PDA

View Full Version : More Details From the Benghazi Attack

Pages : 1 [2]

FaninAma
11/5/2012, 05:38 PM
Why in the hell do you guys think that Benghazi was the only place on the whole ****ing planet that was threatened on 9/11?

Quick reaction is a relative term. When I was in the service these kind of missions are what we trained for and I can tell you if no one is on alert it takes a while to get going. You have everything from packing your kit to a trip to the armory, to loading the aircraft to preflight planning to flying flying to the drop zone. About the only forces that I knew that had less than a half hour turn around were the nuclear forces who had hot birds sitting alpha alerts.

Remind me again what crisis broke out in Croatia on 9-11? Like I said, even if we accept the premise that no military force could have been flown into Libya in time to save at least 3 of the 4 Americans killed it still leaves the question as to why there wasn't more security in the country before the attack unaswered. And I don't accept the premise that a larger military presence couldn't reach Benghazi over the course of the 9 hour attack. And, as we are seeing now with the fingee pointing, lack of accountability and massive lack of clarity on the events surrounding the attack coming out of this administration it is apparent that there was a vacuum of leadership on the night the attacks occured.

SoonerProphet
11/5/2012, 06:37 PM
Starting to reek of desperation in here. Opportunity to claim a team victory has passed, better luck next time. Perhaps the ghoulish behavior will pay off then.

FaninAma
11/5/2012, 07:44 PM
Starting to reek of desperation in here. Opportunity to claim a team victory has passed, better luck next time. Perhaps the ghoulish behavior will pay off then.

You seem a bit stressed out. I expected a bit more maturity from you than you've exhibited in this discussion. BTW, one of the mothers of the ex-Navy Seals(Is that term more to your liking or should I say "guns for hire"?) in addition to Tyrone Woods's father have questioned the administration's handling of this mess....those ghouls.

SoonerProphet
11/5/2012, 08:03 PM
You seem a bit stressed out. I expected a bit more maturity from you than you've exhibited in this discussion.

Really, that is pretty rich. I initially approached the topic with pragmatism on many of the threads on this topic. Certain people get butthurt over counter-arguments that don't jive with the facts. Thus they start shifting blame, tossing insults, and sh!t goes south. Don't get all indignant when it blows up your in face and folks call you on it. I can say the exact same of you regarding this discussion, turn about is fair play and all. You and I have had tons of cordial discourse on soonerfans over the years and a fair share if barbs as well, no need to patronize.

Turd_Ferguson
11/5/2012, 08:24 PM
Prophet's always had a stick up his *** :biggrin:

Whet
11/5/2012, 09:10 PM
CBS sat on cut portions of Obama's Sep. 12th interview saying it wasn't terrorist attack. Just another example of the MSM covering for this slimeball Obama.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50134495n&tag=mg;60minutes

FaninAma
11/5/2012, 09:22 PM
Really, that is pretty rich. I initially approached the topic with pragmatism on many of the threads on this topic. Certain people get butthurt over counter-arguments that don't jive with the facts. Thus they start shifting blame, tossing insults, and sh!t goes south. Don't get all indignant when it blows up your in face and folks call you on it. I can say the exact same of you regarding this discussion, turn about is fair play and all. You and I have had tons of cordial discourse on soonerfans over the years and a fair share if barbs as well, no need to patronize.

This could have been a cordial exchange but when you start accusing me of caring about this only because of partisanship and "walking over the dead corpses" of those killed due to politically motivated reasons then of course I will take umbrage to your assertions. I am far from being a political hack for one party. I think Bush was an idiot. I hate how his Neo-conservative foreign policy has wasted the lives of so many of our young people in unwise foreign wars. But then I see Obama doing exactly the same thing by arming the foes of governments he does not like in a clandestine fashion even though those he is arming may turn out to be bigger threats to this country than the tyrant despots he trying to overthrow and I realize nothing has changed. He is doing the same thing Bush did but he is supporting groups that, IMO, pose an even bigger threat to the country.

We should get out of the Middle East. If Ghadaffi needed to be overthrown then let other countries do all of the dirty work. If Assad in Syria needs to be overthrown let the other countries ship weapons to the Muslim Brotherhood surrogates fighting him in that country. Our Founding Father's warned us about foreign entanglements that would hurt and weaken our country by wasting the youth that served in our military as well as our wealth but apparently todays' current crop of leaders feel they are much smarter than our Founding Fathers.

