PDA

View Full Version : So OsU lost Walsh for the season

olevetonahill
10/22/2012, 06:29 AM
Lunt may get to play, but if not that leaves their 3rd stringer
It ain lookin very bright fer the Cream-cycles:very_drunk:

PrideMom
10/22/2012, 08:34 AM
Convenient, now no quarterback controversy. Do you really think if the injury was as bad as they say he could play the entire game, with record passing?

olevetonahill
10/22/2012, 08:35 AM
Convenient, now no quarterback controversy. Do you really think if the injury was as bad as they say he could play the entire game, with record passing?

No clue, I dont keep up with em. Just stumbled on that this morning

FirstandGoal
10/22/2012, 08:47 AM
Pokie is fooked (well, more so than usual) if Lundt isn't ready to come back.

budbarrybob
10/22/2012, 08:51 AM

eggsactly. Seriously. Seems like a chance to get that medical redshirt to me.

olevetonahill
10/22/2012, 08:52 AM

Is this lunt er whatever kid THAT good? that they would pull a Kid whos playin the way Walsh is for him ?

badger
10/22/2012, 10:37 AM
btw, the preferred term for Poke State is now OKLAST, or OK-LAST or OK LAST:
http://www.orangepower.com/attachments/imageuploadedbytapatalk1348964925-556916-jpg.13660/

CowboyMRW
10/22/2012, 10:44 AM

It is impossible for JW to get a medical redshirt. He's played in way too many games. Sorry to burst your bubble.

olevetonahill
10/22/2012, 10:53 AM
So is that Lunt kid healthy or what?
Who Yall play this week?

Mississippi Sooner
10/22/2012, 10:55 AM
OK-LAST has TCU this week. Then K-State. Then WVU. Then Taco Tech. Then us. Ouch.

VA Sooner
10/22/2012, 10:58 AM
OSU needs a good QB against TCU since their defense is stout.

The Lunt kid is very good but if he's not a 100%, he should take a medical redshirt and preserve his future. Get out there too soon and you never heal just right.

Chelf is their third-stringer... he was Weeden's backup and a senior I think. Don't know much more than that though.

Boomer.....
10/22/2012, 11:00 AM
Sucks for him and them. Odd that he injured it at the beginning of the game and played the rest of the game. Looks like it will be Chelf (3rd string) if Lunt can't come back.

FirstandGoal
10/22/2012, 11:06 AM
OK-LAST has TCU this week. Then K-State. Then WVU. Then Taco Tech. Then us. Ouch.

Dang.

They have the potential to drop 5 straight.

OKLAST is definitely the proper term.

olevetonahill
10/22/2012, 11:10 AM
Dang.

They have the potential to drop 5 straight.

OKLAST is definitely the proper term.
I aint a changin. They Pokes. OsU. Faggies and any other thing I can think of

goingoneight
10/22/2012, 11:45 AM
Any 40-year old baseball players stumbled into Gundy's office lately?

It's been a rough year for them so far and yet-- they're still as alive as anybody for the BIG12 if KSU drops a few. Hate it for the players because injuries suck. So what was the story? Is it a knee injury aggravated in practice or something?

badger
10/22/2012, 11:58 AM
It's been a rough year for them so far

I know recent Pokes might feel entitled, but OKLAST is historically BAD.
- Started football in 1901, don't get a winning season till 1911
- It took till their 17th winning season (in 1944) to make a bowl
- 46 total winning seasons since 1901 (I think it was last season that they finally surpassed their all-time .500 mark for wins/losses
- 22 bowls (14 wins)
- 12 seasons finishing in the rankings
-17 victories over OU (compared with 82 losses and 7 ties, THE most lopsided in-state rivalry in the nation)
-7 national award winners (3 were in 1988 by Barry Sanders BY HIMSELF, 2 were KICKING awards, and 2 were Blackmon)
- ONE heisman, NO national titles

Cowboys 4ever!

VA Sooner
10/22/2012, 06:54 PM

VA Sooner
10/22/2012, 06:55 PM
Any 40-year old baseball players stumbled into Gundy's office lately?

It's been a rough year for them so far and yet-- they're still as alive as anybody for the BIG12 if KSU drops a few. Hate it for the players because injuries suck. So what was the story? Is it a knee injury aggravated in practice or something?

I thought Gundy was 40!!!!!

