PDA

View Full Version : Egg Poachin

olevetonahill
10/22/2012, 09:13 AM
I wanta get me an egg poacher. any one got any suggestions on type ?

FirstandGoal
10/22/2012, 09:31 AM
Eww...

I eat 'em fried, scrambled, or boiled. Poached eggs are gross.

olevetonahill
10/22/2012, 09:38 AM
Eww...

I eat 'em fried, scrambled, or boiled. Poached eggs are gross.

I love em on toast, just dont like the mess with usin the Hot water an vinegar deal

Boomer.....
10/22/2012, 10:13 AM
I bought one of these at teh Wal-Marts and it works like a charm. I use them for homemade mcmuffins. Crack the egg, add a little water, and pop in the microwave for a minute.

http://www.promo-wholesale.com/Upfiles/Prod_p/Microwave-Egg-Poacher--2-Egg_20090604398.jpg

olevetonahill
10/22/2012, 10:26 AM
I dont go to the Wally weird
I did order THIS off of Amazon a bit ago

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CGSYBM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

rock on sooner
10/22/2012, 10:27 AM
Hell, Vet, I saw the thread title and thought somebody's stealin
Vet's eggs. I wuz gonna tell ya to git yer shotgun and load it
with rock salt...:biggrin:

olevetonahill
10/22/2012, 10:28 AM

:pirate:

I like me some poached eggs every now an then
Plus I can NEVER find Eggs Benedict any where around here so Ima make my own

Boomer.....
10/22/2012, 11:00 AM

That's FANCY!

olevetonahill
10/22/2012, 11:12 AM
That's FANCY!

Now if I can just keep up with all the pieces

Turd_Ferguson
10/22/2012, 11:16 AM
I love em on toast, just dont like the mess with usin the Hot water an vinegar deal

I use water and lemon juice. An Irish muffin, baked sausage patty and a poached egg cooked to a little over medium is da bomb.

olevetonahill
10/22/2012, 11:28 AM
I use water and lemon juice. An Irish muffin, baked sausage patty and a poached egg cooked to a little over medium is da bomb.

Lemon juice /vinegar all the same Bro

I wanted sompun not as messy and dayum sure easier than dropping the thing in really hot water

Turd_Ferguson
10/22/2012, 11:50 AM
Lemon juice /vinegar all the same Bro

I wanted sompun not as messy and dayum sure easier than dropping the thing in really hot water
I hur ya. My cast iron is get'n jealous. I've been baking the sausage and bacon on top of a cooling rack placed on top of a half sheet. Amazing how good it taste, and a whole lot better than that fried ****. Now, if I could only get used to the taste of turkey bacon/sausage :biggrin:

SoonerInFortSmith
10/22/2012, 12:06 PM
Next time you're in Fort Smith go eat at Bob Evans. They have eggs Benedict. And all other manner of Yankee food if that's your thing. :D

olevetonahill
10/22/2012, 12:15 PM
Next time you're in Fort Smith go eat at Bob Evans. They have eggs Benedict. And all other manner of Yankee food if that's your thing. :D

Wheres it at?

KantoSooner
10/22/2012, 12:51 PM
Cheap and easy? Cut a green pepper in half horizontally at the middle. Clean out all the seeds and stuff from inside. Put your egg inside one half and then balance that in your pan of water and simmer. You cat eat the pepper with the egg or flop it out and eat the pepper separately.
You can also put a bunch of hot sauce in the bottom of the pepper first and let it cook wiith the egg.

SoonerInFortSmith
10/22/2012, 01:21 PM

Wheres it at?

In front of the new target store. If you gonna be in town any time soon maybe we can meet up.

Turd_Ferguson
10/22/2012, 01:25 PM
Cheap and easy? Cut a green pepper in half horizontally at the middle. Clean out all the seeds and stuff from inside. Put your egg inside one half and then balance that in your pan of water and simmer. You cat eat the pepper with the egg or flop it out and eat the pepper separately.
You can also put a bunch of hot sauce in the bottom of the pepper first and let it cook wiith the egg.Mmmm...that sound good.

olevetonahill
10/22/2012, 03:29 PM
In front of the new target store. If you gonna be in town any time soon maybe we can meet up.

New Target store? where the **** is that.
You got my didjits dont ya?

C&CDean
10/22/2012, 04:56 PM
Since it's a food thread, I'll add a new discovery I found.

I was listening to a POS Patricia Cornwell novel whilst driving out to Jacksonville this past week. Seriously, WTF did this girl do to her writing talent? She used to be pretty good, but this one (The Bone Bed) was crap. Anyhow, in the book while she's describing what Kay Scarpetta is cooking in agonizing detail (bitch makes Clancy look good in this regard) she talks about "grilling some italian sausage for the pasta."

