PDA

View Full Version : Stripe the Stadium

Cheerin' 4 OU
10/22/2012, 04:05 PM
I saw the other post where players wanted us to do a white-out, while other fans wanted us to wear all crimson.

OU released today that they want us to Stripe the Stadium:

Stripe The Stadium (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102212aag.html)

I hope we can pull this one off.

edit: Sorry guys, I really did not see the other thread.

badger
10/22/2012, 04:06 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?172600-**TO-THOSE-GOING-TO-THE-NOTRE-DAME-GAME-Stripe-the-Stadium!**

Seriously now :mad:

King Crimson
10/22/2012, 04:19 PM
what's the deal with sections 26-30. students don't have to stripe?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/22/2012, 04:24 PM
Students aren't allowed to buy white clothing. an old rule at OU.

colleyvillesooner
10/22/2012, 04:32 PM
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/6434/108803pv1.gif

Judge Smails
10/22/2012, 05:06 PM
If this was T-shirt weather, this would be no problem.

But I don't have a white coat and I'm not about to buy one.

BigTip
10/22/2012, 05:10 PM
If this was T-shirt weather, this would be no problem.

But I don't have a white coat and I'm not about to buy one.

fair weather fan eh?

Harris County Sooner
10/22/2012, 05:16 PM
Rally towel is kind of Aggy.

C&CDean
10/22/2012, 05:27 PM
I hope this **** goes over better than the shockwave. Anybody remember that one?

I Am Right
10/22/2012, 06:45 PM
Send us the clothes and we are in, until then nope.

auto
10/22/2012, 07:52 PM
What a bunch of whiny brokedicks. I thought all you people complained about was night games. Ridiculous.

Plexis22
10/22/2012, 08:21 PM
High in the 50's and sunny. Long sleeve t-shirt and pants weather. No excuses.

soonersweetie
10/22/2012, 08:21 PM
I think it's kinda cool. I see other teams do this on tv and we NEVER do anything like this. Last Sat I saw a guy with a mint green tshirt on. Seriously? We were playing Kansas, pick a team and the appropriate color, doesn't have to be a team shirt.

For those that don't have anything OU and white. Wear a white baseball cap, a white hoodie, or turtleneck, etc. Most of us have something similar.

As for the towel, kinda cool too. I think this request speaks volumes as to how important this game is to OU. Biggest home game in a LONG TIME!!

Judge Smails
10/22/2012, 08:22 PM

Sunny? At night? How does that work?

BajaOklahoma
10/22/2012, 08:27 PM

I am more concerned about the prediction of 37 during the game, down to a low of 33.

Atlsooner
10/22/2012, 08:51 PM
My gosh people. The university is asking you to do this. They are not asking you for the moon. Why not be a TEAM player like we ask the FB team to do. "If this was T-shirt weather"? WTH? It's football season. It's fall. It's Oklahoma. Jeez. Stay home and watch the game then. Boomer Sooner !!

BeaSooner
10/22/2012, 08:54 PM
A whole lotta whiney-vagineys here.

Judge Smails
10/22/2012, 09:03 PM
My gosh people. The university is asking you to do this. They are not asking you for the moon. Why not be a TEAM player like we ask the FB team to do. "If this was T-shirt weather"? WTH? It's football season. It's fall. It's Oklahoma. Jeez. Stay home and watch the game then. Boomer Sooner !!

You're missing the point Atlsooner. I said that about T-Shirt weather because I've got a closet full of white T-shirts.

But this is going to be coat weather, not T-Shirt weather. Any white T-shirt or any white shirt I wear will be covered up with a non-white coat.

Most men don't have a white coat, have never had a white coat, and never will have a white coat. Why? Because a white coat would not be white for very long with me or the men I know.

If you have a white men's coat that you will lend me for the night, I'll wear it.

MyT Oklahoma
10/22/2012, 09:08 PM
For the prices everyone is paying for tickets for this game just wear whatever you want but make lots of noise. Lots and lots of noise. Make me proud of you type of noise.

sooneron
10/22/2012, 09:09 PM
This "Stripe The Stadium" thread is sooooooo much better than Colley's!

And if I were lucky enough to be going, I would damn sure buy a white hoodie or something...

Atlsooner
10/22/2012, 09:20 PM
This "Stripe The Stadium" thread is sooooooo much better than Colley's!

And if I were lucky enough to be going, I would damn sure buy a white hoodie or something...

This ^ I am sure Judge, that you can find a Sooner store that would have a White sweat shirt, hoodie, or something that you can wear over your crimson colored shirt or long johns. It just bothered me, that people were calling the idea silly or stupid. Hope you didn't take it that I was calling you out. There are so manys times where people don't think we are loud enough, at the games and this could be something for fans of other teams to talk about. Be loud and be proud, but most of all be a Sooner.

nighttrain12
10/22/2012, 09:21 PM
Send us the clothes and we are in, until then nope.

