PDA

View Full Version : Mack is done with LHN

Scoregasm
10/22/2012, 04:23 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/10/22/mack-brown-texas-longhorn-network.ap/index.html

SoonerNomad
10/22/2012, 04:34 PM
That's hilarious. What the hell is being revealed to the 12 horn fans that have access to this nonexistsent network. Surely, they aren't telling everyone Coach Brown's secrets. I would be more irritated in creating three shows a week that no one has ever seen.

badger
10/22/2012, 04:37 PM
We get Bevo TV starting today. I know that I was going to pass everything onto Stoops via his call-in prog... oh :(

HToady
10/22/2012, 04:37 PM
Tuth be told, he's probably tired of the constant replays of his team losing.

King Crimson
10/22/2012, 04:40 PM
poor mack. those *******s will bury him.

at least we are generous in our occasional self-hate. texas, groan. what it must be like to think and live like that.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/22/2012, 04:41 PM
Tuth be told, he's probably tired of the constant replays of his team losing.they are gentle reminders to the orange faithful. Viva el Mack!

sendbaht
10/22/2012, 05:11 PM
"ran out of time" "teams young" "need all new coaches" "Sun in our eyes in the 4th quarter" "that damn LHN"

SoonerLaw09
10/22/2012, 05:13 PM
Mack needs to cool it. I mean it's not as if the LHN is showing the team lifting weights, or anything.

Wishboned
10/22/2012, 05:32 PM
His hand are so tired from clapping during his shows that he can barely clap during the games anymore.

SoonerMarkVA
10/22/2012, 05:37 PM
That's hilarious. What the hell is being revealed to the 12 horn fans that have access to this nonexistsent network. Surely, they aren't telling everyone Coach Brown's secrets. I would be more irritated in creating three shows a week that no one has ever seen.

First the wind.

Now the LHN.

What's it going to be next?

cherokeebrewer
10/22/2012, 05:49 PM
The lingerie bowl 2012 pictorial is..uh..interesting...

cleller
10/22/2012, 05:56 PM
The LHN network is not the problem. The Longhorns sucking is the problem.

BeaSooner
10/22/2012, 06:17 PM
haha - overexposed....try overhyped.....over-rated.....bleh

FirstandGoal
10/22/2012, 06:35 PM
Kinda makes me want to subscribe to it just so I can watch whorn lose over and over and over

and over and over.......

VA Sooner
10/22/2012, 06:38 PM
The higher ups in Austin will not be pleased by his comments to the media... neck is already on the chopping block... don't make it easier for them, Mack.

We still want to show up at the Cotton Bowl to beat-down the 'horns every year.

OUmillenium
10/22/2012, 06:44 PM
Kinda makes me want to subscribe to it just so I can watch whorn lose over and over and over

and over and over.......

Thissy ^

rhymes with Chrissy

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/22/2012, 06:47 PM
Just another Texcuse from Mack Brown. I love how it was the greatest thing ever and now they can't get it on providers and now it is a liability. Whatever. If you suck, you suck.

MyT Oklahoma
10/22/2012, 09:13 PM
Mack who?

StoopTroup
10/23/2012, 01:31 AM
The higher ups in Austin will not be pleased by his comments to the media... neck is already on the chopping block... don't make it easier for them, Mack.

We still want to show up at the Cotton Bowl to beat-down the 'horns every year.

They are to busy preparing to secede Texas from the Union and lick Chuck Norris's and Ted Nugent's Testicles for a Command in the Texas War Machine November 7th.

MamaMia
10/23/2012, 01:36 AM
Oh good grief. If its not one excuse coming out of Mack Brown, its another.

soonergirlNeugene
10/23/2012, 02:51 AM
#FirstWorldProblems My TV network is paying $15million a year and they want me to do six hours a week on their show...

olevetonahill
10/23/2012, 04:30 AM
Mack
Im a Mother****in Soldier

Brown had to get to a network show taping.

''I'm a soldier,'' Brown said. ''They tell me to go work with the Longhorn Network, I'll go do it.''

SanJoaquinSooner
10/23/2012, 08:10 AM
Mack: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

badger
10/23/2012, 08:12 AM
I looked around AT&T UVerse for the first time last night (for anyone who has never swiched cable providers, it's annoying re-learning all of the channels --- i know, i know, #firstworld blah blah) and saw bevo tv

they were replaying the baylor game. if only baylor won i would have been watching.

SoonerMarkVA
10/23/2012, 09:27 AM
Mack
Im a Mother****in Soldier

Brown had to get to a network show taping.

''I'm a soldier,'' Brown said. ''They tell me to go work with the Longhorn Network, I'll go do it.''

Am I the only one who read that and immediately thought of Kellen Winslow as a withered old white guy clapping?

olevetonahill
10/23/2012, 09:43 AM
Am I the only one who read that and immediately thought of Kellen Winslow as a withered old white guy clapping?

Obviously not, :stupid:

70sooner
10/23/2012, 11:49 AM
it just keeps on getting better, LOL!~

Bohls: Mack has beef with Longhorn Network

By Kirk Bohls

American-Statesman Staff

Mack Brown has a complaint. He thinks his Texas football program is overexposed.

Pot, meet kettle.

What’s deliciously ironic is that the Longhorns coach is right. But when Brown complains that he has to commit too much time to his duties with the Longhorn Network, it smacks of blatant hypocrisy. Texas is overexposed because, well, Texas sought the extra exposure. Go figure.

Brown obviously has no one to blame but Texas itself. His own school pursued 24/7 coverage of all things burnt orange. When Athletic Director DeLoss Dodds and lieutenant Chris Plonsky first had the idea of creating the school’s own network, they did so with the admirable goal of giving their Olympic sports more publicity to enhance recruiting and give those athletes some exposure on a network now available to more than 5.5 million homes.

Texas should have been more careful about what it wished for. It had a role in four schools leaving the Big 12, and now Mack has some issues with the 1-year-old network, which brings Texas $300 million over 20 years.

Of course, Mack won’t get a lick of sympathy with his $5.3 million annual salary and all. He estimates he devotes six hours of his workweek to the three hourlong shows he tapes. Now, he didn’t suggest Texas’ defense is ranked 107th nationally because he’s spending too much time breaking down game tape and doing interviews on LHN, but Texas sure looks as if it needs more practice. (As a side note, Oklahoma’s Bob Stoops spends an hour a week at most for the new OU Network programming and consequently has more time to get ready to kick butt.)

Mack has not gone to Dodds with his beefs but clearly is annoyed.

“I don’t think there’s any question that it’s trial and error,” Brown said. “I think it’s fair to say we’re going to sit down at the end of the year and see what’s best for both parties. I didn’t ask for (the network). We were given a deal we had no input in.”

Dodds told me, “If it’s an issue for Mack, we’ll talk about it. It’s a frustration right now for Mack, but those things can be talked about. There are bumps in the road, but the network’s a terrific thing for the department and the university.”

An ESPN spokesperson, in a statement, said, “UT, along with ESPN, launched the Longhorn Network to serve the school’s tremendously passionate fan base with quality content. A network of this kind has never been done at this level, and it continues to evolve.”

Mack just wishes it would evolve with a little less Mack.

Ironically, LHN not only created a wedge between the Longhorns and Longhorn haters — mainly Aggies — but also united them. Until ESPN worked deals with a few distributors, everyone despised the network. Now, some Longhorn faithful have been placated because they have access, but they haven’t always liked what they’ve seen in this highly disappointing 5-2 season.

The LHN cameras are so intrusive, coaches have to watch what they say, both in strategy for the upcoming opponent, like Kansas this week, and in potentially motivating remarks about that opponent. Heck, Texas even tapes both ankles of players with an injured ankle so as not to reveal the actual damaged leg.

With LHN well into its second year, Texas has basically become Hard Knocks PG Version, but every day. One source said Baylor and Texas Tech coaches get LHN fed into their offices, but a Tech spokesman strongly disputed that. Baylor didn’t respond, maybe because Art Briles was watching, well, something.

For their part, both of Mack’s coordinators largely expressed indifference.

“That doesn’t have any effect on how we prepare or what we do,” co-offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin said. “You know they’re there, but I don’t let it bother me.”

“You can go to anybody’s website in America and watch their practice,” defensive coordinator Manny Diaz said. “I’m completely unaware (of LHN’s cameras). I don’t pay any attention to it, to be honest.”

But they don’t have Mack’s obligations either, and he’s in charge and under fire. For now, Mack’s not happy with the Longhorn Network.

And isn’t that rich?

In every way possible.

StoopTroup
10/23/2012, 12:31 PM
You had me at Mack is done....

I just hope he's not. Man he is fun. :D

Soonerjeepman
10/23/2012, 12:38 PM
"It's a true advantage (for opponents). They can watch our attitude, they can watch our coaches,'' Brown said.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/10/22/mack-brown-texas-longhorn-network.ap/index.html#ixzz2A92aiehk

really..?..attitude is a big thing..jeeze what an idiot..oh and I doubt too many other coaches want to watch your coaches...LOL

SoonerNomad
10/23/2012, 01:10 PM
Bohls' column is hilarious.

StoopTroup
10/23/2012, 01:13 PM
Watching "Rewind with MB"

Against Baylor....Mack on the first drive calls "The DD Williams Play" and his johnson goes 84 yards for a TD.

Mack's johnson really gave Baylor a full 7.

badger
10/23/2012, 01:18 PM
I wonder if the Longhorn Network broadcast Mack's complaints about the Longhorn Network. :mack:

StoopTroup
10/23/2012, 01:29 PM
You can tell he's not happy about the guy bringing up the OU Game. They keep talking about beating the guys they lost to last year that aren't OU.

badger
10/24/2012, 08:30 AM
OK, I just watched my first LHN last night. Here's some cool things that they do:

- During game rebroadcasts, they will splice in radio broadcast announcers from the live show during big whorn plays
- They will also show these plays from different angles right away
- No breaks in action mostly during the replays, except for commercial breaks.
- Postgame press conference from players and coaches after certain plays

It's similar to an NFL Network game rebroadcast (which you should check out sometime if you haven't already!)

Now, all of my complaints:
1- OH MY GAWD SO MUCH BURNT ORANGE. You know how ESPN usually has the upcoming game announcements on their bottom scroller? The background color for EVERY team in these announcements is BURNT ORANGE. When they are talking about minor sports whorns, each whorn's name is in... BURNT ORANGE.
2- "You are watching the Longhorn Network, a service of ESPN." A SERVICE?!??!?! This flashed like every five minutes on the bottom scroller! GAHHHHHH so dumb.
3- Whorn practice. You know how Mack raised a big stink that they were showing the first half hour of practices? The camera is mostly off to the side (so they can focus on two whorn-clad guys who are probably whorn alums themselves) while blah blah blahing about the previous game. Gawd, I wish we had this post-RRS and not post-Baylor Hook em

Annnnnd... I am not calling for a boycott on any of these companies, but I thought that you would all like to know that I repeatedly saw ads on the Longhorn Network for the following companies:
-Chick fil A
-Coors Light

Once again, I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy Coors Lite or Chickfilla, but JUST KNOW that they are patronizing Bevo TV. JUST KNOW!

In a nutshell, I would probably love the ever living hell out of this if I was a whorn. But since I'm not, it's pretty stupid all around.

cherokeebrewer
10/24/2012, 08:44 AM
I can't imagine why anyone would drink Coors Lite...

badger
10/24/2012, 08:56 AM

Some people think it is important for a beer to be brewed at a lower temperature... or some sh!t

olevetonahill
10/24/2012, 09:26 AM

Gonna pizs me off if Natty every goes there.

Wishboned
10/24/2012, 09:28 AM
So Chick Fil A won't support gay marriage but it will support the Longhorn network? You don't get any gayer than that.

olevetonahill
10/24/2012, 09:33 AM
So Chick Fil A won't support gay marriage but it will support the Longhorn network? You don't get any gayer than that.

:hororr:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/24/2012, 09:41 AM
So Chick Fil A won't support gay marriage but it will support the Longhorn network? You don't get any gayer than that.maybe there aren't any gay longwhorns...

Boomer.....
10/24/2012, 09:45 AM
maybe there aren't any gay longwhorns...

http://www.aggies9496.com/Images/tuStuff/texasband.jpg

Mazeppa
10/24/2012, 08:30 PM

Let's get it right,
It's spelled Coors "Light".
And I'm drinking one tonight.
Because they know how to spell light, right. :)

Mazeppa
10/24/2012, 08:41 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/994ck9.jpg

VA Sooner
10/24/2012, 10:58 PM
They are to busy preparing to secede Texas from the Union and lick Chuck Norris's and Ted Nugent's Testicles for a Command in the Texas War Machine November 7th.

That was a pretty grotesque image you just painted in my mind...

cherokeebrewer
10/25/2012, 08:16 AM
Bud/Miller/Coors all filter out the flavor, then do a good job of passing it off as beer. I brew my own or drink craft beers with some flavor...hops hops & more hops!