Anyhow, last night momma was making whole wheat spaghetti and sausage and peppers. I said "wanna try grilling the sausage?" She usually cooks it in olive oil along with the peppers and onions and garlic. She goes "sure." So I fire up the grill and throw the italian sausage on. **** has a lot of fat, and you have to watch it close cause it will throw some serious flames.

Best evah. Evah. I highly recommend it if you haven't already done it. Get some Johnsonville Hot Italian sausage and grill em'. Totally different taste than sauteeing or frying. Lot less fat too. I can't wait for the sausage/beef/peppers/onions/cheese sammich tonight.

SoonerInFortSmith
10/22/2012, 05:12 PM
Grilled Italian sausages are the best. Always take some when I go camping.

Turd_Ferguson
10/22/2012, 06:06 PM
I like italian sausage without fennel. The black licorice taste is nasty.

KantoSooner
10/23/2012, 09:12 AM
Lovera's from Pete's in Krebs. Hot or sweet.
And you can pick up eleventy different kinds of olives.

Sun dried tomato juliennes, with black olives and grilled hot sausage. A little olive oil that you've fried some garlic slices in. Toss with your pasta. Sprinkle with romano and chili flakes. Big ole bottle of chianti or barollo. Sit on the porch and award the dog a soup bone for his good service. Listen to the birds as it gets dark out.

Pretty close to optimal.

tator
10/23/2012, 09:57 AM
Getting back on topic....

I have one of these and it works pretty well. I use it a few times a month on the weekends.
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/2f/8/AAAAAovLs1wAAAAAAC-FJg.jpg?v=1170651517000

olevetonahill
10/23/2012, 10:06 AM

I have one of these and it works pretty well. I use it a few times a month on the weekends.
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/2f/8/AAAAAovLs1wAAAAAAC-FJg.jpg?v=1170651517000

I had seen those, but I wanted to be able to cook moren 1 at a time

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2012, 11:43 AM
Get some egg rings. Enjoy the win.

olevetonahill
10/23/2012, 11:54 AM
Get some egg rings. Enjoy the win.

saw some of those, What they do sides hold the egg in a circle?

MamaMia
10/23/2012, 01:10 PM
Mine cooks 6 and looks like the one you ordered from Amazon vet. I also have the silicone ones that I use when its just the 2 of us. I got those at Bed Bath and Beyond. We make a lot of eggs Benedict here. I use to have the microwave ones but could never get the egg too cook evenly, so I gave mine away to my daughter. She likes hers uneven and says that they cook evenly if you use a small or medium egg. I always use large. :D

Tulsa_Fireman
10/23/2012, 01:26 PM
saw some of those, What they do sides hold the egg in a circle?

You can water bath your eggs a lot easier. You don't have the whites floating all over the pan.

That, and it allows you to fry a nice, thick egg if you're not of a mind to poach.

olevetonahill
10/26/2012, 07:10 PM
Got it today, Its a Lot heavier than I expected , Looks good and will prolly last me the rest of My life or until I lose all the lil cup deals

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31%2BwQcIfMnL._SX450_.jpg

diverdog
10/27/2012, 04:06 AM
Since it's a food thread, I'll add a new discovery I found.

I was listening to a POS Patricia Cornwell novel whilst driving out to Jacksonville this past week. Seriously, WTF did this girl do to her writing talent? She used to be pretty good, but this one (The Bone Bed) was crap. Anyhow, in the book while she's describing what Kay Scarpetta is cooking in agonizing detail (bitch makes Clancy look good in this regard) she talks about "grilling some italian sausage for the pasta."

Anyhow, last night momma was making whole wheat spaghetti and sausage and peppers. I said "wanna try grilling the sausage?" She usually cooks it in olive oil along with the peppers and onions and garlic. She goes "sure." So I fire up the grill and throw the italian sausage on. **** has a lot of fat, and you have to watch it close cause it will throw some serious flames.

Best evah. Evah. I highly recommend it if you haven't already done it. Get some Johnsonville Hot Italian sausage and grill em'. Totally different taste than sauteeing or frying. Lot less fat too. I can't wait for the sausage/beef/peppers/onions/cheese sammich tonight.

Dean:

You need to boil your sausages before grilling them. That way your center is cooked and you do not have to worry about burning the outside. A French chef taught me that trick and it works. It allows you to grill them to perfection. I like throwing them on the smoker as well. I wish I could have gone to one of your tail gates. I would have brought you freshly made Italian sausages from the Philly Italian market.

diverdog
10/27/2012, 04:09 AM
Got it today, Its a Lot heavier than I expected , Looks good and will prolly last me the rest of My life or until I lose all the lil cup deals

This video would have saved you thirty bucks:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=idq9DRbMZ7I

olevetonahill
10/27/2012, 06:42 AM
This video would have saved you thirty bucks:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=idq9DRbMZ7I

No it wouldnt have cause the Link dont werk , I even copy Pasted and Nuthin werked
Sides what part of I was tired of messin with the Boilin water crap did ya Miss?

Ima make me some here in a little Bit

olevetonahill
10/27/2012, 07:10 AM
Perfect, Very easy to use and FAST as well, Sat here and finished my coffee and then went in to fix Brefast
. less than 20 minutes to cook it an eat.

By the time My Bacon was done so was the Eggs
Doubt Ill fry em any more unless I just want that Bacon grease taste

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/27/2012, 07:17 AM

Hilarious!

olevetonahill
10/27/2012, 07:22 AM
Hilarious!

Dayum, Coyotes, Coons and Possum done killed all my chickens .

Got a friend who gives me all the country eggs I want

rock on sooner
10/27/2012, 09:23 AM
Dean:

You need to boil your sausages before grilling them. That way your center is cooked and you do not have to worry about burning the outside. A French chef taught me that trick and it works. It allows you to grill them to perfection. I like throwing them on the smoker as well. I wish I could have gone to one of your tail gates. I would have brought you freshly made Italian sausages from the Philly Italian market.

That's the way to do bratwurst, too.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/27/2012, 12:00 PM
Had a soft boiled egg this morning. I did four minutes in boiling water and one extra minute in the water with heat off.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/27/2012, 12:01 PM

Good thing you have Juanita to wash your dishes.

olevetonahill
10/27/2012, 12:11 PM
Good thing you have Juanita to wash your dishes.

Valentina, Hell I done cleaned it up and put it away
Its as easy to clean as it is to use
Now the Plate and stuff are piled up on the counter

1890MilesToNorman
10/27/2012, 12:26 PM

I've one of those from about 25 years ago and it works well, not $25 well but still good.

olevetonahill
10/27/2012, 12:35 PM
I've one of those from about 25 years ago and it works well, not $25 well but still good.

Its well worth the 25 so far to me :smug:

olevetonahill
10/28/2012, 08:35 AM
Had a soft boiled egg this morning. I did four minutes in boiling water and one extra minute in the water with heat off.

ONE egg? Just ONE egg? all ONE egg would do is Pisz My stomach off

rock on sooner
10/28/2012, 08:35 PM
ONE egg? Just ONE egg? all ONE egg would do is Pisz My stomach off

Welp, you need to talk ta ya stomach...tell it ta chill...cas yer gonna eat
what you wanna eat...ya got that?

olevetonahill
10/28/2012, 08:41 PM
Welp, you need to talk ta ya stomach...tell it ta chill...cas yer gonna eat
what you wanna eat...ya got that?

Dayum skippy. I et 4 yesterday and I et 4 today

rock on sooner
10/28/2012, 08:42 PM
Dayum skippy. I et 4 yesterday and I et 4 today

Well, then, yer good. Qwitcher bitchin....

olevetonahill
10/28/2012, 09:04 PM
Well, then, yer good. Qwitcher bitchin....

Aint bitchin, My Gut would be iffen It had had just ONE ****in egg tho.

rock on sooner
10/28/2012, 09:19 PM
F*** it, I'm tired...worked in the yard all afternoon, ate some pizza
fer dinner, watchin the Broncos beatin up on the Saints now, ima goin
ta bed. Later....

olevetonahill
10/28/2012, 09:31 PM
F*** it, I'm tired...worked in the yard all afternoon, ate some pizza
fer dinner, watchin the Broncos beatin up on the Saints now, ima goin
ta bed. Later....

Yea I had a hard day also
Et 4 eggs, had a sammich fer lunch. Made some deer stew fer supper with Homemade biscuits, Took a Nap. Yea Im bout ready fer bed to.

MamaMia
10/30/2012, 04:36 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31%2BwQcIfMnL._SX450_.jpgYou probably know this but your eggs will cook more evenly if you use all the inserts even if you arent poaching 4 eggs. Make sure you fill the egg cups that you aren't using with water.

StoopTroup
10/30/2012, 07:27 PM

Ours is just about worn out. Greatest Toaster Evah. Evah.

Johnsonville Sausages are dog food. I have found a couple of folks who case their own sausages here in town. I swear....once you find a butcher who can do them....you'll never want a Johnsonville Snausage again. Evah.