PDA

View Full Version : No Bashing Necessary!

HateTheWhorns
10/22/2012, 02:14 PM
Lifetime Sooner fan here and family has been season ticket holders since 1928. I attended my first game the day OU switched to the Wishbone.....OU-TX 1970.

I say all this to appease the natural skepticism to my post. I am attending this week's game with my daughter (an OU Freshman-to-be next year) with a close family friend and his daughter who happen to be huge ND fans. I promised them we would go and watch the ND band warm up prior to the game.

Are there any current or former Pride members (or other knowledgeable posters) that know when and where the ND band will be warming up prior to game time?

Boomer Sooner!

sooner_born_1960
10/22/2012, 02:17 PM
I've heard they are warming up between games at Noble youth league games.

HateTheWhorns
10/22/2012, 03:33 PM
I've heard they are warming up between games at Noble youth league games.

Would that be Noble, Illinois or Noble, Oklahoma?

BoomerSoonerGoOU
10/22/2012, 03:50 PM
The Notre Dame band will practice on Noble High School’s football field in a rehearsal that is free and open to the public, Noble High band director Fred Queen wrote in an email to the school district’s employees.
According to Queen’s email, the Irish band will rehearse from approximately 1:15 to 2:30 p.m. on gameday in Noble’s stadium, which is in the midst of a massive renovation.

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2012/10/09/notre-dames-band-will-hold-a-free-gameday-rehearsal-at-noble-high-school-on-oct-27/

HateTheWhorns
10/22/2012, 04:53 PM
Bummer! Driving up from Dallas and not sure if we will be passing through in time to see that. Does anyone know if they will be warming up outside the south-end of stadium at any point prior to the game?

HateTheWhorns
10/23/2012, 04:19 PM
TTT.

No one has any clue as to where the ND will be warming up in the two hours leading up to kick-off? I know they will be rehearsing their routine at Noble HS after lunch, but have to believe they will be playing at some kind of pre-game rally near the stadium closer to kick-off.

Your input is appreciated.

PalmBeachSooner
10/23/2012, 04:23 PM
Can't you just call the music department at OU and ask them? I'm not trying to be glib but I think you could get an answer there faster than you would here.

Good Luck!

birddog
10/23/2012, 04:30 PM
TTT.

No one has any clue as to where the ND will be warming up in the two hours leading up to kick-off? I know they will be rehearsing their routine at Noble HS after lunch, but have to believe they will be playing at some kind of pre-game rally near the stadium closer to kick-off.

Your input is appreciated.

You're on your own with that. Not sure anyone is that worried about bands here unless they have a hit out on Brian britt

StoopTroup
10/23/2012, 04:43 PM
I thought Notre Dame's Band had their own network.

MamaMia
10/23/2012, 05:02 PM
maybe your Domer friends can call Notre Dame?

OUinFLA
10/23/2012, 06:53 PM
Lifetime Sooner fan here and family has been season ticket holders since 1928. I attended my first game the day OU switched to the Wishbone.....OU-TX 1970.

your post caught my attention. I had an Uncle and a 2nd cousin who played for OU in 1927 and 1928. You might have a recollection of my cousin's name. His name was Berry. He was a long time doctor in Norman. Berry Road was named after his father. It used to be a dirt road that ran the length of his farm. My uncle's name was LeCrone.

JLEW1818
10/23/2012, 07:06 PM
You don't need Domer friends, trust me. But you def need a couple Whorn friends at all times.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/23/2012, 10:20 PM
JLew loves horns and aTm aggies

HateTheWhorns
10/24/2012, 09:25 AM
your post caught my attention. I had an Uncle and a 2nd cousin who played for OU in 1927 and 1928. You might have a recollection of my cousin's name. His name was Berry. He was a long time doctor in Norman. Berry Road was named after his father. It used to be a dirt road that ran the length of his farm. My uncle's name was LeCrone.

Appreciate the history. I do recognize the Berry name, but did not know their family. My great grandfather and grandfather would have certainly known them. They were from Wewoka and the family ties to OU have run deep since the early 1900s. Davis Hall was named for my great-great grandmother. My great grandfather was active in the program during the Bennie Owens years and was very involved in the fundraising to build the west side stands in 1926 and east side stands in 1929. My grandfather played baseball and basketball for OU and introduced the bill (while serving in the OK state legislature) to obtain the funding for OU's first basketball arena (aka Aldridge field house or aka Macasland).

My father graduated OU in the early 1950s and worked with several Dallas-area recruits for Wilkinson, Jones, Fairbanks, McKenzie and Switzer (until the NCAA put a stop to alumni assistance in recruiting). His most notable recruits in later years were Jerry Sanders and Terry Crouch.

It's' been a fun journey and hope to take in several more MNCs before I depart.

Boomer Sooner!

HateTheWhorns
10/24/2012, 09:28 AM
maybe your Domer friends can call Notre Dame?

Thanks MamaMia. Looks like that's what we're gonna need to do.

sooneron
10/24/2012, 09:31 AM
I would say the perfect place would be on Chatauqua, just south of Highway 9. :)