Yeah, as much money as OU makes through football, the least they could do for the (arguably) biggest home game in the last 10 years is spend $2 (in China) per shirt to mass produce 86,000 shirts and lay them all on the seats for the game.

Plexis22
10/22/2012, 09:22 PM
But this is going to be coat weather, not T-Shirt weather.

White long sleeve t-shirt or hoody should be fine unless you're from Florida or California. We're talking around 50 degrees and sunny at kickoff and likely not less than 40 the entire game with light wind. Chilly yes, but no need for a coat. If you have that much of a problem with it at least wear a white hat..

nighttrain12
10/22/2012, 09:23 PM
Here's the compromise, we'll wear the appropriate colored shirt for our section and they won't hassle us when we yell ... and the home of the Sooners!!

sooneron
10/22/2012, 09:23 PM
Or a white poncho.

BeaSooner
10/22/2012, 09:26 PM
Or this.....http://imageshack.us/a/img22/5730/ghostkt.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/ghostkt.jpg/)

soonersweetie
10/22/2012, 09:30 PM
if you're yelling loud enough, there won't be a need for a coat....80k of your closest friends yelling at the top of their lungs will keep the stadium nice and warm with all that body heat generated. :)

FirstandGoal
10/22/2012, 09:40 PM
So is this look appropriate?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/Unabomber-sketch.png

GottaHavePride
10/22/2012, 09:52 PM
Jesus, people. Put the white tshirt on OVER YOUR DAMN COAT. Tshirt a stretch. Won't fit? Go pick up a XXL or something. Easy.

cleller
10/22/2012, 09:57 PM
what's the deal with sections 26-30. students don't have to stripe?

In the press release they asked for the student sections to wear crimson. Makes sense. They sometimes shift around and can't keep their minds straight, so they might as well all look the same.

Geez this is so simple. All you have to be is awake and slightly informed. Still, lots of people won't be able to follow it. Frustrating.

Judge Smails
10/22/2012, 09:59 PM
This ^ I am sure Judge, that you can find a Sooner store that would have a White sweat shirt, hoodie, or something that you can wear over your crimson colored shirt or long johns. It just bothered me, that people were calling the idea silly or stupid. Hope you didn't take it that I was calling you out. There are so manys times where people don't think we are loud enough, at the games and this could be something for fans of other teams to talk about. Be loud and be proud, but most of all be a Sooner.

No problem Altsooner, my son has a white hoodie that I'm going to wear, along with a white hat.

I think this stripe thing will be neat, it's just not very practical, given the Oklahoma weather, and with such late notice. I talked to several other season ticket holders tonight, and they have not even heard about it, and probably wouldn't have before game time.

I agree with nighttrain12, it would have been better if the university would lay out shirts on the seats, although I would hope they could buy them made in America, and avoid spending any more money in China than we have to. The problem of course, people are all different sizes and wearing all kinds of outer wear. This works much better at basketball games than football games. I guess the towels or whatever they are going to hand out will have to do.

zseese
10/22/2012, 10:01 PM
Really? Complaining about the weather? Put thermals on under your white t shirts in the white sections! It's called layering and its really quite simple, jeez. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about striping the stadium! The towel thing is kind of gay, overused, not original, and stupid though...

Judge Smails
10/22/2012, 10:48 PM
Really? Complaining about the weather? Put thermals on under your white t shirts in the white sections! It's called layering and its really quite simple, jeez. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about striping the stadium! The towel thing is kind of gay, overused, not original, and stupid though...

I agree with you on the towel thing. I would have preferred shirts.

I've sat through plenty of games with rain, sleet and snow, but I'm taking chemo now and the heat and cold have a much greater effect on me than they used to. But I'll bundle up and be there anyway and be loud and proud. BOOMER!

Collier11
10/22/2012, 11:55 PM
Judge Smails, im wearing a white OU polo with a long sleeve white T-shirt under it...you cant pull that off?

Atlsooner
10/23/2012, 07:12 AM
I hope the Notre Dame fans coming and sitting in section 35 get this memo. All ND need to wear white at the game.

boomersooner28
10/23/2012, 07:19 AM
Ya! ND fans got it easy. We aren't asking them to wear Crimson. Surely they can wear white and fit in. :beaten:

JiminyChristmas
10/23/2012, 07:21 AM
I know....... since everybody is complaining about this, just wear the opposite color from what they are telling you to wear in your section. If everyone in the stadium protests in this way, it'll really show em just how dumb this was.

cleller
10/23/2012, 08:17 AM
The towels may be old, but can still be effective. The shots from the field with thousands of towels flapping in every direction can mess up your senses, distract your vision, and give the illusion that the entire stadium is flying over a mine field.

PrideMom
10/23/2012, 10:08 AM
I hate the towels. I hope they have the thunder sticks for noise.

StoopTroup
10/23/2012, 11:20 AM
I hate the towels. I hope they have the thunder sticks for noise.

You made Towelie sad....;)

http://images.buddytv.com/articles/towelie-intervention-sp.jpg