Countries and societies never change because of force exerted from the outside. They only change from enlightement and change from within their own culture. The Muslim world has to change itself. The West cannot do it. We can destroy them but we can't change them.

SoonerProphet
11/5/2012, 09:49 PM
This could have been a cordial exchange but when you start accusing me of caring about this only because of partisanship and "walking over the dead corpses" of those killed due to politically motivated reasons then of course I will take umbrage to your assertions. I am far from being a political hack for one party. I think Bush was an idiot. I hate how his Neo-conservative foreign policy has wasted the lives of so many of our young people in unwise foreign wars. But then I see Obama doing exactly the same thing by arming the foes of governments he does not like in a clandestine fashion even though those he is arming may turn out to be bigget threats to this country than the tyrant despots he trying to overthrow and I realize nothing has changed. He is doing the same thing Bush did but he is supporting groups that, IMO, pose a bigger threat to the country.

Oh, bullsh*t. I claimed nothing of the sort. No wonder these things go round and round, you can't even get the facts correct here. I haven't trivialized their deaths, your delusional. They were CIA contractors doing a job. Just look at the information that has come out, nobody told anyone to stand down, no running gun battle, admin moved military as rapidly as possible, no cover up, no smoking guns, just questionable reporting from the gop media outlets. Every mudsling hasn't stuck. Yet you continue to politicize the issue and have gotten your pantsy in a bunch to boot. Talk about stress.

We should get out of the Middle East. If Ghadaffi needed to be overthrown then let other countries do all of the dirty work. If Assad in Syria needs to be overthrown let the other countries ship weapons to the Muslim Brotherhood surrogates fighting him in that country. Our Founding father's warned us about foreign entanglements that would hurt and weaken out country but apparently todays' current crop of leaders feel they are much smarter than they were.

Countries and societies never change because of force exerted from the outside. They only change from enlightement and change from within their own culture. The Muslim world has to change itself. The West cannot do it. We can destroy them but we can't change them.

You know damn good and well that is a completely separate issue. Now if you want to have a debate on clandestine operations, the gwot, and the like, well I am certainly game. But the fabrications that this is a watergate scandal and the efforts to politicize it have frankly been disgusting. And if it turns out Issa and his bunch sold out the CIA and covert operations in an effort to score political points, they should go to the wall.

StoopTroup
11/6/2012, 12:57 AM
This whole thing stinks of GWB Patriots that are butthurt from the deer in the headlights look GWB had when informed of the attacks on 9-11-01.

Folks just have to try and make something like Benghazi into a 9-11-01 type of failure of our current administration to protect 4 Americans in a Country that had just killed their Leader and fought a Civil War. It's not even near being that type of failure.

The Ambassador knew he was taking a huge risk staying in Libya on 9-11-12. I'm thinking if he had that to do over he would have just left Libya for a week. Once he didn't follow orders to seek protection from the New Libyan Government and decided to take his road trip...he put the other three at risk. Could it have been their own arrogance to do things their own way that got them all killed? I'm not sure that would have been something either candidate would have claimed.

cleller
11/6/2012, 08:42 AM
This whole thing stinks of GWB Patriots that are butthurt from the deer in the headlights look GWB had when informed of the attacks on 9-11-01.

Folks just have to try and make something like Benghazi into a 9-11-01 type of failure of our current administration to protect 4 Americans in a Country that had just killed their Leader and fought a Civil War. It's not even near being that type of failure.

The Ambassador knew he was taking a huge risk staying in Libya on 9-11-12. I'm thinking if he had that to do over he would have just left Libya for a week. Once he didn't follow orders to seek protection from the New Libyan Government and decided to take his road trip...he put the other three at risk. Could it have been their own arrogance to do things their own way that got them all killed? I'm not sure that would have been something either candidate would have claimed.

It could have also been the extra security they had been requesting for months was never given them. Or maybe they thought when they hit that alarm in the compound the good ole USA would come running to save them.

LiveLaughLove
11/6/2012, 09:14 AM

Inevitably, it always gets back to Bush, doesn't it. No matter what the occurrence, no matter what has happened, its always, in the bitter end, about Bush. Remarkable.

