PDA

View Full Version : Questions about personnel

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/20/2012, 10:51 PM
1)Did Durron Neal play? Can/will he be redshirted?
2)I didn't see Dom Whaley. Did he play any, and is he okay?
3)Am I right that Roy Finch only touched the ball the one time, and it was to score on the kick return?(I didn't see every play, missed a few)
4)Any info re Drew Allen? Is he ready and good to go?
5)What is the latest info regarding Kendal Thompson?
6)Is Metoyer just not performing well enough in practice to start, and play more than he has lately?

Mjcpr
10/20/2012, 10:54 PM
Neal was thrown to incomplete I think, I didn't see Whaley play a snap, finchs only touch was the ko, Allen is #3 and Metoyer is taking some time to get going....luckily we don't need him yet.

BoulderSooner79
10/20/2012, 10:57 PM
Neal had a couple of catches against TTech. I'm betting if we knew about Saunders, we would have kept his red shirt intact.
I was very surprised not to see Whaley. He looked real good the last 2 games in limited duty.
I didn't see any other Finch touches - think he was on the field a few snaps.
No guess on Allen or Thompson
Don't know about Metoyer, but the other guys all look like they are playing better IMO.

10/20/2012, 11:08 PM
Thanks. anybody who knows any new tidbits re the questions I asked, or any other new personnel items of info, please chime in.

goingoneight
10/20/2012, 11:17 PM
Metoyer is still young with plenty of potential; but he's a prime example of why you don't get the wheels ahead of the ponies. People in the off-season had him being the next Malcolm Kelly and BIG 12 Newcomer of the year among several other apparently false hopes. Tap the brakes next time. Did you ever guess in April that Justin Brown and Sterling Shepard would play before him? I hope he just goes crazy in year two like Gresham did in '07.

10/21/2012, 12:29 PM
I'll bump it up, in case there's more info now, and more people watching.

Collier11
10/21/2012, 12:59 PM
1)Did Durron Neal play? Can/will he be redshirted?

He has been playing, unforutnately with Saunders getting cleared he is now about #5

2)I didn't see Dom Whaley. Did he play any, and is he okay?

OK from what I know, we really didnt have a run heavy gameplan so when we did run those went to DD Williams and Clay. We only ran the ball 18 times as a team.

3)Am I right that Roy Finch only touched the ball the one time, and it was to score on the kick return?(I didn't see every play, missed a few)

Only the one touch, what I love is the post game quote by Finch, something to the effect of "I am not in the rotation alot right now so when I do play my goal is to make an impact somehow"...I know we have heard over and over that he doesnt practice well but from everything I know he is a great kid
4)Any info re Drew Allen? Is he ready and good to go?

Drew Allen is the 3rd QB, Blake is the true backup now

5)What is the latest info regarding Kendal Thompson?

I have heard that he has looked very good in practice, not sure if that means he will compete with Blake next year or if it was just a basic compliment
6)Is Metoyer just not performing well enough in practice to start, and play more than he has lately?

Metoyer is relying on his physical skills, has had a tough time with the speed and reading where he is on the field apparently...he will get that "feel" down and be better by the end of the year. He still plays a lot, I just dont think Landry trusts him yet