'. Whatever horrible punishment we can dish out over teh innerwebs, anyway. Maybe we'll throw you in the Pit of Despair. Or banish you to the fire swamp and ROUS.

2.) If you are in Norman, have a great time. Congregate, eat, enjoy. I know you will. Unless you're a royal jackwagon. Then likely you'll get ignored. Oh no. Not that.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/24/2012, 09:57 PM
Oh. And we're gonna whomp your team like an old rug hung over a washline.

FirstandGoal
10/24/2012, 10:37 PM
Oh. And we're gonna whomp your team like an old rug hung over a washline.

:biggrin:

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/24/2012, 10:46 PM
Forget the fans. I want our team to "give 'em the business!"

SunnySooner
10/25/2012, 07:49 AM
Everyone be nice to the Domers and save the rotten eggs for Boren's house.

Except then some poor g.a. would have to clean it up...hmm, need to cogitate on this one, he needs to know he pulled a Biden here, and it ain't gonna fly.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/25/2012, 07:58 AM
Sooner fans have always been welcoming., so I don't know what you mean by that, but its not true.Agreed. Going way back to when I was a student, we have always treated the fools who come to Norman as legit human beings, even if we are amazed that actual people will put that much time and money into rooting for a non-Sooner team.

Soonerwake
10/25/2012, 08:08 AM
I am a little irritated about this "letter" as well. It's unnecessary, and in fact makes us all look bad like we don't know any better. I'm sure there are opposing fanbases using this as an example that we are "mean" to opposing fans. We all know that isolated incidents happen, but these stories of widespread bottle throwing, spitting, yelling profanities, assaults, etc. are total BS. I especially like the one of students pouring beer on Les Miles, even though we don't serve beer in our stadium and the student section is nowhere near where the opposing coach would enter. Craziness...