FaninAma
11/6/2012, 04:34 PM
Oh, bullsh*t. I claimed nothing of the sort. No wonder these things go round and round, you can't even get the facts correct here. I haven't trivialized their deaths, your delusional. They were CIA contractors doing a job. Just look at the information that has come out, nobody told anyone to stand down, no running gun battle, admin moved military as rapidly as possible, no cover up, no smoking guns, just questionable reporting from the gop media outlets. Every mudsling hasn't stuck. Yet you continue to politicize the issue and have gotten your pantsy in a bunch to boot. Talk about stress.

You know damn good and well that is a completely separate issue. Now if you want to have a debate on clandestine operations, the gwot, and the like, well I am certainly game. But the fabrications that this is a watergate scandal and the efforts to politicize it have frankly been disgusting. And if it turns out Issa and his bunch sold out the CIA and covert operations in an effort to score political points, they should go to the wall.

Your faux outrage is really getting old Prophet. I can go back and find the specific post where you said that but I don't really care to engage you on the issue any more. You are just another psuedo-intellectual progressive who likes to think he is objective but when push comes to shove you are just another partisan sheep who will defend the politicians you support to the bitter end.....just like those on the far right.

Harry Beanbag
11/6/2012, 05:01 PM
Your faux outrage is really getting old Prophet. I can go back and find the specific post where you said that but I don't really care to engage you on the issue any more. You are just another psuedo-intellectual progressive who likes to think he is objective but when push comes to shove you are just another partisan sheep who will defend the politicians you support to the bitter end.....just like those on the far right.

Bingo.

Midtowner
11/6/2012, 05:18 PM
This thing is still going? I'd figure that by now everyone read that the administration moved what assets it had as rapidly as possible, that no stand down order was ever given, etc.? Oh well.

XingTheRubicon
11/6/2012, 05:47 PM
This thing is still going? I'd figure that by now everyone read that the administration moved what assets it had as rapidly as possible, that no stand down order was ever given, etc.? Oh well.

So, in other words, if you're an ambassador and your embassy is attacked...just expect to be killed. Oh well.

C&CDean
11/6/2012, 06:25 PM
So, in other words, if you're an ambassador and your embassy is attacked...just expect to be killed. Oh well.

Liberals are pretty blase' about this kinda **** if their boy is in the WH. If this happened during an R's watch? Katy bar the ****ing door. It'd be the only thing we'd be seeing on the news. Hurricane Sandy? 3rd page.

SoonerProphet
11/6/2012, 06:27 PM

Don't be such a vagina.

SoonerProphet
11/6/2012, 06:45 PM

Embassy my ***, again with getting the facts straight. Also appears to be some doubts about its status as a consulate as well. Seems to me it was a CIA outfit. Speaking of, you think Issa and Chaffetz are going to open any hearings on leaking this information to the public?

TheHumanAlphabet
11/6/2012, 07:51 PM
This thing is still going? I'd figure that by now everyone read that the administration moved what assets it had as rapidly as possible, that no stand down order was ever given, etc.? Oh well.the admin did jack **** and let those people die. End of story.

cleller
11/6/2012, 08:41 PM
the admin did jack **** and let those people die. End of story.

Not quite the end; afterward they tried to blame it on some guy with a Youtube video. Probably send him to Gitmo.

Obama also lied to the nation about it a few times.

StoopTroup
11/6/2012, 09:47 PM
Inevitably, it always gets back to Bush, doesn't it. No matter what the occurrence, no matter what has happened, its always, in the bitter end, about Bush. Remarkable.

What's remarkable is you seem to discount my reasoning because I point out the the similarity of the two events vs. the outrage one should have over the other. I don't think either POTUS failed. I think both events are Tragic Events beyond our control and both are because Terrorists took advantage of weaknesses we have due to our having to expose many of our best in order to have good relationships with these Countries. Blaming our Presidents and using politics in this manner only serve to satisfy the Terrorists after they are successful in pulling off these horrible attacks on our Countrymen.

Blaming a President weakens our resolve to find who is responsible.

StoopTroup
11/20/2012, 09:44 PM
Clap On! Clap Off! The CLAPPER!

http://c481901.r1.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/james.jpg

sappstuf
12/8/2012, 10:28 AM
About what I expected. The only folks "deflective" are the ones who are having their false narrative debunked, again. Go search for your next contrived issue, root for your team, and take advantage of the next death to score political points as long as it fits your worldview.

