PDA

View Full Version : Not a big Tebow thread lover but couldn't resist this one

MamaMia
10/21/2012, 03:43 AM
This is off the charts weird.

Tebow has trademarked Tebowing

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/Tebowing.jpg

Tim Tebow trademarks ‘Tebowing’

Well, this is a new one -- the first time we're aware that a player in any sport has looked to slap a trademark on an on-field celebration. New York Jets quarterback/running back/marquee punt protector Tim Tebow might insist that his bow-down gesture, commonly known as "Tebowing," is more meaningful (and profitable) than a spike or sack dance, and he's set some legal effect behind that notion.

"I knew that this stuff that had been talked about, but I didn't know everything had gone through," he said on Friday. "I knew it was something that was cool for me in the past; but it's not something I do as Tebowing. It's something I do that's prayer for me and it got hyped as Tebowing. I think one, more to control how it's used as well. Make sure it's used in the right way.''

We can argue that the intention of prayer shouldn't be a copyrighted exercise, but Tebow's legal and business acolytes would clearly disagree. According to the New York Post, the trademark was filed by California attorney Anthony Keats, on behalf of XV Enterprises Limited, which is Tebow's marketing arm.

Yes, you may now insert jokes about how Tebow's marketing arm is far more effective than his throwing arm. From a marketing perspective, we suppose Tebow has a point. There's been a flood of Tebowing-related merchandise on the market, and his representatives sent letters of protest after two different companies -- Tebowing.com and TebowingGear.com -- filed patent requests last year. This doesn't seem to be an attempt to stop people from Tebowing if they so choose; more an effort to insure that if somebody wants to put that particular gesture on a T-shirt and sell it, the proceeds go to its "inventor."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tim-tebow-patents-tebowing-162924518--nfl.html

olevetonahill
10/21/2012, 07:21 AM
Yup Prayin just fer him unless ya wanta pose differently :succ:

bluedogok
10/21/2012, 09:53 AM
It seems that he is really nothing more than a pawn for his "handlers" after hearing some stories from his time here in Denver. It seems everything is calculated and done for marketing, there is not a genuine feel to anything that he does off the field. I kind of feel sorry for him but it is the path that he has chosen.

CowboyMRW
10/21/2012, 10:41 AM
I'm not going to rip on the kid. He does a lot of good in this world. I know many people think it's disingenuous, but he seems to be a good kid, and a great role model.

agoo758
10/21/2012, 11:19 AM
he seems to be a good kid, and a great role model.

It baffles me that some people still think this.....

King Crimson
10/21/2012, 11:26 AM
"used in the right way"......hilarious.

i like this in a way, shows how moronic our intellectual property laws are in a digital and human world.

not everything is a commodity.

King Crimson
10/21/2012, 11:28 AM
and is he still a virgin or what?

CowboyMRW
10/21/2012, 11:35 AM
It baffles me that some people still think this.....

Honestly, why do you think he's not a great role model? If I had a son right now, I would love for him to look up to Tebow. Tebow is a great believer in Christ and is always promoting Christ. Tebow was given a massive platform to spread the word of Christ and he doesn't shy away from it, which is what God called all Christians to do.* Landry, Bradford, Weeden, and many countless others are also great role models.

Lot better than Pacman Jones.

*In no way do I want to turn this into a Christianity debate. Just pointing out his platform he was given.

StoopTroup
10/21/2012, 11:46 AM
I had no idea that Tebow has big threads. I thought he used what everyone else does. What a narcissist.

MamaMia
10/21/2012, 11:59 AM
I admire him for being a voice for Christ, however patenting anything associated with Christ is making a spectacle out of christianity. It reminds me of all those evangelists on TV who are in it for the money.

agoo758
10/21/2012, 12:13 PM
Lot better than Pacman Jones.

This is what annoys me about Tebow worshippers. If we don't treat him like a god, then that means we love guys like Pacman Jones!

I don't like stripper beaters anymore than the next guy, but I also don't care for spoiled pampered jackasses who make everything about themselves.

Breadburner
10/21/2012, 12:25 PM
He's full of **** and a hypocrite......

CowboyMRW
10/21/2012, 01:29 PM
I admire him for being a voice for Christ, however patenting anything associated with Christ is making a spectacle out of christianity. It reminds me of all those evangelists on TV who are in it for the money.

I can agree with you on that note.

This is what annoys me about Tebow worshippers. If we don't treat him like a god, then that means we love guys like Pacman Jones!

I don't like stripper beaters anymore than the next guy, but I also don't care for spoiled pampered jackasses who make everything about themselves.

I understand what you're saying. But in a world full of wrong, he does what is right for the most part. Hence why I said I also admire Landry for everything he does for Christ.

MamaMia
10/21/2012, 01:50 PM
I can agree with you on that note.

I understand what you're saying. But in a world full of wrong, he does what is right for the most part. Hence why I said I also admire Landry for everything he does for Christ.Landry leads by example with grace and humility. Tim Tebow is a showboat.

StoopTroup
10/21/2012, 04:54 PM
I just patented LJing.

Pricetag
10/21/2012, 06:21 PM
Not to mention the arrogance, as if players haven't been doing this for the last thirty-plus years that we've seen a lot of football on TV.

Soonerfan88
10/21/2012, 09:37 PM
OK, I could be president of the "He's an overrated prima donna, shut up about him already!" club, but this does make sense to me.

There's been a flood of Tebowing-related merchandise on the market, and his representatives sent letters of protest after two different companies -- Tebowing.com and TebowingGear.com -- filed patent requests last year. This doesn't seem to be an attempt to stop people from Tebowing if they so choose; more an effort to insure that if somebody wants to put that particular gesture on a T-shirt and sell it, the proceeds go to its "inventor."

MamaMia
10/21/2012, 09:43 PM
OK, I could be president of the "He's an overrated prima donna, shut up about him already!" club, but this does make sense to me.How does that make sense? The requests didn't go through because you cant patent someone elses image, but for him to try to patent bowing just because some idiots call it TEbowing is ridiculous. His fight is with those two website individuals, not the whole world of people who bow to God.

goingoneight
10/21/2012, 10:32 PM
Let's just say a former Union Redskin-turned Oklahoma Sooner I know doesn't buy the Tebow "act" as he calls it.
That said, let Tebow do his thing while the rest of the guys making headlines are for getting arrested and stuff. If Tebow is truly a fake, it will all come out in the wash. Think about that guy who made the Kony 2012 video.

MamaMia
10/21/2012, 10:39 PM
I'm going to patent making snow angels, but just so everyone will do it right.

agoo758
10/21/2012, 11:21 PM
Let's just say a former Union Redskin-turned Oklahoma Sooner I know doesn't buy the Tebow "act" as he calls it.
That said, let Tebow do his thing while the rest of the guys making headlines are for getting arrested and stuff. If Tebow is truly a fake, it will all come out in the wash. Think about that guy who made the Kony 2012 video.

He is already bitching to reporters for not getting any playing time.

He also cried like to woody paige in 2011 when he was benched in favor of kyle orton.

SoonerLaw09
10/22/2012, 11:09 AM
That Korean dude needs to trademark "Gangnam style". It's become the new Tebowing.

PrideMom
10/22/2012, 11:24 AM
I was raised if you are a true Christian, you do not have tell people, it should show by the way you act.

VA Sooner
10/22/2012, 06:49 PM
Trademarking his "Tebowing".... now I've heard/read everything...