Oh wait... that was a different story....

goingoneight
10/22/2012, 07:08 PM
- 46 total winning seasons since 1901 (I think it was last season that they finally surpassed their all-time .500 mark for wins/losses
- 22 bowls (14 wins)
-17 victories over OU (compared with 82 losses and 7 ties, THE most lopsided in-state rivalry in the nation)
-7 national award winners (3 were in 1988 by Barry Sanders BY HIMSELF, 2 were KICKING awards, and 2 were Blackmon)

Cowboys 4ever!

Oh, yeah... no need to remind me what traditional lOSUrs they are. :D
I was hearing about the arrests, injuries and the screwjob against Tejas.

budbarrybob
10/22/2012, 09:27 PM
It is impossible for JW to get a medical redshirt. He's played in way too many games. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Hasn't even played in half the games this season has he? Not my bubble to burst. If I had a decent QB that may not even sniff the field for a few years (4) if Lunt continues to do as well as OSU is expecting. I'd think about extending his stay in Stilly. Just how few games can you play and still get a medical for the year? I'm too lazy to look it up.

cleller
10/22/2012, 09:59 PM
If the Pokes say they have lost Walsh for the season, what makes them so sure they could even find him for next season? He could be anywhere by then.

Judge Smails
10/22/2012, 10:12 PM
No where to go but up = TEAM ON THE RISE

- 22 bowls (14 wins)

Cowboys 4ever!

HateTheWhorns
10/23/2012, 01:53 PM
Lunt may get to play, but if not that leaves their 3rd stringer. It ain lookin very bright fer the Cream-cycles:very_drunk:

Not good for us. We need OSU at full strength to take down KSU. Plus, we need a full strength OSU team to beat in Norman to help us in the BCS. I do not see this as a good thing or something to crow about.

goingoneight
10/23/2012, 02:13 PM
How do we need OSU to be good? Somebody in our round robin schedule has to suck.

HateTheWhorns
10/23/2012, 03:41 PM
How do we need OSU to be good? Somebody in our round robin schedule has to suck.

Uh......I thought my point was pretty clear.........a full strength OSU equals a team that has a better chance to beat KSU than an OSU team playing with a 3rd string QB.

My point about the round robin benefit was ancillary. If OSU beats KSU and can run the table then that probably means they are ranked fairly high when we play them and helps us (from a perception standpoint in the human polls) if we beat them late in the season. I get the point you are trying to make that if we win all our games it doesn't matter what the other teams do against each other, but I think that is more applicable to the computer polls than the human polls.

Believe me, we want our end of year opponents to be ranked as high as possible. That gives us greater press coverage and helps us pass the eye test with the human poll voters (which is 2/3 of BCS).

If someone has to suck, then let it be Kansas or Texas.

ultimatesooner1
10/24/2012, 01:06 PM
my not so bold prediction - OSUcks loses the rest of their games

FirstandGoal
10/24/2012, 01:37 PM
my not so bold prediction - OSUcks loses the rest of their games

Well that would be a downright shame if it were to happen.

Hang on a minute guys while I sit here and try to muster up some sympathy for the POOR AGGIES!

.......still waiting.......

still--wait a minute!--........ nope..... still waiting.

Landthief 1972
10/24/2012, 04:15 PM
Uh......I thought my point was pretty clear.........a full strength OSU equals a team that has a better chance to beat KSU than an OSU team playing with a 3rd string QB.

My point about the round robin benefit was ancillary. If OSU beats KSU and can run the table then that probably means they are ranked fairly high when we play them and helps us (from a perception standpoint in the human polls) if we beat them late in the season. I get the point you are trying to make that if we win all our games it doesn't matter what the other teams do against each other, but I think that is more applicable to the computer polls than the human polls.

Believe me, we want our end of year opponents to be ranked as high as possible. That gives us greater press coverage and helps us pass the eye test with the human poll voters (which is 2/3 of BCS).

If someone has to suck, then let it be Kansas or Texas.

Even with Lunt or JW, OSU had very little chance of beating K-State. Their defense is nowhere near what it was a year ago. They struggled, when they were at full strength, to try and tie the game with Texas. The same Texas that lost to a West Virginia team that was beaten by a Tech team we blew the doors off of. Looking at their remaining schedule, assuming they were at full strength, I see maybe a win vs. Tech, a lesser chance of beating TCU, even smaller chance against WV, and virtually no shot vs. OU or K-State.

picasso
10/24/2012, 05:12 PM
Never count the pokes out in any of their games the rest of the season.

They are using some strange hair gel these days.

jk the sooner fan
10/24/2012, 05:27 PM
If the Pokes say they have lost Walsh for the season, what makes them so sure they could even find him for next season? He could be anywhere by then.

no, pretty sure he's wearing one of those Waldo hats, cept in orange and black

somebody will point him out.....