Speaking of having false narratives debunked...

The Egyptian government has nabbed a major terrorist tied to the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, according to the Wall Street Journal. And that terrorist has direct, longstanding ties to al Qaeda leader Ayman al Zawahiri.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/major-benghazi-terror-bust_665205.html

LiveLaughLove
12/8/2012, 10:57 AM
Embassy my ***, again with getting the facts straight. Also appears to be some doubts about its status as a consulate as well. Seems to me it was a CIA outfit. Speaking of, you think Issa and Chaffetz are going to open any hearings on leaking this information to the public?

Are you saying our ambassador wasn't worthy of protection because he wasn't actually IN the embassy? Is this your defense?

He asked for extra protection, so he must have thought he was somewhere he should be entitled to it.

Your hand is weak, and you aren't showing a good poker face. You need to fold.

SoonerProphet
12/8/2012, 05:33 PM
Speaking of having false narratives debunked...

And what false narrative would that be, the gop attack machine has changed tack on the subject so often it has been hard to keep up? Is it the seven hour firefight, or they didn't call it an aq attack, or we left them to die, or is it they left those CIA operatives to die? Seems to be an ever shifting argument.

Pretty sure I read of aq attacks in the first few days of the attack. Sounds like efforts to score points off the corpses is still falling short.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?170817-The-Photos-Of-The-Dead-Ambassador-Were-Gruesome&highlight=Libya

SoonerProphet
12/8/2012, 05:35 PM
Are you saying our ambassador wasn't worthy of protection because he wasn't actually IN the embassy? Is this your defense?

He asked for extra protection, so he must have thought he was somewhere he should be entitled to it.

Your hand is weak, and you aren't showing a good poker face. You need to fold.

You seem to have conveniently ignored my question from the other thread. Benghazi or Tripoli, or are you still making wild guesses?

Midtowner
12/8/2012, 05:59 PM
And what false narrative would that be, the gop attack machine has changed tack on the subject so often it has been hard to keep up? Is it the seven hour firefight, or they didn't call it an aq attack, or we left them to die, or is it they left those CIA operatives to die? Seems to be an ever shifting argument.

Pretty sure I read of aq attacks in the first few days of the attack. Sounds like efforts to score points off the corpses is still falling short.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?170817-The-Photos-Of-The-Dead-Ambassador-Were-Gruesome&highlight=Libya

Haven't we moved on to "we don't really know what happened," with the implication that somehow the President had some hand in this. The attack machine is so geared up that they're already calling for the President's impeachment without any facts to base that call on. It's completely inept.

LiveLaughLove
12/8/2012, 06:20 PM
You seem to have conveniently ignored my question from the other thread. Benghazi or Tripoli, or are you still making wild guesses?

I ignored it because it was a stupid question with no relevance. That's usually the case when I ignore questions on here.

I know that he was in Benghazi. I know Benghazi wasn't where our embassy is. I know that there is debate as to whether it was a consulate or not.

I don't care. It has nothing to do with what happened and the WH covering it up and blaming some wretches video that no one had ever seen.

I know that Obama could come out tomorrow and admit he ordered Rice to lie and the rest cover it up and you and the media would not care one little bit.

You would excuse it, and blame Bush and the Republicans. Not a wild guess there, stone cold fact.

soonercruiser
12/8/2012, 10:43 PM

This "Thing" will blow wide open again when Obama puts Rice (the Team Lier) up for Sec. of State!
Like throwing gasoline on a dying fire...

soonercruiser
12/8/2012, 10:51 PM
Haven't we moved on to "we don't really know what happened," with the implication that somehow the President had some hand in this. The attack machine is so geared up that they're already calling for the President's impeachment without any facts to base that call on. It's completely inept.

Someone made the decision to give Embass. Rice bad information....to go on 5 nationally televised Sunday talk shows to LIE to the American people....for GOD's sake!
Maybe not the President....but.....I believe that someone high up in the WH, possibly Nat Sec Advisor gave her the "Lying Orders".
Kinda Obama's version of a Kamikaze Diplomat! The odds are that this was done to protect Obama before the election ("no attacks on American soil line")

It's just totally sickening that the popular media do not recognize that this so-called President and his administration cannot even get the words "Islamic terrorists" out of their mouths. They have outlawed the use of the word on their behalf. Political correctness, taken to the point of absurdity!
:hopelessness: